Reviews for Without You
Mialiah chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Must be good since it made me a bit teary-eye'd. Even if there does seem to be a bit of vagueness, as some people have said - for a one-shot, it's very well done.
zigra chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Oh, how I would wish Varric to continue his narrative - talking about oher members of their circle ) thanks for story
mille libri chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
The first part, with Aveline, is really awesome - Varric and Aveline are in perfect voice, and the whole section feels right.

I actually quite like the end of the second section, when he starts getting angry and decides to tell the story he tells. The middle, to me, is the most problematic bit, and I think part of that comes just from the intrinsic difficulty in exploring Varric's emotions believably ... but I felt that there was a gap in emotion, as well. To me, it felt like you were writing from a specific headcanon, that of Hawke and Varric together, but were trying to downplay it to make the story more generally relatable, and I really felt the absence of any specific relationship between the two characters. I'd have liked to see that middle section more grounded in the story of this Varric and this Hawke and how he feels about her.

Otherwise I think the whole thing works very well.
RPGgirl514 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This was such a great little story! I LOVE Hawke/Varric. I never thought about it before, but I really like how in order to comfort her Varric would tell a story. Well done!
Morninglight chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Nice little story; I always do like Hawke/Varric...
AD Lewis chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Bittersweet, but I liked it. :)
CmdrHawke667 chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
This ingame bugged me, if Hawke wasnt in a romance after her mothers death why does Aveline of all people try to use comfort? why not Varric or the person with the highest friendamship rating?
Kate chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I'm glad to see you coming back to this pairing - you do it so well! I think what I'd suggest would be maybe a little more detail to place where Hawke and Varric are in their relationship, to give a little more context for his reluctance to see her, what he's overcoming to talk, and so on. And in the second half, perhaps a little more direct viewing of Hawke's actions instead of Varric's thoughts about her.