Reviews for 夢ばかりじゃない少女 Not Just a Dream Girl
MsAngelAdorer chapter 3 . 1/26
Like you, I find alternative takes on the Ranma/Akane relationship, especially of the queer variety, fascinating, and this is probably my favorite example with a lesbian Akane and implied trans Ranma. Plus, it's just an interesting story in its own right. The plot of melding the real and dream worlds is an inspired one.

I find the pacing to be pretty good since it was originally going to have only one or two parts. These versions of Ranma and Akane are really solid - their chemistry is wonderful, and their depth is well portrayed, along with, of course, their banter. Oddly enough, I find the real world Kuno more annoying than the dream one - at least the dream Kuno's fun to laugh at. Cologne serves her role well, though I find her still calling Ranma son-in-law kind of hilarious.

For this chapter specifically: Nice to see Hiroshi and Daisuke getting to join in on the fun. Ranma's story of what happened with the dress was heartbreakingly real. And that cliffhanger . . . I never like it when the best stories just stop at points like this, but I understand - life gets in the way and inspiration can erode with time, especially when other ideas come to you. So even if this doesn't get continued, I thank you for providing us with this lovely story.
Conna McCanna chapter 3 . 10/9/2015
please say there is more?
Cristina chapter 3 . 9/25/2015
Hey,
You can't leave us like this (sorry, my English is basic). I hope that you continue this story because I'm a little bit crazy thinking what's next.
The text is attractive, incites reading faster to find out more and sooner what follows. Congratulations, it's a great job: D
the-girl-of-pig-tailed chapter 3 . 3/19/2015
I need more, please, is so...freak and good
BiGDeal chapter 3 . 3/18/2015
Decided to plow my way through all of your stories, and have generally enjoyed them in spite of some of them being a bit "rough" at the start before you settled into the story.

If you get back to this story, I've marked it for follow-up.
SRanma chapter 3 . 6/11/2014
Glad to see you are back and that you continue this story.
So far, I like it a lot. I hope you will keep working on it, can't wait to read the next chapter.
Cheers
ByLanternLight chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
The plot seems a little rushed, but this /was/ supposed to be a one-shot. Ranma's issues are an intriguing change up, and I like what you've done with Akane. 4/5.
Compucles chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
It's so nice to see an update to this story. Despite its weirdness, I always thought it was very interesting.

It seems that you're hinting at Ranma being transgendered. I suppose at some point he'll manage to find some leftover Nyannichuan water to give himself the curse in real life. I wish there were more transgendered-Ranma x lesbian-Akane pairing stories out there. Come to think of it, I can't think of any others. All the Ranma x lesbian-Akane stories I've seen either have Ranma's curse locked or Ranma willing to be with Akane as a girl to make her happy (including one of my own stories). Maybe I should come up with one myself.
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
Excellent chapter two
Guest chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Wiow this story is awesome. you are a great writer you captuer the charcters well,like the actually exist.I cant wiat for next part if its as good as rest is going to be soooo sweet. Ilove how you have Akane come out of the closet to Ranma at the begining that really was cool. I was like" oh wow shes gay and told ranma.. fricken awesome." keep up great work
Richard Ryley chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Now you're reminding me of "In Dreams". :D

I already caught that the "Dream Girl" reference was to Ranma, not Akane. So I like the way this went. I did think Akane was taking this a bit too personally, but she IS having trouble coming to trust Ranma as a male, as she normally would. Plus, Ranma's reaction was really heartfelt.

I LOVE Akane's use of the Bakusai Tenketsu. I think I should drop you a PM, I don't want to give too much away, but I had much the same thoughts for my own story.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
This is really awesome!
tuatara chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Well. I must say that is quite far from anywhere I expected this story to go.

Hey, about Ranma's gender pronouns in the scene with the letter from Ukyo…was that an accidental glitch, or was it intentional?

I'm not sure how I feel about creating a rift between Ranma and Akane at this late date, though of course I can't judge for sure until I see how this wraps up. I realize it afforded the opportunity to have Ranma admit how much more natural the dream life felt…but I just worry that it's a somewhat artificial conflict. However, the emotions conveyed there are all quite raw and sincere, so I still dug the scene a lot overall.

Also, Akane being a lesbian and Ukyo being a boy are somehow the result of a disconnect between humanity and the heavens? Hmm.

I noticed more typos in this chapter, but not distractingly so by any means.

It was a fantastic chapter on the whole, with tons of highly entertaining moments. My favorite? "Oh, can I get my AV tapes back when we get to your place, Tendo?" Hilarious. I know some of my comments this time could be considered criticism, but they aren't really meant to be. Reading this story has been a true pleasure so far. Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the conclusion!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Cool of course.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I started skimming a lot when I read the part with akane saying she was gay. Nothing against the concept,even read some yaoi and yuri manga plus watch anime, but I've been into Ranma 1/2 about 7 years, have always loved the cannon couple ranma and akane , but still get uneasy with messing with this series in that way. I never been fond of fanfics with akane liking girls as well a total dislikes of ranma-chan fanfics/ or ranma or akane with some fannon pairing
The only reason I kept reading is because I understand the effort a writer puts into his or her work so I decided to give it a chance rather than just blow it off. I'm still somewhat uneasy about it, but I wait till its done before coming to a final conclusion