Reviews for The Little Metal Boy
August Songs chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Oh, this made me cry. It feels like an original Grimm or HCA. I love artemis so much, and these descriptions are so accurate that I just want to… this made me feel so sad and melancholy and this feels like dark chocolate and it tastes like chocolate and lemon. And no I don't have synesthesia but I wish I did...
Matter Falls chapter 2 . 8/23/2013
It was beautiful—simply beautiful, mademoiselle.

Dame, if you're somewhere out there; I would like to give you my largest of thanks—deep down, down there—because you have reminded me of what my precious childhood had been.

Artemis. Holly. Butler. Foaly. Root. Mulch. (AngelineBeckettMylesSeniorFowlTroubleGrubLilyOpal —)

They were quite the lot, weren't they?

Don't worry, dame—rest well and let your beautiful mind create the next chapter to this sublime tale; take your time, do not rush—hush, dame. We will all be waiting for you.

Until next time then—this story deserves a thousand reviews. Here's mine. (:
Squideepoo chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
You will write a legend someday.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Wow! Very clever! As a child I lived on Hans Christian Anderson's and the Grimm's fairytales, so I definitely appreciate the fairytale style. This is nicely done; I've enjoyed your rendition of the AF series very much so far. I understand how difficult it must be to simplify this into fairy tale form. Thank you for taking the time to do so! And please, keep it up! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
i dont like enid blytons books, they are sexist and petty and poorly written and dated, but i really liked this.
AnimeAddict6 chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
This is a very touching goodbye to the series, and there is definitely a nostalgic feel to it. I love the symbolism you've incorporated!
scorchedtrees chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
This is really cute (: can't wait for the last chapter!
Sad Little Smile chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
The last few books got a bit tangled, didn't they? At least they straightened out, in the end. Or, rather, just looped around to connect as a circle, right? I thought Colfer ended it rather well.

As to the writing:

There were a couple of minor typos that I found, but nothing too crazy, just a couple wrong verb tenses.

Again, I enjoyed immensely how you portrayed the books, and especially enjoyed your rendition of The Lost Colony, the ending of it in particular. It's a rather poignant part of the entire saga, but you handled it very well.

I look forward to the next/final chapter, as soon as you get it out. 'Twill be a good ending of the series, as good as the actual one. I'm interested to see how you write the last book, as I find it was my favorite out of the last four.

Good Writing!

SLS
Sad Little Smile chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this, as I haven't a fiction for a long time. ) I've known the series for a good five years(not as long as some), and I've loved it fiercely, but I've been moving on from it for quite some time. It's bittersweet, you know? I learned a lot, but it had its time, and now it's time to lay it to rest.

Anyhow, back to the piece.

I love that you used metal. I'm tired of seeing Artemis only referred to as diamond, ice, so on so forth; metal is something new, and therefore fascinating. I also enjoy your takes on the first three books; it makes me want to read them again. Presenting it all as a fairy tale(but a regular one, in the more traditional way of telling) was refreshing, because it was different. I like the comparisons that you've made, the ways you've renamed the books.

Also, I love the steampunk-ish twist. The new with the old, when it's masterfully done, is a wonderful read.

Thanks for the story; I'll be sure to read on! )

SLS
Phantomgal12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
After all, knights wear a suit of metal, and so does our little metal boy.
Starmz chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Absolutely gorgeous, and I simply cannot wait for the final chapter.

Your writing style is very flowing, and there is even that touch of ethereal randomness that every good author should have. c;
saltandburnit chapter 2 . 8/7/2012
I can't even... This... THIS.
This is the most beautiful, heart-warming, touching Artemis Fowl fanfiction story I've ever read. You made me want to cry (though I didn't because I don't cry with stories, but STILL)! The way you portrayed everyone and the theme of a child's fairytale was an extra reminder that this story (and my childhood as you mentioned) is over. So please, finish the story with the last two books so I can take it to anyone who's ever read Artemis Fowl and read it to them to make them feel like a child again. Thank you so much for this!
Scintazzle chapter 2 . 8/6/2012
Again, a job well done. The only thing I caught was that "Fair Folk" wasn't capitalized all the time, which was strange as it was before. I don't know if this was on purpose or not-if so, ignore this statement.
I'm looking forward to your rendition of the last 2 books. :)
Fantastic job. More so, I applaud you on being able to strip the books down and simplify them, keeping the key elements within each story. That's a difficult task to take on, but you accomplish it with flying colors.
-Ms. S
Scintazzle chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
Why can I not explain, or fathom, how lovely this piece of work is? The parallels you draw are uncanny, and the creativeness of this piece, in it's organization, characters, and everything is a breath of fresh air.
This "fairy tale" setting and era is so unlike Colfer's writing, but it's so pleasant to read. Sometimes imitation of an author's style is not the best solution, and you pull it off and showcase this idea with grace and simplicity. The metaphors are astounding: if a child would read this, perhaps they wouldn't get all of them, but the way you have drawn them out and thought about them makes it all the better.
Congratulations on a piece well written.
-Ms. S
vermismortifer chapter 2 . 8/4/2012
Oh my goodness... You really made my heart ache in the first chapter. I've never seen the Artemis Fowl series retold as an actual fairytale and it is stupendous. In this retelling it reminds me of Pinocchio but told by Hans Christian Andersen. I always had to think of "The Happy Prince" when you mentioned the little metal boy. I don't know why, but I felt the same sadness, as when I read this fairytale. I thought it was wonderful, how you crafted the elements into this story: the fire fairy, the earth, the woman made of glass. I can't explain, why those images are so strong, but they touch me deeply and make me sad. Also it was beautiful how you worked the little listener in. The reader can't help but wonder, who he/she is. The second chapter is beautiful also, but it was somehow weaker. perhaps because it was more a retelling, than a forging of a new story based on the books. I have to say, that I find the books after book three weaker and more strained. But it was amazing nonetheless. Especially the passage: "The metal boy had to fight harder than ever before, for himself and for his glass mother but he found himself trapped and injured and on the verge of death. Don't look so scared, little one, this was a normal Tuesday for him." absolutely hilarious, because it sums the whole series up in a few sentences. :D I'm looking forward to the last chapter, make us sad again!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »