Reviews for God Works in Mysterious Ways
MonicaOP chapter 1 . 4/16
What a magnificent story! I just recently discovered it, I have no idea why but I have never seen it when I was searching for The Tudors fanfics! And is awesome! I enjoyed every bit of this and I think every turn and twist is so well done! I truly love it! I hope you continue soon 'cause is truly something special! Be well
continiue please
Child of Dreams chapter 44 . 3/8
Duke Philip of Bavaria?
SQUEE!
Continue the story
Kat-Arva chapter 51 . 2/8
Oh wow. So I spent last three days reading and... this is a truly wonderful work. One of the best things I ever read for it was a long time since a bunch of words made me feel so many emotions.
Just the possibility of everyone being so happy in the end makes me smile. All this good that happens and these plot twists, and politics, and schemes... and yes, major happiness. And you somehow got there without bashing anyone (except Norfolk but...).
The best thing in my opinion is Mary\Anne relationship. Second best is rebel Anne (though I'm a little confused by the state of English Reformation there). Third is Volta. Really loved your description.
I wished for more royal domesticy and romance sometimes, but what you've already got is good.

I don't know if you ever plan to return there, but everything could be nicely concluded with a small epilogue. Where Anne gets another daughter, Mary falls pregnant, Charles marries, and they save little French girl. Oh and Henry is ridiculously happy.

Anyway, thank you for this.)
David-El chapter 17 . 9/13/2017
I can't believe I didn't ask this the first time I read this story, but I need to know: why does the Pope think he needs to give Henry permission to marry when the royals of Europe have never asked his permission for any of their marriage alliances? What is so special about this marriage? There is no biblical reason to prevent it that I see.
mightymel30 chapter 51 . 5/30/2017
Please please please continue this story
Guest chapter 8 . 5/23/2017
I like how much of a conscious Henry is showing. It's not possible in history but I guess that death toll & promising God could've changed him. Especially if his mother was mentioned

Great concept, another interesting fic

I also think Mary marrying a Dauphin of France would stop the Emperor from using her to invade. Though Henry didn't want Mary to marry even after Edward was born in fear she'd usurp her brother's throne. Would marrying a Dauphine prevent Mary &the Emperor from doing that? I like that Anne suggested she remain a princess.

It's nice to see everyone getting along now
Wishing For Dragons chapter 51 . 5/22/2017
I read this a while ago and loved it. Great job. I do hope you'll update someday.
Paralauragram chapter 51 . 2/29/2016
I've been reading this in my spare time for weeks. I love it, I love you for writing it, I'm so sad to find it unfinished.
Keira-House M.D chapter 51 . 10/15/2015
This story is so amazing, definitely my favourite Tudors fic.
I love how you mix the romance and friendships with political storylines. Despite the sorrows in this story it is clearly much happier than the reality.
I adore the characters, especially Henry, Anne, Mary and the other royal children, Charles, Frances, Liz and George.
I think Henry is right about Charles/Anne - a marriage of convenience but they are good friends and there is potential for happiness.
Cardinal Pole just seems to be stirring up trouble, even if he's trying to make it seem like he has England's best interests at heart - the Pope seems sceptical and I hope he remains that way because peace is more likely to be achieved by supporting England.
I also really love how the events of the story have shaped everyone, especially Henry, to make them often happier. They still retain their personalities while leading better lives - the perfect example being Henry saying he would be happy with a girl or boy and might even prefer the former (I know it could be said that it was because he already has three boys but I think it still shows growth).
Looking forward to more.
Littledot chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
This is a good story but you do know that Mary Queen of Scott's (Henry's niece) and not Mary Tudor (Henry's daughter) was Blood Mary...
Guest chapter 51 . 3/14/2015
curious to find out what cardinal pole is up to.
PhantomProducer chapter 51 . 1/13/2015
I just caught up with your story, having read through it over the past week. I love it! So good, and the twists on historical events have been so entertaining. I can't wait to see what you have left in store.

That being said, I saw the Charles/Anna thing coming, but I was pleased to see it come to fruition, so I have no problem with that at all. I hope they do find a sort of happiness together.

And, though I like Frances, I hope that she and Eleanor (mainly Nell) are thwarted in some way or another regarding Surrey's possible elevation. I mean, have him marry Cate, but don't let that dictate the turnout. He's a proud man, always has been, but this version of history has warped him in that he would not contemplate doing anything disloyal to his sovereign, not when two members of his family have already been charged with treason to the crown. Nell is just being spiteful because she was not catered to exactly when she wanted by women who happened to be his relations/friends of his relations. She is a duke's daughter, a princess' daughter, and frankly she doesn't act like it. She needs to grow up, and not destroy people because of her own mistakes. I'm sorry, but I haven't really ever liked her.

Also, I hope the Pope bears in mind that Cardinal Pole has been out of England for over five years by this point, and that in this story he has never even known Mary on a personal level. Therefore, why would he trust his judgement as far as she is concerned? And the thing is, royal marriages weren't a secret, not best kept ones, and they were not shy about letting the world know about Mary and Phillip's here. Emperor Charles most definitely knows, and clearly he is not going to do anything about it. Saying that he would not condone it does no good, in Pole's case. He's showing an ambitious streak here that in the end would jeopardize the whole of Christendom, and so the Pope needs to be careful.

Well, that's enough of my rambling. That's all for now, looking forward to more!