Reviews for The Voice in the Dream
MonJoh chapter 8 . 3/3
That was a long one but I couldn't stop reading. The P.A. banter was excellent! Ever heard of the show 'The Librarians' because I think they borrowed some of your plot lines.
Tie-Dyed Broadway chapter 4 . 1/10
Elvis reference equals instant love.
purrbaby101 chapter 8 . 9/20/2015
And I'm crying. I found this by recommendation on another fic and thought I would give it a try. Wow. Just, wow. I don't usually enjoy modern day fics because they're mostly plotless with confused reincarnated Arthur learning about the world around him. Your fic is nothing like that. The dreams and memories are the perfect way to bring the Once and Future King back. When Merlin discovered he was aging... Oh god. So many feels. The battle scene was intense too, with Excalibur and Morgana. Everything was perfect. Thanks for writing such a great fic!
MoonlightMystery13.3 chapter 6 . 1/7/2015
Hm, so, Morgana has Aithusa's magic in a gemstone, right? And Merlin could identify it as such. Well, couldn't Merlin, as a dragon lord, control Aithusa's magic? Or is it just the dragon? Surely it would be both, as both the dragon itself and it's magic make up the dragon, right? I'm torn between realisticness (As real as things get in Merlin :P) and plot convenience. After all, if Merlin could control Aithusa's magic, then Morgana would never be able to take him, and the plot would kind of be shot. Hey, that rhymes. :D Alright, enough objections. I love this story, and I'm reading it for about the fifteenth time. I also like all the song suggestions; I've been enjoying listening to them.
Have a lovely day,
MM13.3
MoonlightMystery13.3 chapter 3 . 1/1/2015
FYI, cell phones are called mobile phones in England, so you might want to change that. Just wanted to say that I love your works. You are, in fact, one of my favourite Merlin writers, which brings me to the next order of business: I'd like to ask you a favour. I'd like some Merlin writing prompts, nothing too dark or far from cannon, please. I have lots of ideas, but they won't write, so I need something to stir up my creativity.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
MM13.3
Ellessaria chapter 8 . 8/17/2014
I'm usually put off from a Merlin fic that is set in the future, simply because I'm so in love with the setting of Camelot. I've attempted reading a few future-centric stories, but never get past the first chapter (and sometimes never even get through THAT much), but I kept seeing this fic being mentioned, both by authors in their author notes, and in reviews for other stories, so I decided to swallow my misgivings and start reading it.

And Oh. My. God. There are just SO MANY things that I loved about this story, and I can't even sort out what I loved about it the most. I think the first thing that impressed me was that you wrote it before season five aired; that, coupled with the touches of the original legends that you subtly included, floored me. The flashbacks to Camelot were some of my favourite scenes, particularly Arthur's death scene, which absolutely *slayed* me, what with Gwen's off-page death, and Merlin and Arthur's mutal admittance of their deep love for each other. I seriously can't stand ANY fic that slashes these two beautiful characters, because it simply destroys what makes them so beautiful. What you did with them, though, was just perfect.

The plotline for the future stuff was just awesome, too... the dragons (both in their original AND human forms), Morgana's truly evil desire for Excalibur and all that it contained... Merlin, who was so thoroughly *broken* by his lonliness, and Arthur's struggle to accept the truth of the dreams he'd been having for so many years.

And then that wonderful epilogue... when Merlin is finally released of his burden, and discovers that he won't have to be alone anymore, that he can live knowing that he will eventually die just like anyone else. The way our boys cried in each other's arms as they both came to terms with it... well, I cried *buckets* of tears. BUCKETS.

Flawless, just flawless. My breath was absolutely taken. Just beautiful... thank you SO much for writing this.

E x
xaonrider92 chapter 8 . 3/23/2014
Just when I thought I could not love the Merlin fanfic fandom enough, I find myself proven wrong when I find this fic. Damn, this would have been awesome as a movie or two, along with a tv series about Merlin and Arthur and the Knights fighting against Morgana, teaching magic to other people in the modern world, and solving magical problems. I would totally watch that. Or read that. *hinthint*

Somehow I can totally imagine Arthur and Merlin in the last scene of the fic, walking out of the cafe door, jacket/coat/scarf swaying in the breeze in slow-mo, epic music playing in the background. XD
aero1234541 chapter 8 . 3/19/2014
Ohmagod these feels ;; It's just.. Oh my gosh.. So amazing..

5 STARS
fariedragon chapter 8 . 1/16/2014
Well done. I am glad that Merlin was able to find peace.
Benjaminjonathan chapter 6 . 1/15/2014
You are an artist, I love you, please write till you die or something or something.
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 8 . 1/14/2014
Do me a favor: NEVER say your writing is meager (or whatever it was a few chapters back). PLEASE. "You're always better than you give yourself credit for. Remember that." You need to take your own advice, dear. (Or Arthur's advice... you know. :D ) I think you have succeeded nicely in reaching past everything else to touch the magic inside you.

Seriously, if you had ANY concept of the number of times I nearly DIED squeeing at this story, you wouldn't question yourself. This work of art you've created is amazingly in-character, has the feel and atmosphere of the show as a whole, and is incredibly well-written. Of course there are little mistakes here and there, but nothing of too much consequence. My one, teensy complaint is that you might consider breaking the chapters up a bit more, but that's more my personal preference than anything else. I'd also like to point out that I have an instinctive dislike for changing the settings of worlds in general (for example, fanfics of "Les Misérables" or "The Phantom of the Opera" that are set in modern times are often less to my taste), and the idea of an Arthur reincarnation instead of the same Arthur we all know and love was hard to swallow. Thus, the fact that I came out the other end of this story loving it to bits means that it's particularly impressive work on your part. :)

I often lose patience with the longest fanfics, but this one, especially once the story got good, had me on the edge of my seat, metaphorically, and laughing out loud, literally, as well as somewhere near crying (mostly during that long dream/memory sequence of Arthur's death *sob*), and half-crazy with giggles and fangirly goodness. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your talent. I wish you the best with your original book (*gives you Merlin!magic to help with it, though you don't really need it-your own brand of magic is just fine*), and would love to have a link to a place I can buy it if (WHEN) you get it published. This is one of my first favorite Merlin fics (I finished watching Season 5 maybe 4 or 5 days ago), and I think it's one I'm going to end up reading over and over.

You are amazing.

As for requests... I can't think of any specific ones just now... Just that you keep writing in this world you've created.

Now I'm off to giggle and squee some more, and to read your other fic set in this 'verse.

hollybridgetpeppermint

P.S. I have read a few of your other stories as well, and enjoyed them quite a bit, too. I've mostly become a lurker of late (*looks very guilty*), though, and this story just sort of COMPELLED me to review. (I suspect Merlin of coming out of your fic and putting a spell on me.) I'll have to try to go back and review the others now, too.
Kiki1302 chapter 8 . 11/29/2013
Your story was awesome. Thank you
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 8 . 11/1/2013
Beautiful and satisfying ending. Thanks again for this wonderful piece! ;)
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 6 . 11/1/2013
I am unashamed to admit that the last scene turned my eyes to water. :')
And I dread what's going to happen with Merlin, now that he's under Morgana's control...
Your story continues to be brilliant! I only wish it didn't have to end.
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 2 . 10/31/2013
This is... incredible. Really amazing. If you haven't yet managed to get a book published, I'm sure someday you will. You're an excellent writer, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for this 'Daybreak Saga' that's in the works.

Of special note, you've done a fantastic job of keeping everyone in character. In many Merlin fanfics, I have trouble 'hearing' the dialogue and 'seeing' the movements of the characters, because they don't fit with the voices and actions of the show's actors. Merlin himself, in particular, is very difficult to get right, in all his quirky glory.

But you've managed to nail him, and you've done an amazing job of keeping the spirit of the show going, especially with regard to the Arthur-Merlin banter. I have no trouble at all bringing the words and characters to life in my mind's eye. For that, I owe you endless thanks.

Story and author both favorited! ;)