Reviews for The Merchant Girl
AprilLittle chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This feels like it could be more than a oneshot! I'm at the end and I'm scrolling down to the right corner of the screen, searching for the 'next' button (even though I read with my own eyes - twice! - that it was indeed just a oneshot) and Gah! No button!

The more Haymitch/Maysilee I read, the more I enjoy the pairing! I really enjoyed your portrayal of both characters. . .both were very likable, engaging. *nods*
Songs to Aging Children chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Ooooh, I loved this! I've never really given Haymitch/Maysilee the time of day, but the way you set up their relationship was reasonable and realistic and so damn sweet! Also, great job capturing Haymitch's voice. Excellent!
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Love it, as always.
accioyourheart chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Oh my jesus, I made this weird noise after I read this. So I do ship Haysilee, and after reading your Clato fic- and absolutely loving it- I saw that you wrote a Maysilee/Haymitch one as well and I jumped at it. I ship it, but I can't really find a headcannon that I absolutely love and think fit the pairing. And I think that after I read your storyline, this is probably my headcannon. Realistic, short and sweet, and just all the while good. I really liked it. It showed they had a relationship, but it wasn't like one they went into the games with. The pseudonyms of girls that Haymitch used was brilliant, and how Maysilee confronted him was just as genius. I enjoyed reading this, and I enjoyed having a new thought on the pairing!
kattomas chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I really like how you described Maysilee's and Haymitch's relationship. I don't know why, but I've always been a fan of town/Seam pairings. I enjoyed this :)
ChivGhost chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Splendid as always, Vikki I was really excited to see the story hit my mailbox, and even more excited when I found out who it was about! Haymitch is easily my favorite character, and I like that you touched upon his former relationship with his old District partner, Maysilee. You really captured Haymitch's personality, but I've learned you're quite skilled at that!

Honestly, while it did have an underlying sadness since we know what happened to those two, it was just a strong story, and probably your second favorite story of mine! On a side note, congratulations and your third year here, and I look forward to the other one-shots

-Snorlaxes/randompurplekitty
Amulet Misty chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
That was amazing O
It never occurred to me that they could have known each other before the games x3 I love this, though 3
Clara Meliza chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Excuse me while I go pack my bags and board another ship! Bravo!
delicateruins chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I really loved this - I'd never really entertained the thought, at least thought much about it, of Haymitch and Maysilee knowing each other and being affectionate before the reaping of the 50th games. I liked how you wrote this, from both points-of-view, and in snippets over the years. Haymitch especially made me so sad reading, as it makes him even more tragic, clearly having given up something he valued even before he was reaped. I'm excited for your week of one-shots!
SassySunshine-PlsReadProfile chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
That was good, and well-written, too.
But she turned around at the last second and said. "Oh, and by the way, I didn't mind lying for you. In fact," she added thoughtfully, "you're the only person I'd ever lie for."
My favorite line. :)