Reviews for The Space Diary (Uchuu Nikki)
Anon chapter 1 . 3/8
My bad, I forget you can't write websites in reviews.
on Fanfiction . net, this website.*
Anon chapter 1 . 3/4
Hello, just for make you know that there is now a Space Brothers category on
I guess it will make more visibility to your fanfiction, and such.
Grape Fanta chapter 13 . 5/28/2013
I just finished the entire fic tonight and wow I am not disappoint
At first I thought this might end up relatively safe [ex. this is all a computer simulation], considering how Uchuu Kyoudai is
BUT NO
IT IS NOT AT ALL SAFE
And my emotions were everywhere by chapter 12
Chapter 13 was actually probably my favorite chapter. Everything seemed to come together nicely to end this part of the story.
Also, Kenji's death was very well-written, as much as it pains me to say that.
I enjoyed the connections to the show throughout
Ozzy and Jennifer being in here was a bit jumbled as far as reasoning goes, but I prefer them over the no-personality candidates from the show. At least I feel more of a connection with them
I'm also confused as to why Hibito was here, but I guess that will be explained later?
Anyways, very good story. One of my favorite fics, now. I can't wait for the next part
Tuttle Diary chapter 2 . 7/28/2012
First off, I really enjoyed reading this. I liked how ... Adorkable? MUTTA is! Nobody else would commit such a crime of klutziness if his or her life depended on it. It makes MUTTA a very relatable character in that single instance. Other than that, I'd say he's much less of a wimp than Yuki, and it'd be interesting to see how he'll survive on his wits or lack of 'em. I'm expecting a few achievements in ignorance from a n00b Mutta, playing this game he never signed up for all because he failed to read the fine print. Now that he's more or less defenseless, he'll need a serious Deus Ex Machina moment to save him or a sociopathic protector going "Muttaa!" all the time. For 10 hours.
Is there going to be more humor? It seems all very dark and serious for a supposed mixture of warm, heartfelt slice of life and ... Mirai Nikki. I enjoy the serious aspects since it ties into the real, less gamified world with the necessary angst for dearest Mutta. Who doesn't relate to being the disgraceful black sheep younger sibling with an arrogant elder brother? All because he wants to be a dentist and is good at math and is a hard worker and is more likeable and more friendly and I WANT TO BE HIBITO.
Pardon the Loki moment. .
This is written similarly to "Domesticity", an excellent ficcy. I enjoy the writing style for its subtle wit and somewhat blatant, preposterous happenings. It feels as if anything can happen, and it probably will, yet I'll fall for the trap and be immersed in this newfound reality without giving the slighted hint of surprise when Mutta does something completely unMutta-like. This is assuming he'll taint his hands with red gloves, if you know what I mean. He could also stay the defenseless bunny rabbit as everyone kills the other. I hope he just so happens to be in a room with a massacre from a one man army and ends up gaining the reputation of a vicious, ruthless Rand of Mobile Cellular Device world. He could feign being already dead- although that trick wouldn't last long.
I really like the killing old guy's personality. Not enough to remember his name, though. Yutaka?
If it's #'s you want then know that I have deemed this fan ficcy so far of 4 out of 5 stars.
A 5 star would be like "The White Dog" or "Domesticity"- it is in the style of the latter, though. I'm assuming there won't be palace dramatics and betrayals going on.
Perhaps I shouldn't presume too much?