Reviews for Ancient Relics
Otsutsuki no Yami chapter 3 . 5/12
Sorry, but I don't buy this shit of Voldemort suddenly able to use Merlin's kind of Magic. Goodbye, but that is just garbage in my eyes.
Diana chapter 40 . 5/8
Hey!I’m a college student from China, I read this whole story and it’s really, really amazing! It’s fascinating to combine Harry Potter and The Legend of Merlin together, and wow, I like it so much! Thanks for the story! (oo)
ALE chapter 39 . 4/20
oh the truth I finished reading it a while ago.

Although I consider it to be a well-developed story for the most part, I can't say I like the character development, especially how dependent someone like Merlin looks around the trio when usually he has always been independent despite his emotions.

I understand why he is like this, that he sees Harry as a new Arthur and that this is supposed to work anyway, but the negative way he is treated against Harry maybe that is what makes him unpleasant to me. It's like Harry's actions are always okay, but Merlin takes the bad.

For the rest I don't know what to say, it goes with the harry potter fanon if you take into account the little information about some other characters in the books. Anyway, as characters, I wouldn't say that I could put up with them or even support them, they are very annoying to me and it is true that it may be because they are young, but in comparison Merlin at his age was different and although his character was frustrating, it was never that way. But like I said, I guess you were sticking to how they are in the books.

On the other hand, Draco was never one of my favorites but you made me like him in your story and his ending was quite nice along with story and Merlin's ending, the mentions of his friends from the past and how they appeared, you were able to create a good atmosphere with them and I appreciate that you released the data little by little like the mystery of the dragon, which I see as better achieved.
wolfwind42 chapter 20 . 4/6
I wish Merlin had been the one to tell them. Hermione just finding out on her own really rings hollow. It would have been a lot more impactful if Merlin had told them of their own accord. And Hermione lying to Ron and Harry just makes her a hypocrite, since she was just condemning Merlin for lying to them.
wolfwind42 chapter 2 . 4/5
I’d don’t think it would fit Merlin especially since he’s taller than them. It barely fit the three of them in the books, and their feet were sticking out. It definitely wouldn’t fit Merlin.
wolfwind42 chapter 22 . 3/2
Oh come on. Merlin wouldn’t just tell Hermione all his deepest secrets just because she knows who he is. That’s just not logical. That’s not how human nature works. Especially since he’s kept these secret for more than a thousand years. He wouldn’t be able to say everything even if he wanted to.

Why was Merlin so affected by the Boggart? He’s had 1300 years to come to terms with it. Even if he hasn’t fully accepted Arthur’s death, it shouldn’t have affected him that much. It’s irrational.
wolfwind42 chapter 40 . 2/10
This was incredible. One of the best Merlin fanfics I’ve ever had the pleasure to read. Great story, amazing character arcs, awesome world building, it was the whole package. Everything flowed naturally, nothing seemed forced, the relationships between characters felt completely natural and not at all artificial or forced, amazing. I loved it.
wolfwind42 chapter 28 . 2/9
Why would he take everyone along? I understand that they want to be involved, but Merlin think as only going to get the sword. He didn’t need everyone to come. Also, are you telling me Merlin never went back to Avalon? Because that’s the only explanation to him not knowing he could commune with Arthur. And about that. I don’t think you can commune with the dead at Avalon. Or else he would have talked to Lancelot after he died.
wolfwind42 chapter 26 . 2/8
Wait. Is Tonks an animagus? Because if not, that Shapeshifting stunt couldn’t have worked. If you turn yourself into an animal without being an animagi, then you get the brain of an animal too. You can’t use magic as an animal so you’re stuck as a animal unless another wizard turns you back.
KnellaLuna chapter 28 . 12/15/2021
This chapter made me cry! Soooo good!
Roses92 chapter 21 . 12/7/2021
I don't review very often, but I had to say something when I got to the end of this chapter. I love the way you built up Ron and Harry discovering Merlin's true identity. Even though I knew it was coming, your writing was so compelling that I felt the suspense along with them. I love the way you showed their reactions and then revealed what it was that they saw. It was not how I expected them to find out, especially since Merlin was planning to tell them, and I love it when stories surprise me! Thanks for writing this!
WeisseHex chapter 1 . 9/15/2021
Wow, I can't believe that Merlin himself will help Harry; will he tell who he is now?
sherryola chapter 7 . 9/1/2021
i know I reviewed this when I read originally, but I just had a comment about Kingsley. How could he do the fidelius? that house belongs to Harry. shouldn't he have bothered to get Harry's permission and ask him who should be the secret keeper? Just a thought. lol.
ALE686 chapter 1 . 8/19/2021
What a nice story i found!
Li-Ion78 chapter 2 . 6/5/2021
what even is the plot if we are close to the end of the material lol
1,543 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »