Reviews for Unsung Songs of Summer
Mave Marie chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Kudos. This was so well written and I love it so much! Luke was adorable, I really loved the "You are a Grade A cockblock, dude." And I was wondering if I could get permission to use it sometime. Of course I wish chase had ended up with her, but I would hate the story then. It wouldn't be art anymore. And it's rare to find art as perfect as this.
HarvestMoonWizz chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
It was a great story, I really enjoyed it! Is there another story that goes with it?
Hope chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
So well written! :) I love Selena, and this pairing never ceases to fancinate me! Great work!
Charlyatt chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
First of all, I just want to mention how absolutely refreshing it is to find an HM fic that doesn't involve the main characters at all. I mean, I like them and all, but there's kin of a limit to how much you can handle before it just feels repetitive. So I just wanted to thank you for not including any of them.
I'll admit I clicked on this because I was very confused as to how you were going to work with Chase and Selena, but you did it really well and grasped their characters nicely. I'm so glad you didn't put Selena in a negative light because the fandom is absolutely TERRIBLE to her and it's just nice to see her get a little love. The bittersweet mood worked really well here, and you have really good pacing so as not to make the development feel rushed but not letting it drag on and on either. I enjoyed reading this, you did an awesome job!
Lucy Kay chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Wow.
At first, I was sad that this didn't turn out all happily ever after like every other story on here, but I think that's what makes this story one of my new favorites. It's so... refreshing. There's this amazing real world connection in here with such a captivating flow (both word choice and plot movement) that I was glued to this. Now that it's over, I have this pit in my stomach - almost like how I would imagine Chase might feel. But it's so uplifting at the same time. It's so difficult to describe!
You've done an amazing job. Thank you so much for posting this! I've had a blast travelling through the words. )
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Wow, this pairing was very nicely written. I couldn't help but be intrigued by the description, and you did a great job on Chase's voice as well as the general pacing of the story (although it was a little hard to tell how much time had passed at times). I loved the subtlety of Chase's relationship with Selena, and how it never really came to fruition. And as for the characterization? Wonderfully done on all accounts. Overall, I'd honestly say this was one of the best HM fics I've read here. :)
Singkatsu chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This was a very different take for you, in both its bittersweet quality, world and perspective. Even with the creative liberties taken regarding Chase's situation, you managed to create an interesting scenario to read and an amusing character. I did like the themes brought forth here, and the subtle relationship between Chase and Selena. The overall flow of the story, especially given that it was done in first person, was done well, though there were a few hiccups here and there. Overall, I really enjoyed this foray into Waffle Town and this bittersweet 'romance' between the two nonchalant, 'trolly,' villagers.
LoneTaku chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
:D
Hersheychoco101 chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
This is such a cool pairing! Awesome job and well written!