Reviews for The Shinobi Test
slashAvenger chapter 5 . 7/11/2014
A surprisingly realistic portrayal of an extremely harsh world. I really enjoyed this one just like most of your other stories. Kudos.
Ann chapter 5 . 5/13/2014
They just dropped her and let her be a civilian? What a moronic waste of a resource, especially when she had the abilities to become a medic that never need leave the village (and therefore kill)
Guest chapter 5 . 5/6/2014
wow this is so realistic yet so screwed up :I
the moral implications of a shinobi world though are dark and twisted so this fic makes sense
thanks for writing! :D
a-d Pilot chapter 5 . 11/17/2013
Burn.

There are number of stories where someone utters this word right before they kill someone, but I'll bet the emotion doesn't really come through.
The disgust.
The helplessness.
The rage, hatred, and grief.

Did you know there are two ways of reacting towards the emotions connected to suicide?
The first is well known. Killing yourself so you no longer have to feel the emotions which cause such pain.
The second is rarer and much more difficult to pull off. Killing everyone else. Everyone.
That way what's hurting you can't do so anymore.
Hopefully.

Personally I don't think it would work. But if killing yourself is locked off for whatever reason...what other choice do you have? After all, you won't get a chance to regret killing yourself but might one day be sorry for murdering everyone else.

...However, your story was well written and plausible, though I'd hoped the entire thing was a Genjutsu so they'd gain the psychological effect without having to kill anyone. But with illusion breakers like the sharingan...
And thank you for not killing Sakura as a security risk to the test. Waiting for that potential shoe to drop was unpleasant.
Axcel chapter 5 . 11/1/2013
Personally, I think Hinata would have realized that failing the test would mean never being with Naruto (for the whole caged-bird and married-off thing). That would give her the motivation to pass.
Axcel chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Honestly, I would see the test as chance to remove some scum who really need to disappear but would be problematic for conventional authorities or the villagers to deal with. The perfect target for a shinobi, as that is the kind of target they would usually be hired to remove, anyway. A point to those who would say ninja don't usually do assassinations (which is true, ninja being hired for assassination was fairy rare in ancient times, for good reason).

Ninja would be periodically hired to murder someone like Gato (or a lesser version who only has power in a single village, or something) in ancient times. The difference is political. Assassination is a political, or high-profile, killing. A generic murder (as far as a paid killing goes) is like the above example about a low-level Gato.

Of course, their most common jobs by far were simple reconnaissance. Which doesn't even require infiltration, though they were just as often hired to do so in order to either spy, gather information, sabotage, sow disunity (such as using a captain or generals short sword to murder another captain or general), etc. When the battle came, ninja often fought on the front-lines as soldiers. Albeit, vastly superior soldiers, but still.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 5 . 10/25/2013
OMyGod...! HINATA! NOOOO! (QAQ)

#sobbed

Poor... Poor Hinata!

...b-but... Maybe it's for the best than suffer... Hics...

I guess... I'm glad both Sasuke and Naruto passed...!

Sasuke's work definitely professional...! Like assassin...honestly... No hesitate... No hard feeling...

Naruto's work... Not clean, but acceptable in many way...! Especially ha killed a bad guy! Yeah! Naruto still kind and more search bad guy to be killed than anyone...

Sakura absolutely failed... Especially since her choice of people is not good! She caught normal guy... And with her personality like that, not surprise she can't kill him. She should have search bad guy like Naruto...!

I honestly a bit curious how Team 10 kill people...!

Anyway... Great fic!

What a harsh life... :'(

The become mature in no time...
Sinergy chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
Great fic. It's a nice change to see a "realistic" ninja world. It always botherd me that Sarutobi, Kakashi (and literally every other konoah ninja) were considerd morally good people, even though they are responsible for more deaths then they could possibly remember.
aeva elementia chapter 5 . 6/30/2013
Great fic- nice way to show the untouched realities in their world. The brutal honesty is appreciated.
ReaderNicholas666 chapter 5 . 5/22/2013
It was dark and gritty. I hated hinata's suicide but she really wouldnt have been able to do it. I hate hinata's death but i loved the story. It was so, real, i guess is the word. You described the shinobi world as it is and for that i salute you.
Lord Sia chapter 5 . 4/22/2013
Ouch. Right in the feels, and not in a good way. Still, I can't help but feel that this version is rather more realistic than the original - Ninja aren't supposed to be "nice guys".
Warlock Arkon chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
this greatly resembles the trials of the spartans, the last task of spartan before he became a soldier was to kill a slave and get away with it without being caught
whiskedaway chapter 5 . 3/30/2013
Wow, refreshing change from all those nice and altruistic Naruto fics, where honor and mercy seems to be so important for each Konoha ninja.
Velocityshade chapter 5 . 3/29/2013
This story was really excellent - I hope to see you continue it...oh wait, you have! Hopefully you'll continue the continuations?
Creare92 chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
Is it bad to say I liked it?
What you write makes sense, the harshness of the world is sometimes exaggerated, most often glossed over, but I think you handle the balance very well.
356 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »