Reviews for Cassiopeia's Asylum
roses are white chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
I know next to nothing about the Black family, but this story left quite an impression on me. When I was done, I felt like I wanted to murder Cygnus for what he did to her. Same goes for Pollux. Did Dorea ever know what happened to her sister, or did her parents lie to her, saying the girl went insane?
distances chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Great writing!
kci47 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Aw, so sad that she hides in the attic and just sort of rots away up there! Very sad piece in general. I need to familiarize myself with the Black family tree!
Black Rose Blue chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Okay. That's just really all I have to say. Don't think that it doesn't mean I didn't like this though, I did, but really "okay" is all I have to say for some weird, weird reason.
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Aww poor Cassiopeia! She is by far the most interesting of the blacks and I love what you've done with her character. More smut :D although I don't know why I expected anything less XD

I just couldn't stop feeling sorry for Cassi throughout the story. She was confused and spoiloled by her father and It just makes me want to hug her.

Having each section set years apart from each other really added to the story, I think and it showed us most of Cassi's life in a short storyspan, which is the type that I like. Loved this! Amazing job
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
I don't think I even have words for this. It was dark, yes, but terribly realistic. Cassiopeia's thoughts and fears and her (confused and twisted) relationship with Pollux were wonderfully written. You're amazing, Gamma.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Wow, this is intense. I don't usually read fics like this, but I think you did a very good job with the dark subject matter. You really showed how it affected Cassiopeia mentally, and how she was scarred by the whole situations. I don't really know these characters very much, although I've heard the names before, but you did a very nice job giving them all reasonable personalities. I like how you showed the progression of what happened through the years, and how both the beginning part and the end part had the whole 'back and forth, back and forth' phrase. I was a little curious about how old Cassiopeia was in those beginning segments, as it wasn't mentioned, but that was a really minor detail and more because of my own curiosity than anything else. Anyway, good job showing how dark this was, and you really handled it well.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Wow, this was such an intense fic. I love the way that you detail the mental journey that Cassiopeia takes. Man she becomes rather twisted in the end. She certainly had many issues by the end... good job!
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Well, this is certainly not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate the concept. The poor girl had a lot of issues, and the fact that she thought what she was doing with her brother was normal was heartbreaking and terrible. The saddest part is that things like this really do happen to people, not just in fiction.
lowi chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Wow. Just wow. Gamma, you're an absolutely fantastic writer - this is so powerful and scary and touching and I don't even have the words to describe it.

You really created a wonderful and well-developed character in Cassiopeia, and well, in /all/ of them. I also loved the ending and how it was tied together with the beginning (the back and forth bit).

Fabulous work!
Aenaris chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Nicely written and good character development. Apparently there's just something about the Black family that makes people think they behaved like that, only mine was Cygnus Black, father of Bellatrix, Andromeda and Narcissa.
FeyFaerie chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Excellent story, very sad, but I have no idea who these characters are! From Regulus' middle name, I can guess that Arcturus is a Black ancestor in the canon, is Cygnus the first, making Druella's husband the second Cygnus? And as for the four siblings, are they OCs, or just barely/unmentioned canon characters that aren't on this website?
Mrs Bella Riddle chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Poor Cassy. Wonderful Gamma. Reading this you feel her anguish and how terrible what happened to her was. I really like the fleshing out of a character we know nothing about.
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Oh dear. There's parts that remind me of my one-shot that I wrote about Arc/Ly :/ Does that mean, our Head!Canon are alike? But your piece is so much better than mine! Anyways I loved this so much! I wanted to hug Cassy and punch Cygnus and Pollux! From the beginning to the end it was so eerily beautiful! The description of her thoughts were so perfect :) Great job!

Much love!