Reviews for Path of Torn Bodies
Very well written! Interresting take on the character, and I really loved Dixie. Poor thing. This definately could have happend, which makes it even sadder. :(
Haru chapter 1 . 6/19
Awwww. That's so damn touching it hurts.
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 6/9
Dixie has... I'm guessing autism? That's cold. Really cold. I've never thought about it, but SOME of those hundreds of kids chosen must have had disabilities, especially with the dismal surroundings... This was a great exploration of Caesar's character. I wonder what he thought when he was interviewing a post-torture Peeta.
UnluckyAmulet chapter 1 . 5/30
MY FEELS.

Seriously, well done! I've always liked Flickerman solely because he's played by Stanley Tucci, but this adds a new dimension to his character I'm sure many people would never thought of. I really have nothing to critique.

~Amulet
stinkyshirt chapter 1 . 5/17
Dixie made me cry TToTT All the while, I was thinking that Caesar could not be so stupid to not realize what Hunger Games is after being on the show for so long and for being the middle man amidst all this. I imagine that he would have been a character of great depth. And you... you did justice to Caesar's character. It was definitely in character that he would be prejudiced at first, deriving sick pleasure with playing on the tributes' weaknesses and along the way he would have to grow up and Dixie is the perfect catalyst for it. Dixie - someone who's so naive and childlike - the one who made him grow up and mature. Someone who's thought to be blind about the world made him see. That handkerchief made me cry, really TTOTT You're a great writer!
Coline7373 chapter 1 . 5/16
Aww, shit. It's good. I actually like the character in the book even thought he's the "ennemy".
Meepyonnee chapter 1 . 4/24
Giving us insight into an otherwise ignored character just as he himself acknowledged those he once ignored... this is beautiful. I love how you did not simply narrate inexplicable thoughts of pity, but instead gave Ceasar Flickerman a /voice/.
IndefiniteHeaven chapter 1 . 2/8
Oh my god, this was beautiful. I nearly cried.
Rarou chapter 1 . 12/11/2014
Beautiful and heart wrenching. Loved your story
sweetgums chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
I'll be honest, when I first started reading this, as soon as I came across "Dixie Hayes" I couldn't help but cringe: "not another Mary Sue, please". But I'm very happy to say that I was very pleasantly surprised by her character and the subsequent turn of events, and of course the heart-aching ending. Very, very nicely done. One of my favorite HG fics of all time. I have more sympathy towards Caesar now, thank you so much for writing this!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
SO GOOD. So good!
dominictemple chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
f**k me that hits well. Caesar's always struck me as an amoral man, but his POV when he realises that she's an actual person just like his nieces and nephews is sheer horror.
The One And Only Lobster chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
You made me cry.

This story was brilliant. I love how you created such a compelling character in Dixie in such a short story. I wonder if Caesar really would be allowed to sponsor a tribute, but that's something I'm willing to let go for the good of the fic.

Caesar has always been a character I really enjoyed, and one I wish we knew more about. I remember being very surprised when he didn't turn up for the rebellion in Mockingjay. I wonder if he just got left behind, or stayed behind of his own volition? Of course that is what fanfic is for.

I really think he would remember all the names.
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
Wow...this was an amazing story. I really loved how you showed Caesar Flickerman's change, his evolution, into a Capitol citizen who would just go along with the Games...and even trip up the tributes that he didn't like-to actually developing sincere compassion for the tribute, Dixie. I love how his experience with Dixie really changed the way he looked at the Games and how he interacts with the tributes. I also like that you showed us-through dialogue, and by describing Dixie's games...how the change occurred in him. I never imagined Caesar sponsoring a tribute, and I wonder if he would be allowed to do that. I have to also say that your character Dixie Hayes was adorable. She was lovable because she truly was innocent. Her death was horrendous and a part of me wanted to know that Flare was offed by the District 2 tribute. Thank you for writing a great story! Very well-written and so emotional. I loved it!
Colourful chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
Okay, this is seriously intense, and absolutely perfect. I love your backstory on Dixie. That you gave her such an intricate story made her real enough to have been a character. This is now a totally accepted HG headcanon.