Reviews for The Wagtail's Cuckoo
Jasenerd chapter 7 . 3/23
So Shirou can't form a Sekirei Bond? I thought that was the whole point of the surgery/therapy he went through
Telron chapter 7 . 5/11/2014
LOL good story
Katsugi chapter 7 . 5/5/2014
Thanks for the story. I enjoyed it.
hont91 chapter 7 . 2/5/2014
I'm confused, this is marked as complete, but it doesn't feel complete...
oh well, it was fun anyways, nice job

following just in case...
King ofheros chapter 7 . 12/31/2013
has anyone taken this chapter for a story?
Racke chapter 7 . 12/29/2013
I-I-I literally can't stop laughing. Baka-Shirou deciding to recklessly try and get Winged by Ilya without even checking to make sure she's an Ashikabi. And then being an arch-nemesis to Kuu. How the hell does even manage to do that when he has the emotional depth of a sink? Their instinctual rivalry is awesome!

It starts out being a sweet story, where we can see Shirou grow up without the Ideal that colors his life in canon, and still be happy. Then it goes on to be an entertaining story as we're introduced to Ilya and Kuu, and Shirou's bizarre relationship with them. And then he just has to prove the fact that he's completely insane by trying to get Winged, and ends up with a semi-Ashikabi (someone he Reacts to, but that is unable to Wing him for some reason) that he then moves in with in order to prepare for the War.

I don't think I'd like to read the actual War (because it's been done too many times, and I've played through the game enough times that it's actually something that's unattractive for me to read about), but I think it'd be really interesting to see some kind of War-Epilogue where they reflect on the outcome of it, along with some of the events during it.

Like, learning what happened to the characters we know and love, or hate (cough-Shinji-cough), or how Masters and Servants reacted to Shirou's presence. To see if Shirou manages to actually get Winged by Ilya, or if someone steals him away, or if he ends up Reacting to lots of girls and somehow ends up with a harem (which would undoubtedly make Uzume extremely proud).

There's lots of things I'd like to see, but I don't think I'd enjoy reading about the actual War. So yeah, this Prologue leaves me longing for more, even if you keep insisting that I shouldn't expect anything. It really is a most wonderful story.
badkarma00 chapter 7 . 11/9/2013
This was cute as all get out!

Bad
Xyfa chapter 7 . 10/8/2013
I really like your Shirou characterisation, and the Ilya interaction is great.

Cool crossover, look forward to more!
Celis chapter 4 . 9/22/2013
God damnit man, the feels!
Han-Ko chapter 7 . 9/18/2013
Nice prologue XD
Han-Ko chapter 6 . 9/18/2013
Thanks for this beautiful fic ;_;
Ectis chapter 7 . 9/4/2013
Not a bad start, and while you made your distaste of Sekirei apparent in No One Left Behind, I wouldn't mind seeing some more of this.
Guest chapter 7 . 9/4/2013
Are you kidding me? A miya trained, IBM enhanced, Avalon-toting Shirou? Fuck..
brunofanofk chapter 7 . 9/3/2013
please, write Fate Stay Shrike
cerokun chapter 7 . 8/31/2013
So Ilya's nature disqualifies her from being an Ashikabi, right? Hmm... Is Saber eligible? How long ago did the Sekirei arrive on Earth?

*drops to knees and begins begging*

Please please please please continue the story!