Reviews for Harry Potter and the Ashes of Nurmengard
Anisthasia Zewi Cortexz chapter 3 . 5/30/2014
Loving your work. I can't wait for more chapter's. I just hope you update soon.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/28/2014
Chet, rash like a gryff

Om..ggg I talk like a Potter maniac LOLs
purple sky always chapter 3 . 1/9/2014
I'd not expect such hatred from Harry. He comes from a loving family and his mother was muggleborn.
Ado Edem chapter 3 . 10/29/2013
Really good! Hmm if Voldemort still is Tom then I'm guessing through the use of Horocrux that he's playing all sides. That he's the one with a full deck so to speak. I'll hold off on my opinion till the story proper.
kyuubi shadow chapter 3 . 10/27/2013
Not bad.
EpicJargon chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
a brilliant story i just wish you had continued it
PriyanshPotter chapter 3 . 1/29/2013
Brilliant Story... Totally loved it.. cant wait for the updates or any other Political stories from you... :)
blackshadow111 chapter 3 . 1/4/2013
Excellent. Really, really, brilliant.
Properly done twins, properly done Slytherin sorting, and most important, the Darth Sidious and Chancellor Palpatine equivalence with Voldemort and Riddle.

I salute you, sir and humbly beg for more updates.

By the way, I'm gonna be shamelessly stealing ideas from you.
And while we're at it, I must point out a few things.
The news article at the beginning makes it a forgone conclusion that Harry'll fail at whatever he does.
His experience with the muggles kinda reminds me of a story where he was reincarnated as Salazar Black. (I think that's the name of the story too, but can't be sure)

Anyway, keep up the good work
Guest chapter 3 . 12/30/2012
Really great story! I hope you're continuing it. You've captured the essence of preteen gossip, history being written by the winners, and various nuances of bigotry. It will be interesting to see where you're going with this.
Zexs chapter 3 . 12/13/2012
This is like a train wreak you cant help but watch, we all know eventually whats going to happen to poor Harry its just the length of the road he has to walk thats the issue
lazyguy90 chapter 3 . 12/1/2012
Brilliant work on this.

Some truly fascinating stuff.

I look forward to the next chapter.

Keep at it.
rosenthalblau chapter 3 . 11/26/2012
A very good story. It is rare to read a story on this page where you get the feeling that the Author is older than let us say 15, has read a few non-fiction books himself and is reasonably smart.

I am glad I found your story. I like the idea of a political Dark Lord. As you said, the lack of ideological explanation in the Original Books is very much annoying. Sadly, fanfiction usually has the same weakness and just turns the conflict into a confrontation between "good" and "evil".

I would like to encourage you to continue to explore Harry's moral developement. This way, you add a little more depth into Harry's character. See for example this sentence:

"Harry supported the idea with his whole heart but a small part of him remembered Colin Creevey, doubled up in pain on the ground, and felt a slight sense of unease."

If you have the motivation to continue, I think this could be one of the few stories that could rival "On the way to Greatness", one of the best stories this side has to offer.
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 2 . 11/7/2012
wait but in one of the earlier books it described merlin being...but... maybe it used to be like college level at that point or something... hmm I don't know

and this is a very interesting story, a new twist to the harry in slytherin, a harry who actually belongs in slytherin (jokeing aside you made this very well, despite the rushed timeline, I feel we really inside this Harry's head)

also this is listed as Harry/Gabi that's how I found it as that is one of my prefered pairings, about when will she enter play and in what fashion?
loveisforfairytales chapter 3 . 10/29/2012
Please keep writing! This story is fascinating! I love how unlike other twin stories, James isn't evil!
Loiosh311 chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
Interesting fic so far hope to see more in the near future!