Reviews for Ancient Relics
silyKat chapter 40 . 3/29
So so so so so so coooool !
I had a really good time reading your fic !
Thanks !
lkdaswani chapter 40 . 2/9
WOW. just, wow. and beautiful.
EmmSea chapter 13 . 1/13
I continue to find Ron Weasley a most unlikeable person.
EmmSea chapter 12 . 1/13
re missing dragon . . . or the death muncher mob found it !?
Melira chapter 39 . 1/3
This. Is. Awesome!
Honestly, I'm almost at a loss for words describing how much I enjoyed this story. I think, saying it gave me loads of new headcanon (even replacing some of the real canon) gives you the right impression.
I usually don't read crossovers but by coincidence I looked for HPxMerlin and found your story. And I'm glad I did!
I always thought, the two fandoms fit rather well but I never realised exactly how well. You did a wonderful job combining the characters, situations and especially the two kinds of magic. Everything seemed just right, the way you fit it together. Of course, that old, powerful magic Dumbledore's always taking about that saved Harry is the old Religion. What else could it be? And of course Morgana would try to come back at all cost (yes, I accepted the fact that she is still alive as one of the first things of my new headcanon since it was linked to Arthur dying years after he found out about Merlin and them having s great time together without all the lies), using Voldemort as her servant. I could go on for hours about it, believe me, but I think my point has been made
As soon as I find time again, I will read the companion pieces, especially looking forward to the sequel. I'm enormously interested to see what restoring the Old Religion did to the Wizarding World!
Thank you so much for writing this! It has been one of the best stories I ever read!
Guest chapter 36 . 12/30/2017
Hey there. I love your story. It's awesome. The characters are very realistic, add us the conversation. However, I've just spotted the first, and so far only, plot hole. Why not have Merlin ask Sal's pursuit about hidden passageways into the castle? A Slytherin would definitely have a few of those for contingency. Anyway, other than that and a few grammar issues, the story reads like it was written by a real Pro. Kudos! Can't wait to get to the end
ReDEAR chapter 30 . 11/11/2017
I hated the last episode, I was like, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Ilarowsi chapter 20 . 8/29/2017
I love the fact that you don't skip reactions! Some ppl go like this and I really don't like it:

"I am Merlin." Her shocked face stared back at him as he heaved a sigh and prepared to explain.

- (line break, time skip) -

"So we good, Hermione?"

(And they just go off and we (as the readers) never see the reaction!)

Anyway, great, amazing book so far!
Lord Barinthus chapter 20 . 8/20/2017
I can't believe for a SECOND that the boys would leave Hermione alone in the Forest after dark. Ron, maybe. But not Harry.

And if the dragon could telepathically tell Merlin that the kids were asking questions about him, why didn't he just continue the conversation telepathically instead of rushing off to the forest?

Setting up the circumstances for Hermione to overhear that conversation feels pretty forced/contrived.
Lord Barinthus chapter 18 . 8/20/2017
There wasn't a single other person in the Common Room when they apparated in? That was ridiculously stupid of them. I hate that Harry has to learn the weaker version of the Old magic, instead of being a true apprentice and learning the more powerful.

I also don't follow the logic of why he received the Old Magic during Lily's death. By that logic, there should be dozens of others with the same abilities. Harry doesn't have the monopoly on parents dying for their child. What made that night different?
Lord Barinthus chapter 16 . 8/20/2017
16 chapters of Merlin lying and prevaricating is getting OLD. If he doesn't at least tell Harry soon I'll stop reading out of disinterest.
Lord Barinthus chapter 15 . 8/20/2017
I've never been fond of Ron, but this fic is seriously making me hate him. He's such an annoying idiot.
Lord Barinthus chapter 14 . 8/20/2017
God, Ron is such an annoying CHILD in this fic. I wish someone would tell him to grow up already. I cringe every time he speaks, I swear.

Also, while we're discussing wishes, can Harry stop pining for Ginny and fall for "Martin" instead? That'd be much more interesting, lol.
Lord Barinthus chapter 12 . 8/20/2017
I don't recall Martin ever letting on that he knew anything of wards, yet Minnie tasks him with keeping an eye on them? Seems like an unlikely leap in logic on her part.
Lord Barinthus chapter 5 . 8/19/2017
When they were under the Cloak, in the middle of a BATTLE, Peeves gave them away. WHY has no one exorcised him?
1,468 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »