Reviews for The Buried Life
Guest chapter 3 . 3/27/2016
"He had wanted to matter most to someone - and he had. He had mattered most to Harry Potter."
You ruined my life with those two lines. Bravo. You're a beautiful writer.
Jessie Deal chapter 27 . 3/1/2016
This was a beautiful story. And the epilogue was convincing with it's conclusion. Thank you so much for this.
Jessie Deal chapter 23 . 2/28/2016
I, too, wept a lot while reading this chapter. This chapter is where it all clicked perfectly into place and highlighted just how good your writing and planning ahead was. The mental insight is very well done.
As a side note I really liked your McGonagall. This is perfectly in line with how I imagined her to be.
HannaMi3 chapter 27 . 2/11/2016
I actually cried at how beautiful this story is. Thank you! I am so glad I found it.
Guest chapter 27 . 2/2/2016
Not sure how many times I have read this, but I enjoy it each time.
SkyeMoor chapter 27 . 1/21/2016
This was a truly delicious story, you have my thanks and appreciation.
Loved the idea of using potion ingredient placement as a fist.
I must confess I do like Harry getting a chance to show his Slytherin side... in that uniquely Gryffindor way he has of just stating deep truths as if they should be perfectly self-evident. All the cunning, none of the subtlety.
Sazor8 chapter 27 . 1/18/2016
This story is just wonderful, and I just had to say that this idea of Dumbledore's cottage, is simply amazing, and the idea that he further enchants it when he is board is so fun. I love it!
Thank you!
sevslave1 chapter 27 . 12/12/2015
Was a very nice, well written story up until the end. The epilogue really didn't feel like an epilogue (does that make sense) it felt like it should've been the last chapter and there should be an epilogue yet to come...
Jonia chapter 1 . 10/31/2015
Wonderful! Very well done!
TPalesh chapter 27 . 9/1/2015
What a very nice and we'll written storya good plot... But I'm afraid I have to agree with the previous reviews... What happen with the last chapter? It's an ending but it's not really an epilogue. You did well explaining and describing severus and Harrys life in exile, the mione shows up, Harry is happy with Amery, Hermione ans severus talk and then suddenly the plot loses its 'grace'. A hug and 'time to go home' and that's it? I don't mean to let this sound harsh, mind, but the ending is too short. It seems as if you didn't know what to write anymore and then you just wrote a very short version of what you think might fit... Besides that, the story was very nice and we'll written. Bit (Sry for my bad EnglishI'm not a native speaker.)
MyLovelyHorse chapter 27 . 8/16/2015
Thank gods I was reading this story at home on a weekend - there were parts that just had me blubbering like a fool. (My co-workers would have no doubt called for a straight jacket). Very interesting plot, well told, great dialogue (Chapter 20! So good!), minimal Weasleyness; I loved it. Thanks so much- you're a talented writer and I really appreciate your work. I know I will enjoy reading this again one day.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/11/2015
Still amazing. So glad to have this story here to read and re-read. There are parts that still bring tears to my eyes and probably always will.
iron-on-maiden chapter 27 . 7/10/2015
The mystery/adventure surrounding Harry was fun to read. But after all that build-up between Severus and Hermione, this ending (which isn't really an epilogue—it's just the conclusion of the story) was a major letdown. "Then, after 2 years of unnecessary separation, Hermione traipses halfway around the world and gets Severus to grudgingly agree to acknowledge his feelings. The end." Feh.

Sorry, I hate to be negative in a review. I really enjoyed the first 25 chapters and would have enjoyed a conclusion that continued at the same level of intensity.
Guest chapter 18 . 6/24/2015
I love these two together, but your build-up leaves much to be desired. Either, it takes them more time to reach this point, or she has to be at least 19-20 years old (17 is just way too young) or severus has to be a bastard ready to take whatever is offered. So... A 17y old girl and a 37y old man, who have had a grand 1 week together... I'm not buying it. And i'm sorry about that, because i really enjoy your writing. But you could have put more depth and effort into the story. It's the same with the rise-from-the-dead potions master, a bit too convenient, not enough backstory and over way too fast. If you were to put more into the story, this could be amazing.
Guest chapter 14 . 6/23/2015
They're a great detective duo
970 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »