Reviews for The Quarian
Issuino Yumi chapter 3 . 4/5
Wow. I am fairly impressed with your writing.

It is descriptive.
It is expressive.
Your characterization of Tali'Zorah is wonderful. I love how you incorporate segments of her "stream of consciousness".
The dialogue is creative, meaningful.

I had not expected a Renegade romance when I began reading "The Quarian"; I had hoped for a Shepard that was not so casual...more committed…with her relationships. To be blunt, I find that sort of flippant behavior incredibly unattractive.

Still, I have hope that a less shallow relationship will develop between Tali and Shepard. I suppose I will have to read on and see won’t I?
dief25 chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
Hi! I've been reading your work and I love it. Your writing is so very good. Generally. I only have one gripe (and maybe a couple nit-picks, but those aren't that important), and that is how you write Ash. I assume you've probably run across a few Ashley fans by now, and are probably sick of the arguments. I get that in this case it could just be how Tali sees her. For my part, I don't think she's xenophobic or racist. I think she's as suspicious as a good soldier should be, and well informed of what her grandfather went through with the Turians. Just for fun, I'd like to challenge you to write an Ashley pov series, like the one you did with Kaiden, without turning to the usual abrasive, racist, closed minded, backwards Christian cliche that is so common with her . You've inspired me to try one myself, but I suspect you'd have a very different take on it than I would (and probably do a much better job of it, regardless). Again, I love your work (as well as you collaborations with TAM). Please keep it up!
Probably Lucky Athena chapter 6 . 8/29/2014
Nice chapter hope you plan on more of this it's really good :D
jeweledfroots chapter 6 . 6/27/2014
This is amazing the world needs more female shep with tali
TenDollarT chapter 6 . 4/12/2014
Zomg. All my 3's.
Wait.
Is this not...COMPLETED!?
Could there be more?!
!

Okay. Deep breath. Yeah.
Romantic. Amazingly romantic. Terrific character nuances. Very good use of Miranda.
The hesitation. The fumbling. The waiting. Fucking hell why isn't there a FemShep/Tali romance option in game?!

Anyway. MOAR! Like hell is this too long. It's sweet and terrific and engaging and Tali's dialogue is note-perfect. I love Shep's gradual evolution into the sweet agony of giving a damn. I like that Tali's the catalyst and that it works so well. I like how there's a kind of true intimacy between them that for once truly banishes the uncertainty and fear of the clearly terrifying future.
Many try for that feeling, few indeed succeed.
Miranda's good here, too. She's easy to write shallow, but the flaws in her diamond exterior show. Yet where there are cracks there is let in sunlight and fresh air and fuel for change.
I'd love to see a reconciliation between her and Shepard, maybe a chance for Miranda to finally spit her frustration and loneliness out. (Huh. I wonder if Shep did her loyalty mission.)
And maybe rebound self-pity Jack sex disguised as a spite-fuck?
With horribly awkward post-coital clinginess?
Maybe simians will aerially-cavort out of my rectum.
Ah well. ;-]
JosieRevisited chapter 6 . 8/14/2013
This is the kind of story you just never want to end. It was such an enthralling read; I literally could not put it down.

jw
Fauxrebel chapter 6 . 4/17/2013
Hot damn that was good
erinmar13 chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
*swallows hard* yeap
Orunmila chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Life can drag us away from writing, but I hope this fic gets completed. There are so few f!shep/tali fics out there, and this is truly the best one I've ever read. You have masterfully depicted Tali, and your interpretation of ReneShep is very entertaining. Great fic!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/6/2012
Damn... this... ah...

I am speechless. That is all.

No wait, one word maybe:

Wow.
NeverEverFaceTheDark chapter 6 . 11/1/2012
Man your Shepard is such a fucked-up asshole(sometimes). So different from what I'm used to. True renegade? But it makes total sense and i like it. It's incredibly interesting. And this was adorable and insightful despite that i disliked so many of Shepard's actions (mostly, the trail of broken hearts). Tali's characterisation is just, so good. As is Shepard's, but i said that already. I loved Kasumi's role in this. I wonder if the team on the Normandy is really so isolated that most members just don't have any notable contact. I missed that, a little. But it's entirely plausible.
Selonianth chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
TBH it'd probably be easier to set up a clean room than to go through the process of immuno-boosters and finding a way to cancel out the fluid swap problem.

*idea stirs in my head* hnn...
snippetcentric chapter 6 . 9/21/2012
I read all of these in one sitting and re-read it again. Ah, their ages might be close but this is the best agegap!romance I've read EVER. I should take pointers from you!

Now I shall set up camp with a MOAR picket sign.
Guest chapter 6 . 8/31/2012
I love your Tali! It's really awesome to see her grow through the story, I always thought Tali would be attracted to Shepard no matter the gender and it's my OTP! More, please!
Cloud Auditore Fair chapter 6 . 8/22/2012
I've read this all today and I must say I utterly love it and your style. Not many can write well in present tense, but yours doesn't sound forced at all. And I love your Femshep. Your Tali. The development of the story. Just everything.
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »