Reviews for Brimstone
Late to the Party chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Good story. I liked the attention to detail, and Joseph's views on heroes - and the irony that he himself is the collateral to forge the 'heroes' of Nashkel. Well done! ).
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This fic was great. I love the use you made of the minor miner characters here. You did a wonderful job at setting up the tense, hot atmosphere underground with the fear of the things that are eating the miners. I liked the references to dogs and how right they turned out to be, and I liked how scary you made the description of the rising skeletons. We take undead way for granted in the game, so it was cool to see someone having a natural reaction to the walking dead dressed in their old comrades' clothes. I also liked the details about everyday life, from Joseph's wedding ring to the activities at the Carnival and the beautifully written description of Branwen. And the girl who wants to be an adventurer (& will probably get messily killed like most of the NPCs on the way of the Bhaalspawn!) Excellently written ending-excellently written whole thing.

Are you going to crosspost this onto the Gamejag quiz boards, and/or would it be okay for me to rec this there?
laudanum86 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I really enjoyed your story - it's ever so great to see the pieces that doesn't exactly involve the Bhaalspawn et consortes, but these minor, overlooked characters. I liked the eerie atmosphere and tension, and your descriptions - they are brief, but yet, they tell a lot. And I've always felt bad about not being able to help Joseph and his wife, too... Good job! :)