Reviews for 夢ばかりじゃない少女 Not Just a Dream Girl
the-girl-of-pig-tailed chapter 3 . 3/19
I need more, please, is so...freak and good
BiGDeal chapter 3 . 3/18
Decided to plow my way through all of your stories, and have generally enjoyed them in spite of some of them being a bit "rough" at the start before you settled into the story.

If you get back to this story, I've marked it for follow-up.
SRanma chapter 3 . 6/11/2014
Glad to see you are back and that you continue this story.
So far, I like it a lot. I hope you will keep working on it, can't wait to read the next chapter.
Cheers
ByLanternLight chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
The plot seems a little rushed, but this /was/ supposed to be a one-shot. Ranma's issues are an intriguing change up, and I like what you've done with Akane. 4/5.
Compucles chapter 3 . 6/9/2014
It's so nice to see an update to this story. Despite its weirdness, I always thought it was very interesting.

It seems that you're hinting at Ranma being transgendered. I suppose at some point he'll manage to find some leftover Nyannichuan water to give himself the curse in real life. I wish there were more transgendered-Ranma x lesbian-Akane pairing stories out there. Come to think of it, I can't think of any others. All the Ranma x lesbian-Akane stories I've seen either have Ranma's curse locked or Ranma willing to be with Akane as a girl to make her happy (including one of my own stories). Maybe I should come up with one myself.
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
Excellent chapter two
Guest chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Wiow this story is awesome. you are a great writer you captuer the charcters well,like the actually exist.I cant wiat for next part if its as good as rest is going to be soooo sweet. Ilove how you have Akane come out of the closet to Ranma at the begining that really was cool. I was like" oh wow shes gay and told ranma.. fricken awesome." keep up great work
Richard Ryley chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Now you're reminding me of "In Dreams". :D

I already caught that the "Dream Girl" reference was to Ranma, not Akane. So I like the way this went. I did think Akane was taking this a bit too personally, but she IS having trouble coming to trust Ranma as a male, as she normally would. Plus, Ranma's reaction was really heartfelt.

I LOVE Akane's use of the Bakusai Tenketsu. I think I should drop you a PM, I don't want to give too much away, but I had much the same thoughts for my own story.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
This is really awesome!
tuatara chapter 2 . 7/26/2012
Well. I must say that is quite far from anywhere I expected this story to go.

Hey, about Ranma's gender pronouns in the scene with the letter from Ukyo…was that an accidental glitch, or was it intentional?

I'm not sure how I feel about creating a rift between Ranma and Akane at this late date, though of course I can't judge for sure until I see how this wraps up. I realize it afforded the opportunity to have Ranma admit how much more natural the dream life felt…but I just worry that it's a somewhat artificial conflict. However, the emotions conveyed there are all quite raw and sincere, so I still dug the scene a lot overall.

Also, Akane being a lesbian and Ukyo being a boy are somehow the result of a disconnect between humanity and the heavens? Hmm.

I noticed more typos in this chapter, but not distractingly so by any means.

It was a fantastic chapter on the whole, with tons of highly entertaining moments. My favorite? "Oh, can I get my AV tapes back when we get to your place, Tendo?" Hilarious. I know some of my comments this time could be considered criticism, but they aren't really meant to be. Reading this story has been a true pleasure so far. Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see the conclusion!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Cool of course.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I started skimming a lot when I read the part with akane saying she was gay. Nothing against the concept,even read some yaoi and yuri manga plus watch anime, but I've been into Ranma 1/2 about 7 years, have always loved the cannon couple ranma and akane , but still get uneasy with messing with this series in that way. I never been fond of fanfics with akane liking girls as well a total dislikes of ranma-chan fanfics/ or ranma or akane with some fannon pairing
The only reason I kept reading is because I understand the effort a writer puts into his or her work so I decided to give it a chance rather than just blow it off. I'm still somewhat uneasy about it, but I wait till its done before coming to a final conclusion
Richard Ryley chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This is fascinating. Both in the parallels to the original story, and the subtle differences, even in the dream world. I particularly liked Ranma training Akane (THAT is how you do it, people :D) and the way you clearly applied the Anything Goes concept to real world martial arts and actual styles. And the pigtailed Yuka was pretty cute too. (Can't decide if you were combining Yuka and Sayuri, or just have Yuka put her wavy hair up in a different style)
tuatara chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Oh, man. I am most intrigued. I really want to see how this will all come together. I have a few different ideas of where this is headed, but none that stand out as especially probable. So I shall simply have to wait and see, of course. But I do hope you share the conclusion with us relatively soon!

Thank you for posting this. It's fascinating stuff. And I'm so pleased to see a lesbian Akane who's treated seriously and not as either as an excuse for yuri scenes with Ranma-chan or to dismiss her as some sort of man-hating pervert. That's a rare thing. (Not that I'm at all surprised, given the high quality of your work in general!)
chesnutsy chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
hmm. i dont know what to make of it. i finished it tho, so im quite intrigued on what you got planned. i gotta be honest.. i really hope they get together. hahaha. but the sexual preference thing, i dont think that can be changed in a blink of an eye. but i dont know.. haha.
well, ill be looking forward to your next installment. :)