Reviews for The Shinobi Test
Haygomez chapter 5 . 7/18
great little story every time I re-read it... except what happens to hinata. feels like a bloody cherry on an already bitter cake. but whatever.
I'd really like to see this crossed with canon. One or more of this world's characters ending up in canon, or vice versa. Culture shock is an understatement.
Morriganna chapter 5 . 3/21
This is the true way of the ninja.
Kairan1979 chapter 5 . 3/7
Glad to see your story showed the truth about shinobi world.
The new genin surely should have a test like this; maybe executing the criminals condemned to death or anything like this. Allowing them to believe that ninja are heroes in shining armor is sending them to death.
And while I'm sad to see Hinata failing the test and committing suicide, she was to nice and kind for that world.
Loner Kid chapter 5 . 10/7/2015
Tragic ending
Loner Kid chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
Oh man naruto's kill was vicious and bloodthirsty and gruesome man
Loner Kid chapter 3 . 10/7/2015
Indeed he should
Loner Kid chapter 2 . 10/7/2015
This is surprisingly interesting
Loner Kid chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Holy shit
I hope its not some kind of trap test
NarutoSpardaUzumaki chapter 5 . 7/25/2015
I loved this story. Shows how naive most stories of Naruto portray the world of the manga. Even the author himself describes the world, or at least the main protagonists, as some sort of heroes who fight the "bad guys" when in reality he shows ninjas like Kakashi who killed since he was six, or Minato, who slaughtered an entire battalion of Iwa shinobi in the Third War.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Because just to test GENIN they kill a random person. The hokage think that just making sure their GENIN can kill is worth the death of an innocent. Also, this info would leak within a decade, if only b/c of the 10 or so amateurish assassinations where novices try, and fail to clean up after themselves
apeljohn chapter 5 . 2/13/2015
Bloody hell, that caught me right in the feels. I will be back to read the sequels as soon as the mental trauma fades.

(This reading session itself was only possible because I'd *mostly* recovered from reading "A Sacrifice For Naruto". You bastard.)
iCaelum chapter 5 . 10/24/2014
Hinata dead. A would read again x10 times. Pretty solid concept for a "first kill, pass/fail" fic.
abbyissoawesome chapter 5 . 8/29/2014
This is great you don't often see fanfic where the people actually act like ninja and kill people just because they were ordered to. I really hate how in cannon they avoid this reality or make it seem bad I mean sure the civies probably see it as bad but these people are fucking ninjas and ninjas have to kill if you can't kill then you'll never make it as a ninja. Again thanks for the great read!
bilingualkyuubi chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
Would have been better if hiashi died in the night and hinata went to kurenai and apologized for not being able to do it when it counted. Less tragic, more f'ed up