Reviews for Detrimental
Darkhellia chapter 1 . 8/17
Why the hell isn't there more to this? This is awesome so far, please if you can make more to this story. I'd like to see further development between Harry and Severus.
lilyflower101 chapter 1 . 8/9
I also have asthma. Not fun. Will you please write more!
Schattenjagd chapter 1 . 10/20/2015
that was nice, mate. Quite enjoyed it
Hopeful Puppy chapter 1 . 7/25/2015
Poor Harry! I thought that his attack sounded a bit extreme. I have asthma as well and from reading this and your comments below, I'm reminded that I am very lucky. I've had it all my life and while I was hospitalised when I was an infant, I nearly knew how to deal with an attack by the time I was 7. I actually find it kind of funny because my friends try not to freak out but the most they can do is keep me company. They're good for the gallows humour by now. In Ireland, inhalers have to be self administered above a certain age obviously.

Enough about the memories you've brought on, though I do appreciate the way I can relate to this. I like the build in the relationship between Harry and Snape. I also really like the support from Ron, you can guess why. And while I'm personally uncertain about Sirius's hatred over care stance, it does add to your story. A relatable piece full of little gems. Well done!
Netchka chapter 1 . 6/1/2015
Interesting story and good info to have.
Nyxa Aren chapter 1 . 5/9/2015
your description of asthma was really good. i have reactive airways disease, which is a lot like asthma except it tend to affect the upper resp. syst. with my inhaler, i was taught 2 puffs, wait 2 min, then 2 more puffs. i loved the story.
SakuraKoi chapter 1 . 2/2/2015
Oh no Harry
ShadowFireHime-Sama chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
trust me i know asthma i have it myself, it is very very frightening when an attack happens to you, first it feels like the world is closing in on you then if you try to breathe or ask for help you'd either pass out or even throw up then you have the headaches from not getting enough oxygen to your lungs then if you had a really bad one you'd pass out and end up in a hospital, my worse one was when i felt like i was going to pass out but i managed to all 911 and they sent an ambulance to my house and they took me to the ER one there i was put on o2 and told to talk to my dr.
animal lover13 chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
I love what you have written so far. It would be great of you could extend this into either a short story or a longer length story.

Keep writing
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Good story-though in Britain, Harry would probably have a National Health number from living with the Dursleys, and the hospital would definitely want that, because they would need to get paid.

I hope Spinners End isn't too dusty...but Grimmauld Place would definitely be right out.

Also, I've heard that hot coffee helps reduce the size of the lining in the bronchial tubes and is helpful emergency fix till you can see real medical help (it sure helped when I had bronchitis).
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
I was wrong. LOVE ONE LINE ENDINGS!
Celeste Belle chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
An interesting story.
ballet fairy chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
Very accurate. I like the author note since everyone who has asthma has a different trigger for attacks and a different treatment plan.
cztelnik chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
I enjoy your stories, hope you continue the Year of the Snake ")
Dreams do Matter chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
This is really well written, and pretty accurate. My little brother and I both have asthma, though mine is more exercise induced than his. My brother had to be hospitalized twice and given a nebulizer because he had really bad attacks and for both of us the cold can exacerbate symptoms. I've never heard of allergies triggering an attack though