Reviews for Balancing Hindsight or Foresight
mmacdonald22 chapter 13 . 9/22
Please update as soon as you can!
Update please
tricorvus chapter 13 . 1/15
Loved it
Rock on
tricorvus chapter 9 . 1/15
For shame Hermione! But I can see it happening
Rock on
KrisB-71854 chapter 13 . 1/8
I hate coming across fics like this. You did really well with it, but I know you'll not finish it up. Sighs. It was a great read. I was expecting more of an evil AD. At most, this one seemed a tad misguided/senile.

There were tons of little things that I enjoyed about this. One bit that I was annoyed with was that Harry's age. He didn't seem old or trying to be young. He came off rather young easily. He could be himself around the goblins and his unsorted without too many issues.

He managed to befriend Neville and Draco and drag most of the first years into his unsorted house. I love the little things surrounding that. I know that some of it you seemed to want to blame on AD. It would have been more interesting if even he was unaware of most of these things. They predated AD by a good deal.

You needed to bring up getting rid of Binns. I know its been done, but it's a minor bit that would have easily fit in with all your other changes. On that note, you never really did explain any long term changes due to the New Daily Prophet's truth stuff. It was more of a basic background thing. I'd hoped to see that a tad bit more or the follow on effects of it.

I liked the various businesses that he started. He had 4 at the end there and had made an impressive amount there.

I like what you did with Rose with her clothing and just lots of little things with her. If you ever think of re-using that sort of thing, I'd suggest Neville's Uncle and Draco's dad both quietly pulling Harry aside and asking/begging for the secret on how to get house elves into proper uniforms/clothing.

I'm disappointed that you didn't give us long term developments of the unsorted house dorm. Just minor slice of life things either the castle thought that they needed or that first week Harry going a tad wild adding/requesting from the castle what he figures that they need. Nothing major just lots of little things that add into something impressive and homey.

I liked what you did with adult Grangers and Harry giving them and the others advise on what they need and don't need. Your Hermione's actions were totally unexpected. I could have seen her being upset, but enough to try to cheat like that? No, that was really new/different. Actually it was impressive that she was able to pull off all the spell work required for it.

You went a bit more into her punishment than I'd care for. I'd have liked to hear more POVs on Hermione especially, Neville, Draco, and Susan. I'd have loved for them not to try to get her back, but to just vastly out do her and do it with style.

I'm not sure where Hermione was coming from. Harry or any half blood bookworm should have been able to make those same reading recommendations to her parents. That he was there and able to shouldn't have been a big deal. So what he knew the layout of the shop and what was actually proper reading for her grade level. He didn't realy show off in class and all that. He well at his essays, but he could have done so much better.

He is 300, and he was going against 11 year olds. Of course, he was going to out do them with just better study habits and getting home work done and all that. You didn't really need the RAB home work for him. That was one of those little bits that I'd have liked him to need to relearn stuff. Sure, he might know tons of adult things, but do you recall what you learned at 11 or any of the various home work? Not so much. The practicals should have been trivial, but the paperwork would have still been annoying.

I don't mind him having different friends and all that. I'd have sort of wanted a bit more thoughts on both Ron and Hermione though. He had tons of memories of them being his best friends and all that. O.k. maybe they betrayed him early or something. We needed to know why he just didn't care about them.

O.k. Ron acted like prat/git, that's just Ron. If anything, I'd have loved to see Ron confused about not being able to dislike various folks about been General Dorm students. thinking about it, that was one minor bit that you missed out showing. The first years being much closer together as well as likely having friends on various houses.

Adult Harry was getting on a tad too easily with the kids. That's fine. I'd have just liked to hear him think back and shudder at seeing his old friends in the new light. He didn't do anything to change them. If anything he is seeing them with adult eyes.

The most difficult thing would have been for him to get the diary. I was mixed on the voodoo doll bit. I'd have rather him figure out how to imprison the wraith in something that can't possess anyone. Presto everything else is just clean up.

I'm sort of disappointed that Harry didn't release some books under a pen name. If he still felt the need for a better DADA book, he should have put one out before school started. It would have been interesting to see him release an entire set of books that became best sellers.

I like what you did with the animal speaking potion, but you needed Harry to find it and release that one. I could see them all liking/disliking the results. Sure, they could chat with their owls now, but well they could lesson to the owl gossip among the other news. The Hogwarts rumor mill could have been scarily more accurate.

Two minor bits that you could have used Rose for. The Troll bit and the 3rd floor warning of death. O.k. the warning of death, Harry should have asked Draco and Neville about it and have them send letters to their adults. I could see both being on the war path that something deadly was in the school with their children around. I liked how Harry handled the bit with the troll, but some where after that some sort of letter should have gone out to the board of governors about the scary troll at Halloween that was in the castle.

Oh, I like how you handled Tevor and the pair of snakes. You should have had Harry just buy the rat from Ron and pokeball him until needed. Depending on how attached Ron is, you could just say you are keeping him for emergency snake food.

You didn't really tell us just how much folks had given Harry over the years or in various estates and such.

I'd have liked to have seen more flying/broom classes. Well, not so much on the flying part as the how to make/mod brooms and all that. Heck the props for other flying sports/games would be interesting as well.
sarah.chuquet chapter 1 . 10/20/2018
Looking forward to the next chapter
Monster King chapter 13 . 9/30/2018
Great story
Nyumun chapter 13 . 9/13/2018
Wow! Me encantó! Avisame si alguien la adopta
Raven Evans-Black chapter 13 . 5/3/2018
Kinda fast paced and short very short i dont think i liked it as much as i thought i would
Guest chapter 8 . 3/11/2018
As spected another stupid and moronic writer. Hermione sent with the MoRon to gryphindorf. Well not much can be spec from gay stupidity.
Guest chapter 7 . 3/11/2018
This is getting more and more stupid. The no sorting has no sense but can be handle. The rest of the stupidity of not destroy the dumbass is not is just plain stupid. The way Hermione was address another stupidity, could it be you are another Harry gay moronic writer?
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 13 . 12/2/2017
Thankyou for writting your wonderful stories.
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 12 . 12/2/2017
Noooo! Only one more chapter. How did that happen? Love the making money from basilisk leftovers!
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 11 . 12/2/2017
Awww, nice kretcher!
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 9 . 12/1/2017
That is pretty amusing, Hermione going bonkers because someone corrected her book choices and did better than her I school.