Reviews for What's Important

Love and temptations
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
loved it.
BookwormDragon chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
This is the best story I've ever read in terms of Xander dealing with his parents' deaths. His reactions are realistic, and so are Spike's. You managed to convey that Spike only looks 17, he's not really. And you also gave Willow some nice depth here: you made her very human. Lovely.
Tharhi chapter 1 . 1/9/2007
I am impressed. Usually in stories like this two things happen. 1- X: oh, woe is me, family&Anya dead. Woot! Let's have wild sex! 2- X: Oh no, my life is over. They all hated me but I'm such a goody two shoes that I still love them and stayed with them as they abused me but they're dead now! I can no longer get attached because everyone connected to me dies. I love you Spike but I can't go through with it till you force me to see through the pain three years later. 3- Your version X: My family&Anya dead? I loved them so, and Spike saved me! Cry, friends help. Funeral, grieving time, relatives. Hey, Spike, I really do *like* you, but give me time.

*cough* Yes. You story not only has better plot, but is better written. I have to admit to also liking how you describe Spike in this story. I like him as a big nasty that needs to protect. Hmm... another good scene was the bit about Angel and short humor there. )

Best of all how you dealt with the parents. Not perfectly handled but more realistic than most, even the relationship between Xander and his parents felt more real than usual. Buffy and Willows didn't understand and just heard the complaining, so they go with the feeling that Xan doesn't care at all. But the reality is he still would care, especially in the way they died.

Anyway, I'm off to see if you have more works.
PyroMonsoon chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
very nice. Spike and Xander never really thought about it. Nicely written.
Beloved chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
aw!
amazingly cute ending out of a terible tragedy.
however, would lik sequel.
Spikey's Girl chapter 1 . 1/1/2004
My beloved Kai - RIP 31st December 2003
Ditto xxoo
Gryvon chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful, darling. _ Quite a wonderful fic, got any more laying around? I absolutely adore your writing style, it's so captivating.
State Hopper chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
Great, I have never read a Xan and Spikey pairing, but I thik I have a new best couple on my list!
Black Goddess chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
Very nice! I really enjoyed this - liked the fact that you explained the logic behind their relationship (though possibly slightly too much, I'm not sure) Good job anyway - a thoughtful piece of work.
sparkysparky chapter 1 . 10/21/2002
God I love Spike! He can be SO sweet sometimes!
Lily chapter 1 . 10/18/2002
Awesome story :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/20/2002
Wow! Great story!
Spikey's Girl chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
I adore Spike and Xander together, my favourite pairing and so I'm biased to start with. Then it's Kai, whom I adore, so I'm even more biased...still, excellent writing, fantastic story and I want more...which I know I'm not going to get grrr. *g* Bet the Nummytreats list would love this one. xxoo
Ten - Spikette chapter 1 . 8/22/2002
Oh Kai! What a delightful and heart-felt story, an unexpected slashy treat that doesn't get down and dirty, but instead is natural, uplifting, and affectionate. Spike is sympathetic and understanding of what Xander is going through, and Xander stops questioning his reaction to things and just does what is comfortable and safe for him. The trust they established early in the story really works here. I love how Spike tries to make things as normal as possibly under abnormal circumstances. Favorite lines: "’I'd see them and know that north is north and south is south and mom and dad are bickering drunks. They made sense in a world where your best friend can become a vampire and demons are waiting to swallow the planet," and "A few days with me and you’re becoming a silver-tongued devil." Well done, darlin, well done!