Reviews for Set Fire to the Rain
GunShy1 chapter 6 . 11/16/2016
I love this story. It is just chock full of excitement. Poor Matt can hardly get up on Buck. I love Kitty taking charge of the situation. She may not be big, but she is tough and determined. I loved this line; "Not only was Keeler shot, but so were her nerves." Great exchange between her and Matt at the beginning when he told her to get Keeler's gun. Things were bad for them at the beginning and worse at the end. This story is a page turner for sure.
GunShy1 chapter 5 . 11/16/2016
Oh what a magnificent fight scene. Brave Matt, struck from behind and knocked near unconscious by his cowardly attacker and still rising to battle valorously, if vainly, to save himself and his defenseless damsel from his crazed opponent as the oblivous rain continued to lash both combatants. Some defenseless damsel, I say. Loved the conversation between Matt and Keeler: "...kill me because I hurt your pride? in this storm? Are you crazy? Oh I just love this story.
GunShy1 chapter 3 . 11/16/2016
Again, I love young Matt and Kitty. I like to think of them frozen in these early days, forever young and happy. This chapter is another wonderful example of perfectly chosen words and perfect pictures. The first near butterfly kiss was perfect. And I loved that he sprang onto Buck's saddle and grinned at her boyishly. Unfortunately I did notice in the previous chapter that Matt had a crawling feeling and I know when Matt has a feeling, I should worry.
GunShy1 chapter 2 . 11/16/2016
I love the beginning of the story. The recounting of the beautiful, if tragic, romance of a mysterious couple that fortuitously intersects the lives of Matt and Kitty whose own romance is little more than a light in their eyes. You do a wonderful job of showing that while they are just friends, it is clear that the seed for something much more is already present. I love reading about young Matt and Kitty in a time when there lives were all about expectation and not regrets. I also like the structure of moving back and forth in the time line. I found that very effective. What a sad ending for a near orphan girl pining for family. Family found and family lost in one moment in time.
RBGirl chapter 14 . 4/19/2016
Absolutely fantastic
Kittylover chapter 14 . 2/16/2013
Damn, you're good. This was wonderful.
mahc chapter 14 . 7/29/2012
Glad you posted this story here, as well. I enjoyed it again.
cheyenne1963 chapter 14 . 7/27/2012
Wow what an amazing story. Just when I think it cant get any better you rise to the challenge and prove me wrong. I love the name Oceane its beautiful. Your writing abilities never seize to amaze me. When I read one of your stories I actually feel like Iam right there what a talent you have. Thanks so much for the story. The passion at the end even left me breathless and I was just reading. Lol I cant wait for the next one.
C.I.TigerFan chapter 14 . 7/27/2012
Perfectly wonderful! Thank you for writing!
C.I.TigerFan chapter 13 . 7/27/2012
Can honestly say I have never had rabit stew. Thank heavens for small blessings!
C.I.TigerFan chapter 12 . 7/27/2012
Matt, you sneak! Nicely done
C.I.TigerFan chapter 10 . 7/27/2012
So sweet. I love your authors note. You just keep adding to your "lack" of expertise. Cracking me up. I think you are doing a grea job. Love the updates!
MoonstoneMaiden chapter 14 . 7/27/2012
I love your stories. Keep them coming!
tengland2 chapter 14 . 7/27/2012
Things are looking up for the two of them. He's eating and to insure he rests, she took his clothes.
At least now they've got a start on their relationship. How to raise the money needed to buy part of the Long Branch and no more work upstairs. Does't seem to matter to him what people think of her being a saloon girl.
tengland2 chapter 12 . 7/27/2012
Give her credit for making an something decent to eat, with what little she had to cook with and Matt liked it. Ate even though his stomach hurt. On to more of thier adventure.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »