Reviews for Just One of the Dudes
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I *love* T7S/80's movies crossovers (ok, I've only read 2... but they were both super delightful!) and this one would be great to run with, should you ever be so inspired. Eric and Jackie as siblings is great and Donna is fun in this too. And inevitably Jackie would run into Hyde and that's when all the fun would really start. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Really good first chapter and please continue. I love 80s movies and I remember watching this film last month. Putting Jackie as the lead in this story is genius I think. Most people would have written Donna as the lead since on the show she loved to write but seeing Jackie in this role will be fun so good Job!
MistyMountainHop chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
You've nailed the haughtiest of Jackie's haughty (and arrogantly egocentric) attitudes in the narrative. And she needs it, considering the sexism she's up against. The fighting-for-gender-equality Jackie of this story is like a Donna-Jackie hybrid, but it makes for an interesting combination.

Jackie as Eric's sister is a dynamic that totally works. During the show in Laurie's absence, he often
transfers his sibling hostility onto her.

I totally remember the movie this fic is based on. I'd definitely read on if you continued it. Jackie pretending to be a dude? Who could pass that up? Befriending Hyde... then flashing her chest at him at the party-climax that's in all '80s movies. That'd be a fun ride! :D

Comments on specific lines below:

She's the only girl up for the position, but her competitors are plebs who wouldn't know a footnote from a football. - LOL "Plebs" is definitely a word Jackie might use.

Girls of her caliber usually hang out by the stadium locker rooms in cheerleading uniforms. - Again,
this is worded in Jackie's voice.

"I just – I didn't think you were necessarily the right man for the job." he says, skirting the issue.

"Well of course I'm not the right man for the job, sir. I have breasts," - Nice exchange.

The door opens a fraction and a beige handkerchief waves inside. "I'm waving an off-white flag," Eric
declares, surrendering. "Can I come in?"

Jackie screws up her face. "Is that handkerchief clean?" she asks, almost afraid to know the answer. - LOLOL Ew but funny.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Please keep going! Don't listen to some of those rude reviews!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I really hope you continue this! I love where you're going with the story! You have such an amazing imagination for these characters!
wprincessannw chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
well I'm intrigued!
Chloe chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I love love love this so far, please continue!
rdmix chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Really like this story. I loved the movie. Looking forward to future updates.
AMiserableLove chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I'm very intrigued by this idea. This has lots of potential and like your others, I'm enjoying your writing style. I would really like to see where you take this! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
definitely not feeling this one as much as your others. it doesn't feel like the that 70s show characters because too much is changed. your a good writer so i'm sure it would be well written, but this just isn't interesting to me and i wish you'd pick a different story. just my two cents.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
The show is called that *70s* show why make a AU story like this of the characters in the 80s?
Cecrecy chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Hehe loved it! Cannot wait for more. I'm also reading your other 2 ff's, so here's hoping you'll triple update XD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I love it so far. Awesome chapter. I have never seen this movie. Will probably check it out. Please update soon.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Think it would be better if it was Donna instead cuz of the whole journalism thing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
A story with a similar idea of Jackie pretending to be a guy has already been done. Please do something more original.