Reviews for Like a Shooting Star
ebi pers chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Again, your perfect characterization blows me away! My favorite section has to be Matt's. His observations on his brothers' relationship are spot on and almost heartbreaking. The fact that he was pretending to be asleep is also perfectly in character and something I can easily see happening on the show. And the hollow comfort Tom tried to provide was brilliantly written as well. They all were. Fantastic job! I hope to see more from you soon.
JDMlvr1 chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
I Love what you did with all of these character's and the story line. Makes Me miss ben more
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I loved the episode. Evoked way too many feelings though, if you know what I mean? So of course I had to search out fic to torment myself more. So happy to see a tag to this episode by you!

First, TOM:

This poor man. The hits never stop for him, do they? This part is so heartbreaking: "He'd already lost his son once. To lose him again… and this time he was the one who allowed it to happen." :(

Great job with Tom realizing that he will now have to tell Hal and Matt where Ben is.

HAL:

Perfectly in character. I definitely agree that Hal's reaction would be anger and that he would want to go charging after Ben right away (reminds me of season 1 Hal).

Love that you had Maggie comfort Hal. She knew just the right things to say (and I'm glad that she pointed out that Ben decision to leave was in part to protect the 2nd Massachusetts).

"He's my kid brother and I've only just got him back. I just want him to be okay." Loved these lines. *sad*

MATT:

I think this might be my favorite section. Matt's ruminations on the way Ben had changed and the way the dynamic between his two older brothers had shifted was spot on. I love the way you captured his character; you get a sense of just how overwhelming the situation is to a young child.

The Tom and Matt hug was very sweet. I like how Matt picks up that his father's assurances about Ben are mostly hollow.

LOURDES:

Not much to say about this section except I might have gotten a little misty eyed. Poor Lourdes.

WEAVER:

Love the tone in this section. Weaver is the war captain doing a mental survey of his troops and their situation. Thanks for drawing the parallel between Weaver and Tom (both of whom now have children whose whereabouts are unknown).

POPE:

This section made me laugh. Pope's diction is just perfectly Pope.

ANNE:

Really liked this part: "Afterwards, she'd held him. They stayed like that for almost an hour, just in each other's arms as they tried to digest everything that had happened. "

BEN:

How determined he is. I like that you end with Ben, as the episode did.

Sorry for the length of the review. Hope you don't mind. I really loved this tag!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
like it make more chapters