Reviews for Anthem For The Underdog
My Misguided Fai chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Lol, I had the same thought about Ikkaku xDD I liked how you characterized the different minions, gave them names and personalities, it was something really unique and distinctive about this story. It was a very good read; I liked how you tried to tell the story behind the canon, so while it was familiar there was still plenty of ways you put your own spin on things. Good job on this and keep it up! :)

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Chicary chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This story works very well as a stand-alone and boy was it gripping! The setting you chose and the mood you created with your words was really something. And I love how you wove canonical details into this AU, it was fun picking them out. Great job!
OxEyed chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Haha after that Hunger Games crossover last round I wasn't sure I was ready for another fic with "all of the warnings", but I managed, though I'm a bit depressed now.

The AU setting and casting of Hirutani as mob boss covered up any lack of knowledge pretty well; nothing seemed too out of character or odd, so well done on that end. Jounouchi's fall from grace was done quite well, you followed his mindset well enough that the Jounouchi we see at the end was completely believable. Great job!
yllimilly chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I loved, loved, loved the grit in this, and the AU you created for them, tying in both sub and dub names. One little thing: the re-telling format (the verb tense you chose) of the story made it feel flatter than it should have been.

The link you created between Jounouchi's love for his sister, his innocence and hers, and the American girl worked really well. The squick factor was really strong in this, you have a knack for making the reader feel awful for the characters.