Reviews for Life By Degrees
Okay this was a great read but seriously dude, the ending was highly underwhelming & dis-satisfactory too. I'm sorry to say this but that's my honest opinion.

What about the future? Its clear that neither Aang nor Azula fell for each other even a tiny bit. Sure they became friends but not even close to being is Aang gonna be unmarried his whole life just being Avatar, resolving conflicts & taking care of Sonam...& he can't even have her with him cuz 'Azula won't agree to be in Air temple' as you said.

I seriously think you need to write a sequel to this fic just to conclude what you started cuz as of now, this fic is in no way even close to completion. That sequel needs to focus on romantic developments b/w Aang & Azula eventually ending with marriage.

Please, I urge you to write that sequel!
tacaloking chapter 1 . 12/4/2015
i would like to point out how you said azula knew nothing about fight with her hands is wrong azula holds the gang of pretty well in the episode were all the fire benders lost there bending she would of had to be pretty skilled in hand to hand fighting to fight the gang the way she did
Ivar Hugo chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I just thought of another thing to comment. The line "Before [...] Azula knew nothing of struggle. Everything had always come easy to her, and if it didn't come easy, Ozai found a way to dismiss it. She didn't need music lessons, [...] stealth or weapons or hand to hand combat. Those did not come easy, and Ozai made them cease to exists."

Aside from music-hearing Azula's laugh, I wouldn't be surprised if she were tone-deaf-what bugs me is that much of the above is flatly contradicted in Azula's very first real appearance, in the first episode of the second season, and the rest is disproven elsewhere in the series. In the "Avatar State", Azula struggles to perfect her lightningbending technique ("Almost is not good enough!"), and during most her fight with Zuko on the ship, she fights him hand-to-hand (and pretty much beats him). Later in the series, she showcases her martial arts abilities by disarming Suki without resort to bending, and she demonstrates her stealth by sneaking around in Ba Sing Se and avoiding the Dai Li. Furthermore, during the eclipse, she is prepared to attack Sokka with a knife (shuriken?), indicating she's confident enough to use weapons in combat.

So, I don't know how to square the quoted line with the evidence in the series.
Ivar Hugo chapter 3 . 1/25/2015
Quick review: I loved the exchange where Azula threatened to melt down Zuko's dao, and then complained about being fat. Hilarious.

I like this story thus far, I just hope Azula stops associating her bending with the bad things in her life. Maybe it was that which attracted (*shudder*) Ozai to her in the first place, but it would be just too sad to give up something she was so extraordinary at. It would be another victory for Ozai, I think.
Iole17 chapter 21 . 5/4/2014
Wow, I started reading this story because I liked your Zutara stuff. I am surprised at how much I like the pairing. Or maybe it is just the way to write it. Either way I hope that you continue with this story. It looks like it has been a while but it is worth continuing in my opinion.
accentric.punctuation chapter 21 . 8/2/2013
It's been a long time since i read this (i kind of temporarily stopped reading this because i was busy for a while with college, etc).
i think this is an appropriate conclusion to this story. Kind of open ended but not really, and it fits with Azula and Aang's storyline in this universe (i mean i think if you were to truly 'finish' this story it would take like hundreds of chapter to do so and it would drag unnecessarily).
YES, this is what they should have done with Aang's character development. acceptance over things that are beyond your control because sometimes life doesn't necessarily go the way you want them to, and that is a necessary experience to have for Aang as the avatar, the mediator/peacemaker of the world.
All in all, i love what you've done with the characters in your universe, which in my opinion is a much more satisfying conclusion than the canon version (though of course i am biased because of my zutaraness).

will you still write more stories in this universe?
FurryFerret chapter 21 . 4/14/2013
Best story ever ! :D Please keep on writing!
raccoonbird chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Can't wait for the next chapter ! I love this story ! :D
Ares-sama chapter 21 . 4/8/2013
contianuaaaaaaa otros capitulos mas esto esta super
Gundleer chapter 21 . 3/29/2013
So this is possibly the end. Quite a low key story, but very good for it. I'm not sure what to think about Azula's future role, basically she has settled down as a mother, given up all that she was and has finally accepted her family. Probably a good end for her mental health, yet to me Azula has never seemed a passive character that could sit and do nothing with herself (although after reading "The search part 1" I'm not even sure she will survive part 3!). Aang realising that he has to be the Avatar, and that he could not selfishly drag Azula and Sonam around after him makes sense and does show him growing towards a responsible adult. I was sort of expecting a love story, but what you have created is a family unit held together by Sonam, and although both love their daughter and both Aang and Azula seem fond of each other, if Sonam was not involved they would probably not be together. Hopefully you will write an epilogue; even a hint that they eventually grow together and real love blossoms would be nice (Hey a man can hope, can't he?). Great chapter as usual.
HelberryInx chapter 21 . 3/26/2013
I really like how much you have done with your story and I was hooked into it that it was sad to know that it will end now.
This is one of the best stories I really loved.
Guest chapter 21 . 3/25/2013
Aw, I'm gonna miss this one. Your Azula was great and although I was hoping for a sappy lovey-dovey ending with them, I can settle with this. *runs of sobbing*
TwinkleStaar chapter 21 . 3/25/2013
Aw, this chapter was so good! I loved the conversation between Zuko and Azula and it was so cute when Aang met Sonam again!

I hope you're doing the epilogue but now I wanna say that this is one of the best Avatar fanfics I've ever read! Thank you so much for writing, I hope your going to continue writing because I would love to see more of your work!
DonnadelLago chapter 21 . 3/25/2013
The conversation between Azula and Zuko was PRICELESS! I like how they are much closer, but they also have a different dynamic and way to interact than Katara and Sokka. They will never be that kind of brother and sister, but they have such a great understanding of each other and great respect, that gives their relationship a tone that is unique to them,

It's sad to reach the end, but I hope you will revisit these characters from time to time. I mean, I accept some writers' AU head-canon, but in a way, because you never changed what happened on the show, I consider your universe AS canon!

Thank you for this experience! *Chapeau*
BlueLion chapter 21 . 3/25/2013
Your closing AN sound so final - I hope you're not planning to resign from fanfic writing altogether - I'd miss your stories!