Reviews for Consanguinity
Reda chapter 4 . 8/13/2012
I like this a lot and I hope to see more soon. Love your writing style and your take on Prussia's "voice" - so to speak.

Reda
Anivicuno chapter 4 . 8/10/2012
Good touch with Spain and Prussia , much these chapters are much more morbid and a contrast from the first two chapters. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/7/2012
Yes! Finally! Thank you!
"What could Prussia have done to stop the Nazi regime from spreading? The answer is not much at this point, if anything at all." I'm with you. Considering
a) something like 95% of all Germans supported Hitler before the war
b) there were STILL people who "believed in the Fuehrer" in 1945 (NOT kidding!)
all I can think is poor, poor Gilbert.
Oh, and thanks for handling Italy like he's a human being and not a clown.
mimi 007 chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
... Damn you and your fantastic writing. You may not be fully satisfied with the chapter but the words you use certainly aren't possible to dislike - and if you do I demand you to stop, for you have a colorful and descriptive language without going over the top and slowing it down to the point were people lose interest. I just wish that I could write this well but the simple fact that I can read this partly makes up for it.

If you wanted a brother-moment you I would mostly think you got it while Ludwig wasn't present - in the form of Gilbert's growing guilt the further Italy spoke. And until now your Italy is just as well done as the Germans with his personality if you want to make him a little more realistic. He is still our beloved crybaby who talks too much but it seems that there is some sense in there - even if he is dangerously naive and quite clueless. But you show him with... I can't explain, but abilities or something like it. I'm sorry, that's damn vague that one.

But it was very amusing to read the descriptions of Ludwig's relationship with Italy as I could all too well imagine him in the situations described... and you got that funny scene from the anime into this. The grenade-scene. With political responsibilities and a troublesome Italian I could so imagine the poor Germany to get a nervous breakdown from containing his anger. How the hell do you get a man like Italy to understand anything without raising your voice?! At least, how do you do it if you are Germany?

Italy is sweet, though, even if I am not sure he understands how much he bothers Germany. Though he must to some degree. On the other hand I also think it is his carefreeness that got him under Germany's skin in the first place. It is part of their relationship.

Sorry, I gotta go now so I can't write anymore, but I liked the chapter and the way this is heading... even if it is only possible for it to head towards war. I am excited to see Austria in the next chapter. He is another fave of mine on a shared place with Russia...
Random Hetalian chapter 4 . 8/6/2012
/and then, there was Italy. I tried not to make him sound too much of the annoying little bleep he is in the anime/

Haha no kidding XD
I keep waitng for an epic moment to come from him but it's not coming...

Anywho, Its a pretty good chapter. I love how Prussia gets all brotherly then WHAM! Do my paper work for a month. lolz nice

I also like to see his view on how he explaines Berlin as they prepare for Mussolini's visit. /Like a woman with to much makeup/ (Or something like that...)
A little Nazi overload eh Prussia?

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/5/2012
This is amazing. Thank you so so so much.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Hey! It's been more than a week! You got run over by a car or something?! I want my next chapter... *starts crying*
Guest chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
Love this stuff. And you know something? At first I thought that Antonio was being a right prat, but then I remembered what Gilbert had mentioned before - and apparently forgot at that particular moment: the negative effect civil wars have on a nation and its psyche. I mean, if you look at it, that was SO correct. What is a civil war on a personification of a country, if not going schizo? And rationally... well, it's ALWAYS outside forces that are responsible, right? "It was all the Capitalists's/Communists'/Fascists'/Jews'/[insert someone]' fault" etc etc, all variations of the old "The Devil made me do it". Because I expect it's far too painful to realise is was Spaniards vs Spaniards over which side won power in the country. Gilbert's philosophy should be taught in Universities :)
Sigart chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
This is way awesome. I love the way you're portraying Prussia and his own confusion over what happened and his own actions :D
Random Hetalian chapter 3 . 7/26/2012
OoO Woah...
...
Excellent as always :D
I love how Prussia is starting to question himself, Seems like he’s been brainwashed by the Nazis. It’s really sad about Prussia and Spain’s friendship though T-T
Nothings got hurt more than when a best friend betrays you.
mimi 007 chapter 3 . 7/26/2012
Once more I thank you greatly for updating so damn fast! And I truly love your Prussia, I really do. You write so well I am becoming jealous of you, both for your ability to plot out how to make each scene (even if the general plot is more or less already done because of this being a historical fic about a war that has already passed) and for you writing in general. I love you descriptions so much!

Concerning your facts it is truly awful how much blame Germany gets for everything even if they weren't alone in it. It is true that they were by far the bigger threat, but I don't believe they have all the blame in the things that happened... and further on that note my heart is bleeding for Prussia and Spain. Spain for being so affected by the war (not that I'm surprised) and Prussia for the hatred Spain has collected towards him after this. But a nation experiencing its people fighting themselves really gets affected, so... But it is such a nice friendship that has / had. Though since it is the time of the Nazism it is only natural that people would turn on the two (of course unless they are fascists as well, like Italy). Like with communism it was seen as a great due to the fact that the ideology itself usually is against democracy.

I also like the way Prussia is and how the effect of the Nazism spreading in his mind. He is less brainwashed that Germany is but as it is the people itself generating the ideas and their bosses controlling the direction the country goes they cannot be unaffected by the ideas and Prussia will have to 'fall' into the same madness even if he is generally against the regime. Had he been without the doubts and dislike to the Nazists he would probably be as committed to them as is Germany but now he is 'just' beginning to become aggressive and bloodlusting once more. Though he is born to fight - he can't be anything but happy about war. But fighting against a friend like that... He wouldn't like it.

And then there is just the usual to say - I am waiting for your next update already. I hope, really, really hope, that you get to write it out fast. But don't let the excitement of the crowd (which you deserve for this genius piece of writing) make you lose your style in an attempt of getting it done fast 'cause that would be awful!
Random Hetlian chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
- 5 STARS!

This story is absolutely wonderful! Even though I love the anime, I find myself more of a fan of serious and historical Hetalia; so this is right up my alley. I love all the fact and bits of information that you’ve slipped into the writing and the characters are spot on for the theme. I just hope at one point we can have a Prussia Germany brotherly moment, it would be gold!

Just take to mind that you have a new fan and I will be looking forward with an eager mind to read the rest ;)
SSRTC chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
I really like this story, and it is obvious that you did a very good job researching. I like your writing style. Really good work! Keep it up!
Anivicuno chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
Good job one the second chapter. Prussia seems more morbid that usual... Also, I loved the historical references. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
If reviews motivate you, there'll come a-plenty from this corner, 'cause the fic is jugging along VERY nicely.