Reviews for You Can't Take The Sky From Me
CRB chapter 13 . 10/17/2014
Don't suppose there's any chance of you finishing this someday? Pretty please? I've had it bookmarked for years...
CRB chapter 13 . 6/6/2014
I do hope you get around to finishing this some day. It's one of my favorites.
CRB chapter 13 . 8/4/2013
Came back for another reread... hoping this story will still continue!
jjddma5 chapter 13 . 3/6/2013
Amazing! I love Firefly so much and I can picture this stroy happening so well. Please finish it I'd love to be able to finish it
Stephanie-BB-JISBON-CASKETT chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Please please pleaase finish the story:) its great that someone still writes firefly!
RionaEire chapter 13 . 1/30/2013
Cute chapter, I think everything will work out.
Bytemite chapter 12 . 10/17/2012
"River and I." Jayne corrected cockily. Everyone stared at him, before Eve shook her head slightly.

Heh. I liked the dinner scene, and the insights into Inara as a girl.

So that explains how the reavers seemed to keep finding them.
RionaEire chapter 12 . 10/17/2012
Its obvious from your story that Mal and Inara have been a couple for a while now when the story begins. So I don't think there's any doubt to anyone, except maybe Inara's mother, about Inara and Mal's connection and the nature of it. These chapters were well written in regard to phrasing, descriptions and dialogue, you are doing better at making Inara and her mom sound sophisticated etc. I don't feel good at all about leaving River alone for any length of time. Maybe if we're going next door for a few minutes, but not at length. If River is no longer touched (doing pretty well/stable) then you certainly can leave her alone, but I won't read your story because if River isn't touched in the wits its boring. Now, about the sultan, this is a most interesting development, I'd like to see more about that. And I'm a sucker for bearers (What butlers were called in India during the British Raj era), so if the sultan enters the story I'd consider it a kindness and treat if you give him a handsome bearer who travels with him for me to read about. :)))
Tante chapter 12 . 10/17/2012
Really enjoying this story! Noticed one thing this time. In this sentence..."but he was not familiar with this environment, so he wanted to keep her at arm's length as much as possible", I think you mean "within arm's reach" instead of "at arm's length". The 2nd phrase is more about pushing an unwanted someone away than keeping a beloved close.

Thanks for the regular updates. :)
Bytemite chapter 11 . 10/13/2012
Ooh backstory. I wonder if her father will come into play in this story

Ha! I'm definitely liking Eve here, saying what we're all thinking. And she got a confession out of the captain, no mean feat. I wonder if Mal will regress here a little though, feeling chastised that he has been so warm with Inara during her recovery, but remembering that Inara hasn't accepted his overtures and they technically aren't in a relationship.

I could almost see this well meaning intervention from Evelyn backfiring on Mal, who would feel the reminder that Inara is technically only his business partner to be a slap in the face now that Evelyn isn't being a protective mother and once he thinks about it.
Bytemite chapter 10 . 10/11/2012
Ha! It just occurred to me she just caught her daughter in kind of a compromising position there... I was too distracted by Eve Serra being awesome to notice at first.

Even so, I am reevaluating Mal's chance to make a good impression upwards.
RionaEire chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
That was really funny at the end about Inara's mom and the Reavers. :)))))) I think Inara is going to be just fine and she won't have lingering troubles, she'll work through her trauma and be fine afterwords. I think this recurrance here will actually help her feel strong and brave, because they faced the scariest thing and came out okay, Mal protected her and it is okay.
I like go fish.
TheAmazingDave chapter 10 . 10/10/2012
Eve Serra sounds so badass!
RionaEire chapter 9 . 9/27/2012
I like the flashbacks of young Inara. Remember that " A completely coherant River means writers don't deliver". KatTaya.
Inara will be okay in the end.
Bytemite chapter 9 . 9/25/2012
Hmm. I wonder what Inara's mother will make of this bunch. Browncoats and spacers may not be likely to be well understood on a world like Sihnon.