Reviews for The Foundation of Darkness
rulebreaker21 chapter 6 . 6/1/2016
&
ThornsandBrambles chapter 10 . 3/12/2016
Hey just starting reading your fic and breezed through it in less than an hour bc it was so good. Wow I really don't like Hermione in this story and I want her to go down. That is why this story is so good bc you've managed to evoke such strong emotions.
I want Harry to crush her so bad, find out about her lack of wizarding blood and grind her uppity but into the dirt. After she has been humiliated and shunned from the entire school as a liar and manipulative b*tch, I want her to go crawling back to him and then they can work on building a true friendship after she learns some humility. She needs to know that Harry will not be used or manipulated. She needs to respect him as an equal, as more than an equal- a superior bc without him she will never be anything more than another smart Ravenclaw.
Once again great story and looking forward to reading more.
Nivellia Neil chapter 10 . 7/13/2015
Nice Story and I hope that you will update this again.
Please...
Beautiful-Tyrant77 chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
I completely agree with you it's probably why I don't read very many Harmony paired stories.
LightTriumphsOverDarkness chapter 10 . 11/24/2014
Nice Story and I hope that you will update this again. The back of my mind is thinking that you have clue on how to bring them back together. So please help me ease my mind about this matter. It is already in my mind about 7 months. Or you could just tell me that I am right or wrong.
xXRavenclawPrincessXx chapter 10 . 9/9/2014
Nice story... but I prefer it when Harry and Hermione are friends...
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 10 . 7/19/2014
Okay, I have never felt more conflicted reading a story, I feel equal parts enthralled with the story line and frustrated with the characterizations.

I love the idea of Hermione growing up as a fellow orphan and in equally terrible conditions as Harry and becoming understandably cold, and focused on survival.

My discontent stems from the non friendship between the two that and fact that Hermione is clearly the posterchild for Slytherin while Harry is, even with your tweaks to his character still not even close to being Slytherinish. My question is how she managed to go to Ravenclaw when she is more Slytherin than any of them.

You say he used hermione for her intelligence, well not really, it was more symbiotic than parasitic, a mutual exchange, and they seemed to enjoy each others company beyond using one another, hence why these last couple of chapters were difficult for me to read, with them at odds.

There needs to be something to break down the barriers they keep around themselves, to make them vulnerable and open up to each other, perhaps they can encounter the mirror of erised together, sboth eeing the deepest desires of their hearts manifested before their eyes may be the catalyst to actually form a friendship rather than the uneasy mutual association they currently have.

I realize its still early days yet, but its not easy reading such animosity betweens the two.

I love this story nonetheless.

Thanks so much for sharing, I eagerly await your next. favorited
Starfox5 chapter 10 . 7/18/2014
Hard to say how this can turn out, but I think it'll take a life-saving deed or similar actions to make them grow closer again.
Starfox5 chapter 9 . 7/18/2014
I think that attempt to blackmail Harry will backfire - she's damaging her relationship, possibly beyound repair, here.
Starfox5 chapter 8 . 7/18/2014
Good chapter again I am curious to see how the two will handle their respective secrets revealed.
Starfox5 chapter 7 . 7/18/2014
Good take on a smarter and more calculating Harry - closer to Riddle, and closer to what I think a kid with his upbringing would turn out. In canon I think any cunning and ambition Harry had was stomped out by Dumbledore and his cronies. He got no help at all against Malfoy and Snape, no help when the entire school, then the entire country thought he was evil, mad, or both, he got punished and tortured by Umbridge, and no one helped. He was sent back to abusive relatives each summer, in the later years with guards form the Order even, who watched him get abused, isolated, and maligned. All without doing a thing. Harry's self-esteem, whatever he had left, got systematically crushed.
Starfox5 chapter 6 . 7/18/2014
Good chapter. Close to canon, but with different motivations which still fit. Though I wonder if this Hermione will fall for Dumbledore's plans as easily as the canon one.
Starfox5 chapter 5 . 7/18/2014
Good take on the troll scene. That's a rather cold view by Hermione, at times, but some warmer emotions still shine through. She didn't do anything that Ron couldn't have done, so there's nothing overpowered here.
Starfox5 chapter 4 . 7/18/2014
Good insights into Hermione's mind - she's quite nasty already.
Starfox5 chapter 3 . 7/18/2014
Ravenclaw Hermione and Slytherin Harry. Dumbledore will have fits about the latter, though this has a lot of possibilities. Snape's reaction should be fun.