Reviews for Old Boy
Kendoka Girl chapter 2 . 6/17/2014
Yay, I'm back to reading and writing. You really capture the feel and essence of Skyrim and the chapter reads like a Nordic saga, intense and bigger than life. Irileth stands on her own as a significant character with spot on dialog. I also love how the Dragonborn is only known as Boy. Well done!
tapioca two-step chapter 2 . 1/4/2014
I really, really love how you wrote this battle scene. Boy's characterization was much better in this chapter than the first; probably because he had more things to say even though he only said what he needed to. You did an excellent job with portraying Irileth and Lhoki as well. I like their comraderie, especially when they think they're about to die.

Also how does Old Boy get his horse to stay away from the battle scene? Acajou's horse runs around like an idiot (much like she does) and gets itself killed. Always.

And isn't two years a bit of a long time between the attack on Helgen and the initial attack on the watchtower? You'd think that Alduin would've told his buddies to hurry up with the destruction of...stuff. :)

You have a couple of misspellings in here (Balgruf the Greather?) and Irileth's name isn't capitalized in the last big paragraph depicting Mirmulnir's fabulously gruesome death at the hands of your tight-lipped Dragonborn. :) Other than that, nothing to complain about, and I'm really looking forward to reading the last three chapters of Old Boy's legacy.

Thanks for writing, Thuggie!
SgtGinger chapter 2 . 1/1/2014
Well, well. You've certainly caught my attention with this one.
Zelda maniac 23 chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Nice one!
darksider45 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Very nice! Loved it!
Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
I am just coming back to reading and writing and I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed how your brought Hakon out from the legend. You really write the speech of the characters well and it fits the setting. Incorporating the shouts was excellent too!