Reviews for The Little Metal Boy
hello chapter 2 . 2/20
You really are a fantastic writer. The last time I read this was in 2012 when it came out, and now its 2015 and I still think it's as great as I thought it was last time. Please, please, please, update! I miss your writing, and this is missing its last chapter, and I'd love to see how you've written your take on the last two books. Your writing has become a comfort to me, thank you! Your Sue Slayer fics especially. If you ever feel like writing another one, do it please! You haven't been active(writing) for years and I'd like to say that I hope you're doing well! I send you all my best wishes, thanks for making me smile!
mangosupremacy chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
Thanks for writing this fic. You made the books into a fairy tale that still follows the actual series. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 11/17/2014
Dude, I know it's been over 2 years since this was updated, but I found this to be a beautiful story, it would mean a lot to the Artemis Fowl Fandom if you would please, pretty, pretty please, do another chapter with your version of the last 2 books. This seems well written, none of the characters appear to be OOC, even though there isn't much chance in this sort of fanfiction.
Fantasy Boudicca chapter 2 . 8/29/2014
I never thought the series could actually be turned into a fairytale-style story...
August Songs chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Oh, this made me cry. It feels like an original Grimm or HCA. I love artemis so much, and these descriptions are so accurate that I just want to… this made me feel so sad and melancholy and this feels like dark chocolate and it tastes like chocolate and lemon. And no I don't have synesthesia but I wish I did...
pristeen chapter 2 . 8/23/2013
It was beautiful—simply beautiful, mademoiselle.

Dame, if you're somewhere out there; I would like to give you my largest of thanks—deep down, down there—because you have reminded me of what my precious childhood had been.

Artemis. Holly. Butler. Foaly. Root. Mulch. (AngelineBeckettMylesSeniorFowlTroubleGrubLilyOpal —)

They were quite the lot, weren't they?

Don't worry, dame—rest well and let your beautiful mind create the next chapter to this sublime tale; take your time, do not rush—hush, dame. We will all be waiting for you.

Until next time then—this story deserves a thousand reviews. Here's mine. (:
Squideepoo chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
You will write a legend someday.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/4/2013
Wow! Very clever! As a child I lived on Hans Christian Anderson's and the Grimm's fairytales, so I definitely appreciate the fairytale style. This is nicely done; I've enjoyed your rendition of the AF series very much so far. I understand how difficult it must be to simplify this into fairy tale form. Thank you for taking the time to do so! And please, keep it up! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
i dont like enid blytons books, they are sexist and petty and poorly written and dated, but i really liked this.
AnimeAddict6 chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
This is a very touching goodbye to the series, and there is definitely a nostalgic feel to it. I love the symbolism you've incorporated!
scorchedtrees chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
This is really cute (: can't wait for the last chapter!
Sad Little Smile chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
The last few books got a bit tangled, didn't they? At least they straightened out, in the end. Or, rather, just looped around to connect as a circle, right? I thought Colfer ended it rather well.

As to the writing:

There were a couple of minor typos that I found, but nothing too crazy, just a couple wrong verb tenses.

Again, I enjoyed immensely how you portrayed the books, and especially enjoyed your rendition of The Lost Colony, the ending of it in particular. It's a rather poignant part of the entire saga, but you handled it very well.

I look forward to the next/final chapter, as soon as you get it out. 'Twill be a good ending of the series, as good as the actual one. I'm interested to see how you write the last book, as I find it was my favorite out of the last four.

Good Writing!

SLS
Sad Little Smile chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this, as I haven't a fiction for a long time. ) I've known the series for a good five years(not as long as some), and I've loved it fiercely, but I've been moving on from it for quite some time. It's bittersweet, you know? I learned a lot, but it had its time, and now it's time to lay it to rest.

Anyhow, back to the piece.

I love that you used metal. I'm tired of seeing Artemis only referred to as diamond, ice, so on so forth; metal is something new, and therefore fascinating. I also enjoy your takes on the first three books; it makes me want to read them again. Presenting it all as a fairy tale(but a regular one, in the more traditional way of telling) was refreshing, because it was different. I like the comparisons that you've made, the ways you've renamed the books.

Also, I love the steampunk-ish twist. The new with the old, when it's masterfully done, is a wonderful read.

Thanks for the story; I'll be sure to read on! )

SLS
Phantomgal12 chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
After all, knights wear a suit of metal, and so does our little metal boy.
Starmz chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Absolutely gorgeous, and I simply cannot wait for the final chapter.

Your writing style is very flowing, and there is even that touch of ethereal randomness that every good author should have. c;
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »