Reviews for Rack and Ruin
moonshadow2012 chapter 14 . 10h ago
This is a masterpiece. The storyline, the feels, and the beginnings and endings were all carved out and absolutely flowed. No loose ends. No unsatisfactory results. It was all a work of art.
AnickaMarie chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
A great ride indeed! You two did a wonderful job breaking Billy and taking him all the way to rock bottom then slowly fixing what was broken to bring he and the team back together in a believable, satisfying conclusion at the end. Reading this fic also prompted a re-watch of the show which illustrated just how good of a job you did capturing each character.
sockie1000 chapter 14 . 9/18/2012
such a perfect ending for this story- hopeful for the future while not forgetting the past. I loved it.

I loved that the guys left the future up to Billy and whatever he wants.

and I just loved this:
Sometimes Michael still caught him looking off into nothing, a vacant look on his face, before he got himself back together and focused on the present.

Which was all any of them could do.

Billy might have been the one kidnapped, but they all were changed.

and lol, I know I've said "love" about a million times over the course of reviewing this story, but I hope you do know love is probably not strong enough of a word.

which is why I am sitting here, (finally) writing reviews months after I first finished this story. Because this story is one of the rare ones that get under your skin and doesn't let you go. It makes you laugh and cry and dispair and hope. And, most importantly, it's one that makes you see and *feel* the power of fic . And, in turn, you can't help but resolve to become a better writer.

So thank you, ladies, for that. It's been a honor.
sockie1000 chapter 13 . 9/18/2012
I absolutely love the symmetry in going back to the beginning. and billy holding on just until the guys got there- happy sigh.

and Casey's "We can kill him now." I don't think I've ever loved Casey as much as I do now. well, other than that copper tubing stunt, but that was another story. :)

and Billy confessing he put Illyich in the trunk... so great.

and this: Not quite like old times, but maybe like new times they could finally all live with.

what a great summary of where they are now and how far they've come. I know thsi story is winding down, but I think you know how much I've loved every second of it. :)
penless chapter 14 . 9/17/2012
So there is this warm glowing mass in my chest after reading this amazing, wonderful, truly incredible fic. You ladies have seriously warmed my heart with the hope and beauty in this epilogue. I don't think I can ever express how utterly appreciative I am that the two of you got together to write this.

And as corny as this may sound, you can actually feel the love you've put into this. This is a fic you've planned, plotted, and nurtured into life. And it IS alive. There isn't one single line in here that isn't full to the brim with feeling and emotion. I've said it before and I am saying it again - this fic is special. It's like nothing I've read before and am unlikely to come across again.

I am going to read this fic again and again. So thank you again, so much. The journey was better than amazing.
SGFlutegirl chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
Although this was hard to read at times, I really liked it. So emotional and raw.
penless chapter 13 . 9/11/2012
Perfect ending to a perfect story. I don't know what I can possibly say to sum up my feelings adequately. Honestly, I am at a loss. This fic is so wonderful. And you ladies are so wonderful! Seriously. I am dying to know the inspiration behind this amazing piece of genius. This so much more than a whump story, so much more than a drama. For me, it speaks volumes about the human spirit. This is so beautiful. It's simply untouchable, in my opinion. It's deeply compelling and addictive and absolutely spellbinding. I hope the two of you write more and more fics together!

Ok, the epilogue is next. And I'm truly saddened that I'm at the end :(
penless chapter 12 . 9/10/2012
This chapter was so good, I'm literally FREAKING OUT! How can I even begin to sort through my thoughts and leave you ladies a coherent review?

First off...BILLY! It cannot be overstated how great it was to see his resurgence! The analogy of the broken coffee mug was incredible, by the way. Fortunately for Billy, the glue that put his pieces together was the ODS. It made my eyes well up to see his team rallying to him again, after the stark discovery of his torture file. Billy facing Rezin? Made my heart. Stop. I couldn't read fast enough, and I was cheering the whole time. That is, when I remembered to breathe! And Billy remembering the story of Rezin's broken hand was genius. Honestly, this chapter is too good for words.

The thing that demands comment the most is the emotion in here. Not just in this chapter, obviously, but throughout the entire fic. I have been moved by this fic, time and time again. I don't know what kernel of thought was planted to bring this story to life, but seriously, what god do I have to thank that it did?! There really is something magical in this. And I'm talking about more than the plot and the whump (although both are amazing like nothing else I've seen!). There is something irrefutably special about this story. It really, really is the best fic I've ever read. You have everything in here, from the most tender, brightest moments of human kindness to the darkest, most callous types of human cruelty. You have shown human nature at its best and worst. And the journey you've taken Billy on has both brought me to tears and made me smile with hope, sometimes simultaneously.

I could go on and on but I better not. I don't even think I'm making much sense, anyway! That's how wrapped up this fic has me!
TheNaggingCube chapter 14 . 9/4/2012
Wow. Such a beautiful wonderful end to this story, but not to Billy's life.

They are all wounded but healing and living. Just love it.

hehehe can you write Deputy Director Collins? that would be fun.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 14 . 9/2/2012
Brilliant! Are you planning on writing a sequel? Billy's first (or second, rather) mission back in the field? Or will he be DD Collins? :D
Cathy chapter 14 . 9/2/2012
Thank you both for such a wonderful, although sometimes painful, story. You two did a great job at capturing the various personalities of the team members, including the very difficult part of desconstructing Billy's personality, changing it for a while and then puttting him back together.

Thank you both for sharing.
penless chapter 11 . 8/31/2012
I confess, I have a serious, serious problem:

I don't want this fic to end!

But wow, what a chapter. The flashback was super poignant. Billy's realization that his life and death have both been taken from him was like a punch to my brain, it was so beautifully written. All of the flashbacks are brilliant, of course, but this one really had a huge (huge!) impact on me.

And the reemergence of badass Billy! I knew he was in there! It makes me want to stand up and cheer. Honestly, just phenomenal, how stirred up you ladies have gotten me!

Which sadly brings me back to my first point, being the issue of how I don't want to see this fic end. But I suppose all good things must eventually end. I really must say how much I'm hoping you ladies have other projects in the works together. Because this? TOO. GOOD.

I must go to bed now. I'm pretty sure that by the time I fall asleep I'll still be thinking about this chapter.

Thank you so much, Faye and Lena!
sockie1000 chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
yay! good for billy!

this was such a great action chapter! I coudl picture it all in my head so easily. and I'm still so proud of Billy for literally facing his fears and conquering them. :)
sockie1000 chapter 11 . 8/30/2012
yay for billy! I'm so proud of him for overcoming his fears and getting to the guys!
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 13 . 8/29/2012