Reviews for God Works in Mysterious Ways
Littledot chapter 1 . 6/28
This is a good story but you do know that Mary Queen of Scott's (Henry's niece) and not Mary Tudor (Henry's daughter) was Blood Mary...
curious to find out what cardinal pole is up to.
PhantomProducer chapter 51 . 1/13
I just caught up with your story, having read through it over the past week. I love it! So good, and the twists on historical events have been so entertaining. I can't wait to see what you have left in store.

That being said, I saw the Charles/Anna thing coming, but I was pleased to see it come to fruition, so I have no problem with that at all. I hope they do find a sort of happiness together.

And, though I like Frances, I hope that she and Eleanor (mainly Nell) are thwarted in some way or another regarding Surrey's possible elevation. I mean, have him marry Cate, but don't let that dictate the turnout. He's a proud man, always has been, but this version of history has warped him in that he would not contemplate doing anything disloyal to his sovereign, not when two members of his family have already been charged with treason to the crown. Nell is just being spiteful because she was not catered to exactly when she wanted by women who happened to be his relations/friends of his relations. She is a duke's daughter, a princess' daughter, and frankly she doesn't act like it. She needs to grow up, and not destroy people because of her own mistakes. I'm sorry, but I haven't really ever liked her.

Also, I hope the Pope bears in mind that Cardinal Pole has been out of England for over five years by this point, and that in this story he has never even known Mary on a personal level. Therefore, why would he trust his judgement as far as she is concerned? And the thing is, royal marriages weren't a secret, not best kept ones, and they were not shy about letting the world know about Mary and Phillip's here. Emperor Charles most definitely knows, and clearly he is not going to do anything about it. Saying that he would not condone it does no good, in Pole's case. He's showing an ambitious streak here that in the end would jeopardize the whole of Christendom, and so the Pope needs to be careful.

Well, that's enough of my rambling. That's all for now, looking forward to more!
DaniNatureGirl313 chapter 51 . 1/12
When it comes to boy names for the baby, I like the options you laid out. However, there's also Jasper, for the uncle who raised Henry's father into such a fine, strong warrior & king. And then, there's Arthur, for Henry's brother. When it comes to the girls, I have some ideas, 1s not often thought of. Bridget, for the aunt who devoted her life to religious service. Then, there's Jaquetta, for his great-grandmother. I pictured Anne, reading up on the Tudor family history & learning of this name, when the idea hit me. Look up information about Philippa Gregory's books, if you want to see where I learned about it.
Esme24 chapter 51 . 1/8
I love your Anne is with child again.I hope that she will have little Eleanor. Anna and Charles would make such a good pair.
HermioneandMarcus chapter 51 . 1/7
excellent first chapter and i can not wait to read more soon please and thank you
IWantColoredRain chapter 51 . 1/6
Thank God.
biancaruth chapter 51 . 1/5
I think any match for Cate is better than Thomas Seymour, he treated her so badly and is bound to get into trouble sooner or later. I think we saw the Charles/Anna match coming but that good; we've/I've been looking forward to it!
AngelQueen chapter 51 . 1/5
Ah, such a great chapter! I am loving the parallels you're drawing with real life in Cate Parr's life. She considered marrying Henry a duty she was called to by God, and it sounds like Frances and Nell may very well convince her that a marriage to Surrey is also such a calling. Who but Cate can keep the man from pursuing ideas above his station? A really interesting subplot.

I am also very intrigued by the subplot developing in Rome with Pole. The idea of him invading and marrying Mary to secure his claim to the throne is particularly interesting. Henry Tudor once made a vow to invade England and marry Elizabeth of York, and his pursuing that vow changed England forever. If Pole gets enough support in Europe, he may very well attempt to do just that - invade and marry Mary, which the Pope would support if he declares Mary's marriage to Philip invalid in the eyes of the Catholic Church.

Of course, if he does go public with that stance, it may just push Mary further into the arms of the reformers. Mary's already wedded and bedded, so to get the news that the Pope says she's living in sin will be a huge blow to her own pride, and Mary has enough Tudor in her to be rather... irate over such a statement. If Pole were to show up, she might just box his ears for presuming so much. Mary is no Elizabeth of York, to just accept things. *smirk*

Again, excellent chapter! And hey! Anne's pregnant again! I hope things go well for her! *crosses fingers*
Twelve13 chapter 51 . 1/5
This was such a good chapter! I think the baby should be a girl and be named Eleanor!
QueenAnneTudor chapter 51 . 1/5
Omg, Pole is a deluded crazy man. Love Charles and Anna. And hope Anne has a healthy baby.
Crikeywhathappened chapter 51 . 1/5
YESSS! FINALLY! Life is complete again!
Becky Blue Eyes chapter 51 . 1/5
*screaming* THE STORY HAS RISEN

*more screaming* MARY AND PHILIP FINALLY GOT MARRIED

*runs out of air to scream*

Charles/Anna is decidedly platonic in my heart but that shouldn't stop them from having a happy marriage when they are such good friends, and yay Princess Jeanne! The Cate-Hal Howard pairing will be an interesting one, if only because I can see a lot of fighting between them, good or bad. Darn it Kitty, your dirty laundry is going to be all over the castle by the end of the year, and Nell, you gotta get a grip on your affair before it destroys you, Tony and your family.

Everything's exciting and dangerous and I'm glad to see you updating this story again!
Robin4 chapter 50 . 1/5
Lovely chapter. Absolutely lovely.
Twelve13 chapter 50 . 9/27/2014
Please update! Can Elizabeth be betrothed to phillip of Spain?