Reviews for Tribulations
minshe chapter 7 . 12h
OK so this is the ONLY Isaac/oc story series out there that I could find. I absolutely love it and it would break my heart for it not to be completed. Please don't let it fall to the wayside and be forgotten.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 7 . 12/15/2014
intriguing chapter.:D i like it
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 7 . 7/31/2014
I'm a bit late at replying, but this is another great chapter. The fight scene was portrayed very well. I also liked how Ria's feelings were brought to the surface by Joachim. I look forward to another character when you post it.
DezoPenguin chapter 7 . 7/21/2014
Hee hee; it's pretty clear that Ria has never played Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (or Portrait of Ruin), or she'd know that Maria does not need help to take on anybody's mid-boss! (Yeah, I know, it's a meta-gaming joke and that story does not equal gameplay, but it's still a pretty funny comment when considering that ten-year-old Maria and her cute animal friends are the most badass vampire hunters of the series.)

So, the first fight against Joachim, and while Ria and Isaac managed to hold their own, it looks like even despite his overconfidence Joachim was quite capable of standing them off...until the presence of Sara caused him to basically melt down. It really makes me wonder what he's talking about, "Angel of Death" and all that. Now, you've added to the canon story by increasing his connection with her while Sara was imprisoned by Walter, but either way, in canon Joachim would have been dead before Sara was killed and became the spirit inhabiting the Vampire Killer, so he would only know of her as a living person being corrupted into a vampire. So, the question is, what in this changed timeline has caused him to regard her in such a fearful aspect? Why can he see her, and what about her makes her seem such a fearful apparition?

Good action scene, and the plot shows no signs of thinning out any time soon!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 7 . 7/13/2014
Awesome fight scene! Very nicely done :D And I loved Joachim's dialogue in this chapter.
Fan Of Games chapter 7 . 6/28/2014
Quite an excellent battle between Ria with Isaac on her side and Joachim. I suspect Joachim's behavior around Sara is probably brought on by a deep sense of guilt that unconsciously caused him to feel fear in her presence, though I'm not sure why he can see her.

In any case, kudos on completing another chapter of Tribulations. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Regarding tips on organization, I suggest you get a notebook with multiple sections or create folders on your computer for word documents and other related documents and name those folders so that you'll know what goes where. Do the same with the notebook and get more if you need to.

By the way, do you remember the idea I suggested back in Trials? I had been thinking about the idea a little more and thought it might be interesting to include Zephyr in the story as a sort of observer who is simply watching what Paranoia does. You don't need to write the story if you don't want to or if you find there may not be time to get to it; I just thought to remind you in case you forgot about it.
Jaggerwolf chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
Time traveling? Shit's gonna go down lol. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. Know it's gonna be awesome
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 6 . 1/7/2014
I'm glad that your life is going well for you. Congratulations on everything. Ah, another cliffhanger. Well the best fanfics often have these. I'm excited for the interaction between Ria/Isaac and Joachim. So excited! Looking forward to the next chapter when you get to uploading it.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 6 . 12/30/2013
nice
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 6 . 12/28/2013
Cliffhanger of doom! Heehee. Great chapter ending, though, because it's left me in eager anticipation of whatever might come out of Joachim's mouth next. And poor Sara :( Also, at some point in this chapter, I muttered "Where's the poop, Isaac?" lol
HMChiqui65 chapter 6 . 12/22/2013
This story never ceases to amaze me especially on this chapter. I'm glad that things are going well for you. Enjoy your baby :) time goes a lot faster than you think as he grows everyday. Good luck with everything!
Fan Of Games chapter 6 . 12/22/2013
The more I read this story, the more interesting it gets. I'm seriously looking forward to reading the next chapter. It'd be great to see Ria and Isaac take on Joachim. Keep up the good work and good luck.

Congratulations on having your baby and getting that promotion! I hope your baby is healthy and grows up into a fine boy. Best of luck with your job and raising him!
DezoPenguin chapter 6 . 12/16/2013
Congratulations on the dual promotion to mother and to manager! Stay sane, and we'll be here for further chapters when you can fit them in.

Cliffhanger, indeed...I wonder, is it "this" timeline's Alucard recognizing that Sara and Isaac are out of place and the "too" refers to him meeting Joachim previously? Or is it the "normal" Alucard recognizing fellow time-trapped people? Complicated, complicated!

(Minor LOLs at Maria's stubbornness. Mind you, as anyone who's played either Rondo or Portrait knows, she's got her reasons for her confidence; she's always been three times the vampire hunter that Richter ever was, in gameplay even if not in narrative. Playing Portrait of Ruin with her and those machine-gun doves that are her *normal* attack really hammers it home!)
Princess Unikitty chapter 6 . 12/15/2013
Hi there, friend, it sure has been a while. This chapter was pretty dang good, keep it up
Fan Of Games chapter 5 . 7/17/2013
Very nice chapter. It is indeed short, but the build up to what's next is just perfect. The way you began with how the woman died at Joachim's hands is interesting since we know he was behind it, but the characters have to investigate further to discover his identity.

Also, good luck with your baby shower!

I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter; keep up the good work and good luck.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »