Reviews for The Buried Life
irononmaiden chapter 27 . 7/10
The mystery/adventure surrounding Harry was fun to read. But after all that build-up between Severus and Hermione, this ending (which isn't really an epilogue—it's just the conclusion of the story) was a major letdown. "Then, after 2 years of unnecessary separation, Hermione traipses halfway around the world and gets Severus to grudgingly agree to acknowledge his feelings. The end." Feh.

Sorry, I hate to be negative in a review. I really enjoyed the first 25 chapters and would have enjoyed a conclusion that continued at the same level of intensity.
I love these two together, but your build-up leaves much to be desired. Either, it takes them more time to reach this point, or she has to be at least 19-20 years old (17 is just way too young) or severus has to be a bastard ready to take whatever is offered. So... A 17y old girl and a 37y old man, who have had a grand 1 week together... I'm not buying it. And i'm sorry about that, because i really enjoy your writing. But you could have put more depth and effort into the story. It's the same with the rise-from-the-dead potions master, a bit too convenient, not enough backstory and over way too fast. If you were to put more into the story, this could be amazing.
They're a great detective duo
With great power comes great responsibility :)
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 27 . 6/15
I have many mixed feelings about this fic.
amr56 chapter 27 . 5/27
Wow, this was a great story. The idea behind it was very interesting and the writing was very good. I liked the banter between Snape and Hermione. I also really like Dumbledore's cabin; you had a lot of touches that really made the plot rich and interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Xiaou Nem chapter 27 . 3/25
I enjoyed reading this story.
BlueDorid chapter 27 . 2/22
Beautifully written with such an interesting and unique plot. I just love the imagination in this story! Dumbledore's vacation home was just lovely and I so wish I could spend a weekend there myself.

I enjoyed your take on a Severus post Voldemort. Still with Snape-like characteristics but relaxed a little, allowing himself to soften.
Ari chapter 27 . 2/20
Great job. Loved it!
I thought that was a crappy way for Severus to treat Hermione. He didn't even have enough respect for her to let her make up her own mind and like an emotional coward took himself away from her as if he hadn't really cared at all.
Aschenbroedel chapter 20 . 1/23
Oh god, this is one of my favourite chapters I have ever read. You had me smiling all the way through because they are just so cute, and without a lot of effort and without any narration whatsoever you managed to capture their two days, the development of their relationship and the atmosphere. It's simply perfect.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 27 . 1/13
Awww. so glad Harry is happy, too. Thanks for sharing this.
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 15 . 1/11
I love Albus's vacation cottage. I'd like one of those! and a floo connection to get there, and a house elf for a friend, and a flying broom...
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 11 . 1/11
I've never read a better version of Snape's reaction to Hermione's cat-polyjuice. He thought she failed! never read that in a story before. very good.

good chapter
I LOVE this story! It is so wonderful to read a great SSHG story without sex! It was beautifully written and make me cried and laughed. A story I want to reread again and again.

I LOVE all your stories in fact. I read all your HP stories over here and in living journal except DM. I never read an unfinished story but for you I think I'm going to make an exception.

How I wish u still write HP.