Reviews for Subtle Soldier
EsperRider chapter 13 . 6/10/2013
It's a really amazing story. I had always imagine how it would be like if Denzel met Lightning because I wanted them to relate in losing both their parents and then I found your story! I really enjoyed how Lightning is the mother figure and how they both can blend in the two worlds together. Now I really wished there were more stories with this kind of relationship. D; The story is really great and I wish there was more but it's completed and I'm also satisfied with how everything ended. Your other stories are also amazing. Keep up the good work! I hope you make more awesome stories. :DDD
Kiireraev chapter 12 . 3/21/2013
Wow. I just love Advent Angel and Stray. They really lay heavy on my mind. If you ever decide to write out more of those stories, you already have a dedicated reviewer.

The way you portray Lightning in them is just amazing. I'm kind of sad that this is complete.

Thank you for writing this story, I just keep reading my favorite stories repeatedly.
Erifrats101 chapter 13 . 11/6/2012
Sorry for the delay (got sucked into another fandom for a month or so, XD). Anyway, GREAT story. Loved each chapter. I like how you explored a softer maternal side of Lightning, but still kept her in character (which most seem incapable of doing). I also like how you looked into Denzel as well, and gave him a god characterization, rather than just making him a medium with which to explore Lightning as a mother. All the chapters were well-written, and I'd love to see more from you. :D

Keep up the great work,
E101

P.S.-using a work computer, so no login, :/
Erifrats101 chapter 7 . 9/21/2012
YAYYYYY! I had a feeling as soon as I saw the chapter title that Cid would be included! Liked Denzel's point of view, as well as the hint of Cid/Light in the future. Like I said, not enough of them in the fandom, so its nice to see here, along with the [rare] depiction of Light's own family.

Couple questions/thoughts; how old is Denzel? I wanna say 10, but I'm not sure, and I know Dahj [was] 6 at the time of FFXIII...

Also, (and his is very minor; feel free to ignore) I thought Fang's eyes were green and Cid's a sort of amber. I'm open with Cid, since there's no good way to tell (I'm judging from popular belief and my staring at his pic in the guidebook (same with Fang)). That's all.

Anyway, still loving the story, keep up the great work,
Erifrats101 chapter 5 . 9/7/2012
Just found this story and I LOVE it. Great writing, and I also like thinking of how Lightning would be as a mother. You capture that perfectly, and I enjoy all the oneshots.

If I had to pick a pairing, Light/Cid is my #1 choice. Then Cloud. I refuse no pair her with Noctis until I play his game, XD. Anyway, I liked how Cod and Light were friendly in that Noctis-bit; it'd be interesting to see them as a couple, since there's a huge lack of that pairing in the fandom...

Anyway, great story. Keep up the good work,
ziel101 chapter 4 . 9/1/2012
Wow, I seriously loved the first 3 chapters of this. The idea of Mother Lightning is so wounderful, especially seeing how she interacted with Hope in-game. I will be stalk- I mean following this story, though skipping any 'Romantic' chapters, I'm rather greatful you put up a little Author's note informing about chapter 4 being a LightxNoct, because I was happily able to skip it lol I'm not a fan of that couple, or much of any of Lightx[Person] couples. I'm just hear to read Lightning as a mother. Great job on this, and hope to see the next chapter soon!
MinaDeville chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
My god! This is amazing. Please, pleeeeaaase update soon!
And pair Light with Noctis :3
SJ chapter 2 . 8/20/2012
This story is simply fantastic. It's a cool and interesting take on an after story, and I love the way you write Lightning. And seeing as how he didn't recognize the 'blond man' earlier, I take it that his father isn't Snow. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Driven by Apathy chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Since you say you dislike Snow, I assume he's going to have died an ignoble death in this story? :D

I would advise you to do so, in any case, since character bashing is never a good quality in any story, even if the character deserves it (and Snow, for all his many flaws, doesn't really. There are characters much, MUCH more worthy of your hatred).

So if you hate them, or have to get them out of the way to tell the story you want to tell, just kill 'em. Much cleaner than pointless bashing.