Reviews for Companionable Silence
Requiem the Eternal chapter 1 . 9/24
huh...I didn't think anyone actually REMEMBERED the Mime...kudos.
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I loved the interaction between Roxy and Camilla here, especially considering how different their characters are. Roxy's loud and reckless, while Camilla is quiet and communicates through sign language. I really liked the scene where Camilla and Roxy talk through sign language and Camilla shows Roxy the newspaper clipping about how she ended up in prison. It's actually very sweet that they develop something of a friendship, despite their personality differences and feelings on loud noise. Your stories have really made me appreciate the Mime and Roxy as characters. I had a fun time imagining them playing the variety of games that they do, such as hangman and Battleship.

The way that their relationship develops is very nicely done, too, especially the respect that loudmouthed Roxy gains for Camilla. Both characters are in-character and very well-written. I especially liked the ending, and how they caught up with their game of Battleship when both of them returned to prison. The writing, as usual, was very fluid and excellently done. The sign language between Roxy and Camilla was excellently written and captured their characters perfectly.

Excellent job! I really loved this story, and thanks to your lovely work I'm gaining an increasing appreciation for Camilla Cameo.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Good fic. Wish there were more fics of RR.
Viviane Renard chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I just finished watching the Batman: the Animated Series, so I was excited to see a story about Roxy (she was such a fun thrill-seeking villain). The Mime was not a character I knew about, so I applaud you not only for knowing an obscure Batman villain, but also for breathing fresh life into said villain. Even though I knew nothing about her coming into this story, you really made me like Camilla. Roxy and Camilla's attraction reminded me of two magnets. At times, they attract, but at other times they repel (like when Camilla knew things wouldn't work out if she fled the country with Roxy).

I love this line:

"After a week or two, prison was turning into a slumber party more than a punishment for Roxy."

This would exactly be Roxy's thought process. Great job with this story! I enjoyed reading every line.
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
You guys are doing great with all the fics you've been writing! I'm amazed both at the quantity and quality of your output. I don't really like femslash, but I like this story and the way you built a slow-growing relationship between Roxy and Camilla that was based on games and how you relaistically showed the problems in such a relationship what with them being in and out of prison and them being so far apart.

I also appreciate that you two are concious about things like abelism and stereotypes. Words can indeed hurt, and so many people on the internet just don't seem to realize it or care. I'm glad that you guys are different.

Speaking as a differently-abled (Tourette Syndrome) person with a boyfriend who has hearing loss, though, I don't think this story is ableist at all. If Roxy's used to having perfect hearing, and she starts to lose it, it makes sense that she would grieve the loss of an ability and the need to adapt to life in a new way. I'll let you guys judge whether to keep the label or not.