Reviews for A Gentleman
vivien.gorner chapter 8 . 2/24
I wish my dreams were half as exciting as yours... It somehow very much reminds me of the holders series. I haven't read chapter nine yet, but with that "Arr you my keeper" stuff...
MajorBachman chapter 9 . 9/18/2012
You're welcome.

May I suggest trying something else in the Hanniverse than a dream? Dreams have their own twists on reality and fanfic is most often about following canon. The two don't really match to me. Concoct a captivating course of events for our couple or the perfect penalty for a puny side character, and keep in mind a good plot needs a good number of words to develop.
ThePurpleness chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
Aw, thank you for the shout out, I love you too! I'm sad that the story is over, but I loved every chapter of it. It's on my favorites list so I'll probably be going back and re-reading it when I get really bored lol.

I say go for it and put some more Hannibal fanfics on here! And yes I had a great time!

Bye bye!
Maria Avid chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
I loved the ending, you should consider a sequel.
Especially liked the last line: "No... he is a gentleman."
Brilliant!
Lady Avotil chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
Hi!_

I envy you for dreaming about the Good Doctor, I really do. The closest I've ever gotten was...well...the dream didn't directly include him, but rather something characteristic for him (his rather exotic culinary preference, if you want to know). So yeah, I envy you for those dreams.

Onto the story itself - definitely an interesting one. I wonder if you're planning a sequel to this story? After all, whilst a dream may have been the base for this story, you have succeeded in setting the basics for a continuation. I mean, does she ever see him again? If yes, then what happens? Do they develop a relationship or a close friendship? So many questions...and all could be answered with a sequel. So I strongly encourage you to at least think about writing a sequel._

I really hope that you will start a sequel! You're a good writer._
Miss Savvy chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This was a fantastic chapter; looking forward to the finale, (:
ThePurpleness chapter 8 . 9/9/2012
I really liked this chapter! Even if other people think he was OOC, I thought it was fitting. Sad that the next chapter will be the last, but I have enjoyed every chapter.
MajorBachman chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
You're welcome, Miss. Lennox. As I said: it's tough beta-ing a description of a dream - you dreamt what you dreamt and there's only so much one can suggest. But we've tried, let's see what people will think of it.
It's like watching a movie by David Lynch (is that name coïncidence?) - some will love it, some will hate it.
ThePurpleness chapter 7 . 8/21/2012
This was an intense chapter and I have a feeling it will just intensify even more. Great job as always! Can't wait for the next chapter! Until next time!
MajorBachman chapter 6 . 8/15/2012
You're beginning to lose me. I had hoped we'd reach a solution in the room and the exit would truly be the exit.
Now, questions only arise I had not hoped to arise.
MajorBachman chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
Hm. The mystery of the missing earlobe, then. Sounds like a new Sherlock Holmes story to me, where I am the man not knowing where an earlobe went, or why...

If this chapter was autobiographical, ... you shouldn't have posted it because that would be a paradox.

One chapter remaining (until you update). Let's see.
MajorBachman chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
Personal opinion: do not use poems or song lyrics in Hannific.
MajorBachman chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
"Though deep down I knew the truth. This man was a psychopath; scratch that, a cannibalistic psychopath with advanced skill in mockery." No, no, Miss. Lennox. He kills people, yes, but he's not a psychopath. I believe Clarice clarified that.

The earlobe was very unexpected and I am curious what goal it serves. Let's move on to the next chapter...
MajorBachman chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
He ignored my puzzled expression, "You are interested in fiction rather than reality, no?" - *GRINS* isn't that all our problem? ;-)

"These fictional men that I knew couldn't hurt me do to inexistence. But now…" - nice second line (continuing the thought from the first chapter) to tell us what's happening.

"Do you know why you crave men of my caliber? ... Psychopaths, 'dead men', vulgar, perverted, corrupt, ugly men." - At first I was like: "?" but then Miss. Lennox answer came and I realized I fell into Hannibal's trap as well.

To me, Hannibal's not OOC. Besides, he's in a dream and he can be as OOC as you wish, if it's done for a good reason.

Cool story so far!
MajorBachman chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Actually, I like the fact the doctor's previous murders weren't described in detail. Really, what purpose would it serve? Triggering the reader's fantasy works better than actually describing it!

You hint at canon but didn't overdo it, that nice :-)

The "'your fortress' rather" was an excellent line. A very telling line.

Keep close to the dream, I'd say, and I'm curious what the next chapter will bring.