Reviews for At Least It Was Here
MariaAlbina chapter 6 . 4/12
This was beautiful. I love your writing so much.
kate811 chapter 4 . 11/17/2013
Oh hello there. I'm supposed to be doing homework but instead I decided to review a bunch of fics today because I'm the worst. So I think I've told you before but I'll just say it again here: this chapter is what inspired me to write Bundle of Joy, because I'm obsessed with the idea of CC and Grace interacting after Sara's death.

I loved this line: The warmth that once emanated from the group, now one less, became a more fragmented strain. But they tried.

I loved that Niles snapped at CC and she was bringing him a drink instead. I love that so much, actually. It makes her so much more human rather than just enjoying Niles' misery, as the series typically made her do.

"What are two well-educated people doing serving a man who neither notices nor appreciates our talents?" SOMETHING I ASK MYSELF DAILY AS I WATCH THIS STUPID SITCOM.

Oh my god and then the whole ending where Niles tells CC why she is important to the group? I love you.

Sorry I suck at reviewing. I WILL TRY TO DO MORE LATER.
kate811 chapter 3 . 5/1/2013
So I'm a terrible person who never follows through on reviewing things but my plan is to finish reviewing this and then do your newest story so just be patient, young grasshopper. Can I kidnap you and hold you hostage and just force you to write Niles/CC fic all the livelong day? You write them so well it makes my insides hurt. Like...you're the only person I know of who could make CC at a dingy dive bar work. And then the convo at the end? Come on.

"Because for once, Miss Babcock," Niles replied, "I think we have something in common." Yeah you've got something in common alright besides wanting to tear each others clothes off but we'll save that for another day, Niles. Ugh you just GET THEM. And I love you for it.
ElectraE chapter 6 . 9/17/2012
Oh, I love this! Please update soon!
EspoirDio chapter 6 . 9/17/2012
Very nice. :)
seirina chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
I enjoyed this from start to finish! I really like your take on the Dummy Twins missing scene, and especially their discussion of why they both stayed with Maxwell over the years.

This line is one of my favorites:

["Then maybe you'll take some of mine." CC's voice cracked like a whip.]

I can just imagine her voice cracking him like a whip. Pretty sure he'd like it, too.

You write the dialogue between them in such biting, perfect terms. Love.
AllTheSnakes chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
Yes, it turned on a surprisingly in a Dummy Twins continuation...
It was beautiful, anyway. And I was feeling strange about CC's levelheadness untill you pointed that out... Perceptive writer is perceptive!
rx9872 chapter 6 . 9/16/2012
I love this! Please continue.
seirina chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
This is so good. I love the backstory you've created for both CC and Niles here, but CC's is especially nice. College against her mother's will, trying to emulate her father but not sure she really wants to be like him after all... And her growing interest in Niles is well written and convincing. I also loved the bit at the bar, and CC's obvious pleasure at creating a narrative for herself-and Niles seeing her home afterwards. The image of CC rocking baby Grace to sleep and looking to Niles for comfort he wasn't able to offer was also striking. Really curious to see where you're heading with this, and I look forward to reading more.
EspoirDio chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
God that was worth waiting for! I loved C.C.'s little encounter with her grandfather, not sure if that has ever been done in fanfiction...and yes just loved that exchange, but my favourite paragraph of the whole chapter is this:

CC opened her mouth and found she had little to say. She often spent her time thinking about what was needed—what needed to be done (what Maxwell hadn't done), what needed to be fixed (what Maxwell had done), what she needed (food and sleep, mostly). She never truly allowed herself to consider what it was she wanted…or perhaps she had and had been unable to figure it out.

Perfect and right on C.C. in my opinion! The rest of the chapter was very sweet too...I laughed at the Monopoly game and loved C.C. slowly realising that Niles does , in fact, take care of her.
AllTheSnakes chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
Wow!
Beautiful! Amazing!
There's not a word to qualify this correctly, in fact...
I wish they had this kind of human interaction in the show. There is so much in theis characters!
Keep it going.
AllTheSnakes chapter 4 . 9/9/2012
Wow. You almost made me cry reading this...
It's perfect. Explains a lot, and shows them bonding over their feelings... Amazing!
iza chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
great chapter, update soon
Longaway chapter 4 . 8/8/2012
Great Chapter. Please update soon :)
rx9872 chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
This is a good story. I like how you show how similar Niles and CC are in that they both feel trapped by who they are expected to be and want to be free and seen for their true selves.