Reviews for The Shinobi Test
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 5 . 7/25
I loved this story. Shows how naive most stories of Naruto portray the world of the manga. Even the author himself describes the world, or at least the main protagonists, as some sort of heroes who fight the "bad guys" when in reality he shows ninjas like Kakashi who killed since he was six, or Minato, who slaughtered an entire battalion of Iwa shinobi in the Third War.
Because just to test GENIN they kill a random person. The hokage think that just making sure their GENIN can kill is worth the death of an innocent. Also, this info would leak within a decade, if only b/c of the 10 or so amateurish assassinations where novices try, and fail to clean up after themselves
apeljohn chapter 5 . 2/13
Bloody hell, that caught me right in the feels. I will be back to read the sequels as soon as the mental trauma fades.

(This reading session itself was only possible because I'd *mostly* recovered from reading "A Sacrifice For Naruto". You bastard.)
iCaelum chapter 5 . 10/24/2014
Hinata dead. A would read again x10 times. Pretty solid concept for a "first kill, pass/fail" fic.
abbyissoawesome chapter 5 . 8/29/2014
This is great you don't often see fanfic where the people actually act like ninja and kill people just because they were ordered to. I really hate how in cannon they avoid this reality or make it seem bad I mean sure the civies probably see it as bad but these people are fucking ninjas and ninjas have to kill if you can't kill then you'll never make it as a ninja. Again thanks for the great read!
bilingualkyuubi chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
Would have been better if hiashi died in the night and hinata went to kurenai and apologized for not being able to do it when it counted. Less tragic, more f'ed up
slashAvenger chapter 5 . 7/11/2014
A surprisingly realistic portrayal of an extremely harsh world. I really enjoyed this one just like most of your other stories. Kudos.
Ann chapter 5 . 5/13/2014
They just dropped her and let her be a civilian? What a moronic waste of a resource, especially when she had the abilities to become a medic that never need leave the village (and therefore kill)
Guest chapter 5 . 5/6/2014
wow this is so realistic yet so screwed up :I
the moral implications of a shinobi world though are dark and twisted so this fic makes sense
thanks for writing! :D
a-d Pilot chapter 5 . 11/17/2013
Burn.

There are number of stories where someone utters this word right before they kill someone, but I'll bet the emotion doesn't really come through.
The disgust.
The helplessness.
The rage, hatred, and grief.

Did you know there are two ways of reacting towards the emotions connected to suicide?
The first is well known. Killing yourself so you no longer have to feel the emotions which cause such pain.
The second is rarer and much more difficult to pull off. Killing everyone else. Everyone.
That way what's hurting you can't do so anymore.
Hopefully.

Personally I don't think it would work. But if killing yourself is locked off for whatever reason...what other choice do you have? After all, you won't get a chance to regret killing yourself but might one day be sorry for murdering everyone else.

...However, your story was well written and plausible, though I'd hoped the entire thing was a Genjutsu so they'd gain the psychological effect without having to kill anyone. But with illusion breakers like the sharingan...
And thank you for not killing Sakura as a security risk to the test. Waiting for that potential shoe to drop was unpleasant.
Axcel chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
Personally, I think Hinata would have realized that failing the test would mean never being with Naruto (for the whole caged-bird and married-off thing). That would give her the motivation to pass.
Axcel chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Honestly, I would see the test as chance to remove some scum who really need to disappear but would be problematic for conventional authorities or the villagers to deal with. The perfect target for a shinobi, as that is the kind of target they would usually be hired to remove, anyway. A point to those who would say ninja don't usually do assassinations (which is true, ninja being hired for assassination was fairy rare in ancient times, for good reason).

Ninja would be periodically hired to murder someone like Gato (or a lesser version who only has power in a single village, or something) in ancient times. The difference is political. Assassination is a political, or high-profile, killing. A generic murder (as far as a paid killing goes) is like the above example about a low-level Gato.

Of course, their most common jobs by far were simple reconnaissance. Which doesn't even require infiltration, though they were just as often hired to do so in order to either spy, gather information, sabotage, sow disunity (such as using a captain or generals short sword to murder another captain or general), etc. When the battle came, ninja often fought on the front-lines as soldiers. Albeit, vastly superior soldiers, but still.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 5 . 10/25/2013
OMyGod...! HINATA! NOOOO! (QAQ)

#sobbed

Poor... Poor Hinata!

...b-but... Maybe it's for the best than suffer... Hics...

I guess... I'm glad both Sasuke and Naruto passed...!

Sasuke's work definitely professional...! Like assassin...honestly... No hesitate... No hard feeling...

Naruto's work... Not clean, but acceptable in many way...! Especially ha killed a bad guy! Yeah! Naruto still kind and more search bad guy to be killed than anyone...

Sakura absolutely failed... Especially since her choice of people is not good! She caught normal guy... And with her personality like that, not surprise she can't kill him. She should have search bad guy like Naruto...!

I honestly a bit curious how Team 10 kill people...!

Anyway... Great fic!

What a harsh life... :'(

The become mature in no time...
Sinergy chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
Great fic. It's a nice change to see a "realistic" ninja world. It always botherd me that Sarutobi, Kakashi (and literally every other konoah ninja) were considerd morally good people, even though they are responsible for more deaths then they could possibly remember.
aeva elementia chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Great fic- nice way to show the untouched realities in their world. The brutal honesty is appreciated.