Reviews for The Shinobi Test
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
There's some big things to hate about this story, and I was all set to tear into it (and possibly the author's breeding). But, It almost redeemed itself halfway into the Sakura chapter. It might have actually been worth slogging through the fallacies to get to that. (The chapters were mercifully short.)

Alas, the story ends with trite "cruel and unforgiving world" malarkey. Making it ultimately a mediocre waste of time. (The writing mechanics were good for FF, though.)

I'm off to trash the idiot who recommended this.
3 chapter 5 . 11/19/2012
I wonder if that counts as a kill.
IN DEATH YOU BECAME A SHINOBI HINATA! GO YOU!

I would have loved to see where this story went, but I suppose this is enough.
Ibskib chapter 5 . 10/30/2012
A sad story, especially what happened to Hinata, although it is probably the best attempt at making the Naruto world more realistic (for a given value of realism) and more 'adult'.
Kythorian chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
Harsh...but a much more realistic view of how Naruto's world would HAVE to be, given what we know about it, discarding Naruto's inherent insane idealism.

Though honestly I do doubt they would have a test like this even in a realistic world like that one. Even if they are technically adults when they are ninja, you break them into the reality of that slowly. Most people can be eventually broken down and rebuilt up to the point they can do something like this if they see it as necessary, but all of the sudden, with no real warning to prepare themselves, and as 12 year olds? Something like this would probably have a 70-80% failure rate. Give them a few more years...some bandit kills and kills in self defense and getting more used to following orders, whatever those orders are, and that rate would probably reverse. And even the 20-30 percent who still couldn't go trough with killing an innocent(or innocent-ish) could still be useful. They just threw away Sakura, who has the potential to be one of the most skilled medic-nins ever born. She could never even go on missions anymore after making chuunin, and never make a kill at ALL, innocent or otherwise, and still be very useful to Konoha. And others that can't could easily also just be dumped into the police force.
Yoholic chapter 5 . 9/19/2012
An excellent finish to the series, preferred sasuke's chapter to the rest
OBSERVER01 chapter 5 . 9/17/2012
wow!interesting hinata
zrodeathwing chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
the only reason this plot doesnt work for me at all is because of missing nin
as soon as someone leaves konoha for another village or just to leave the village they could easily state konohas secrets
while your writing is great this story is something i just cant get behind
loretta537 chapter 5 . 9/3/2012
this was a good story
Preier chapter 5 . 8/30/2012
harsh. just about as much as a very new ninja would have to be...

thank you for sharing your stories.
flame55 chapter 5 . 8/29/2012
Wow this is great
Trace Reading chapter 4 . 8/28/2012
Disagree with your assessment of genin being 'weak'. It's a rank, not a power scale. Soldiers might never progress past corporal; it doesn't mean that they're stupid or have no skills, it just means they're not leadership material. That is one thing the manga and anime keeps stressing: most of the missions are led by chuunin, meaning that in order to attain the rank you have to prove yourself capable of making sound decisions both in and out of combat.
Foxcomm chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Another good one. It's sad in it's own way. Not that Sakura or even Hinata, a long time favorite of mine, failed. I'm not even sure what it is that makes me feel saddened. I just know that when I started reading this, I was smiling and now I'm not. A clear sign this is a good story. Anything that can change the feelings of the readers that drasticly is really something.
Barranca chapter 5 . 8/25/2012
A much more realistic look at the ninja profession than the one in the books. Although Konoha would have more shinobi when trying to introduce them to the brutalities of their reality more carefully, it makes sense to weed out those who cannot stomach it. I don't think that Sakura would have liked the missions she would have been sent later on in her career, had she succeeded...
Samuraiguy2 chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
You know what? I think that at the end, Naruto had the easier kill. He actually had a reason to do so which in my opinion just made the test easier and more bearable.
125b chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
i have to say i love the real ninja world that is portrayed here more then the candy coated we better not kill the enemy world in naruto
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »