Reviews for The Shinobi Test
Bearmauls chapter 5 . 5/4
Wow. So, I actually really liked the story, for the most part. It's something I could easily imagine as belonging in the Naruto-verse if it took itself seriously. The Naruto/Sakura interactions were great.

But damn, that was a crushing end point. I like Hinata, and it was very hard to read that. Again, totally in-keeping with the theme of the work, but it was like a gut punch.
redHussar chapter 5 . 2/14
Maybe it was tragedy, but I always thought, that canon approach, where Naruto never killed anybody, was unrealistic - they are ninja, assassins. And yes, I also think that facing such ultimatum, without any escape route, Naruto would surprisingly be able to do what he is supposed to do.

To be honest, the best way, the most realistic and pragmatic would be to send them to bandid camp - it wouldn't be a test, but good way of desensitization.
Daddymoopoo chapter 5 . 11/9/2016
Far darker than the show and many things I've read, but very well written and thought out. Kudos
Haygomez chapter 5 . 7/18/2016
great little story every time I re-read it... except what happens to hinata. feels like a bloody cherry on an already bitter cake. but whatever.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2016
I'd really like to see this crossed with canon. One or more of this world's characters ending up in canon, or vice versa. Culture shock is an understatement.
Morriganna chapter 5 . 3/21/2016
This is the true way of the ninja.
Kairan1979 chapter 5 . 3/7/2016
Glad to see your story showed the truth about shinobi world.
The new genin surely should have a test like this; maybe executing the criminals condemned to death or anything like this. Allowing them to believe that ninja are heroes in shining armor is sending them to death.
And while I'm sad to see Hinata failing the test and committing suicide, she was to nice and kind for that world.
Loner Kid chapter 5 . 10/7/2015
Tragic ending
Loner Kid chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
Oh man naruto's kill was vicious and bloodthirsty and gruesome man
Loner Kid chapter 3 . 10/7/2015
Indeed he should
Loner Kid chapter 2 . 10/7/2015
This is surprisingly interesting
Loner Kid chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Holy shit
I hope its not some kind of trap test
marsolino chapter 5 . 7/25/2015
I loved this story. Shows how naive most stories of Naruto portray the world of the manga. Even the author himself describes the world, or at least the main protagonists, as some sort of heroes who fight the "bad guys" when in reality he shows ninjas like Kakashi who killed since he was six, or Minato, who slaughtered an entire battalion of Iwa shinobi in the Third War.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Because just to test GENIN they kill a random person. The hokage think that just making sure their GENIN can kill is worth the death of an innocent. Also, this info would leak within a decade, if only b/c of the 10 or so amateurish assassinations where novices try, and fail to clean up after themselves
apeljohn chapter 5 . 2/13/2015
Bloody hell, that caught me right in the feels. I will be back to read the sequels as soon as the mental trauma fades.

(This reading session itself was only possible because I'd *mostly* recovered from reading "A Sacrifice For Naruto". You bastard.)