Reviews for Ancient Relics
Lord Barinthus chapter 20 . 8/20
I can't believe for a SECOND that the boys would leave Hermione alone in the Forest after dark. Ron, maybe. But not Harry.

And if the dragon could telepathically tell Merlin that the kids were asking questions about him, why didn't he just continue the conversation telepathically instead of rushing off to the forest?

Setting up the circumstances for Hermione to overhear that conversation feels pretty forced/contrived.
Lord Barinthus chapter 18 . 8/20
There wasn't a single other person in the Common Room when they apparated in? That was ridiculously stupid of them. I hate that Harry has to learn the weaker version of the Old magic, instead of being a true apprentice and learning the more powerful.

I also don't follow the logic of why he received the Old Magic during Lily's death. By that logic, there should be dozens of others with the same abilities. Harry doesn't have the monopoly on parents dying for their child. What made that night different?
Lord Barinthus chapter 16 . 8/20
16 chapters of Merlin lying and prevaricating is getting OLD. If he doesn't at least tell Harry soon I'll stop reading out of disinterest.
Lord Barinthus chapter 15 . 8/20
I've never been fond of Ron, but this fic is seriously making me hate him. He's such an annoying idiot.
Lord Barinthus chapter 14 . 8/20
God, Ron is such an annoying CHILD in this fic. I wish someone would tell him to grow up already. I cringe every time he speaks, I swear.

Also, while we're discussing wishes, can Harry stop pining for Ginny and fall for "Martin" instead? That'd be much more interesting, lol.
Lord Barinthus chapter 12 . 8/20
I don't recall Martin ever letting on that he knew anything of wards, yet Minnie tasks him with keeping an eye on them? Seems like an unlikely leap in logic on her part.
Lord Barinthus chapter 5 . 8/19
When they were under the Cloak, in the middle of a BATTLE, Peeves gave them away. WHY has no one exorcised him?
Lord Barinthus chapter 4 . 8/19
I'm enjoying this, and I get that OBVIOUSLY Merlin is going to be rather powerful, but I hate how puny Harry is looking in comparison. Perhaps Merlin will train him up? I hope Fawkes bonds with Harry, though, if he bonds with anyone.
33333
ndn13ash chapter 18 . 6/15
Lovely fic! Very well written and absolutely beautiful! But there is one thing I can't really get over... why does Harry feel like he's entitled to know all Merlin's secrets? It's kinda annoying how presumptuous he's being .
koala789 chapter 39 . 6/11
Dude... you pulled my heart this way and that all through this story. I died of laughter, I yelled in anger, I beamed until my face burst, and... I definitely cried. Especially that last chapter. Of happiness... I think. Anyway, this is a positively fantastic story that has earned a place in my heart. Thank you.
skyhawkwolf chapter 9 . 6/7
This is brilliant, you are a great writer
skyhawkwolf chapter 6 . 6/7