Reviews for Tribulations
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 5 . 7/10/2013
Omg, I love how you capture Joachim in this piece. Very nicely done.
DezoPenguin chapter 5 . 7/10/2013 makes me wonder if Joachim isn't, like Ria and Isaac, time-trapped. The reason why is that if Joachim wasn't around to be killed by Leon (and his orb taken), then Leon wouldn't have gotten in to fight Walter, and the Belmont family wouldn't have started, even though that clearly has happened. (Unless Matthias intervened, since he wasn't the type to let his plans be upset just because a mid-boss decided to skip out on his job...) So possibly Sara's fading problem isn't because she's in two places at once, it's because she's not supposed to exist at all in this new timeline... Confusing stuff.

Interesting that Elegance Boy (as I think of Joachim) would instead be bestial and sloppy in his feeding, especially after all his internal narration about being above that. I guess you just can't tell a vampire by his bishonen-ness! He's going to be quite the obstacle to deal with while trying to patch the timeline...

And poor Ria! You know you're having a bad day when you successfully masquerade as the opposite sex without actually trying to do so! *grin*
Princess Unikitty chapter 5 . 7/6/2013
another well written chapter!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
Daww, I love how Isaac comforts Ria. And the one room/two rooms joke, heehee. Was so fun to "return" to Belmont manor :D Talk about tripping out.
DezoPenguin chapter 4 . 4/29/2013
I was especially fond of the bit at the end, where Ria connects with her family history. We, the readers (and therefore the players of Castlevania games) have been steeped in the storyline of the games and how they connect together (which in itself is a good thing for this story, since the time travel issues deal with the fragmenting of that timeline and we can watch as you trace the changes).

Speaking of those changes, it appears that Richter still exists and still wields the Vampire Killer, and apparently has been possessed by Shaft...only there's no Alucard to free him! Looks like it's time for Ria and Isaac to play Symphony of the Night!
Fan Of Games chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
I just read this chapter, and I must say it's really good. The introduction of Annette and her and Maria's interaction with Ria and Isaac was a nice touch. Kudos to you for that.

By the way, I wish you more congratulations on the pregnancy and hope your son grows up strong and healthy. Good luck with your job and your writing!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
I like the cleverness you added in their first encounter with Maria. Also, I like how Ria showed emotions about encountering familiar yet very strange settings, making her seem more and more like a real person instead of a fictional character with every chapter you write.
sentfromsilence37 chapter 3 . 2/3/2013
This was a good one. Badass Ria is my favorite Ria. Also, I'm something of a sucker for characters with an extremely sharp sense of loyalty, such as Ria to Keisha, even through death. I'm looking very forward to the next chapter!
hunny eiz chapter 3 . 1/26/2013
I look forward to your next chapter! I have read Untested, Trials, and Lullaby of Dissent. I'm a huge Castlevania and Isaac fan and I must say that your writing is remarkable. Keep it up!
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Oh, God, I loved that chapter title. It was too perfect.

Wonderful work in this chapter! I loved the sense of urgency in Ria as she was trying to figure out what had gone wrong. Oh, and Ria's little sci-fi geek outburst. And yay for Maria :)
DezoPenguin chapter 3 . 1/21/2013
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, and you have whatever the sympathy of a random story reviewer person is worth from me. Hmmm, so we're back in "Symphony of the Night's" general area. Well, that's certainly a selling point right there! And now Sara's pain makes sense, because if in 1797 the possessed Richter still had the Vampire Killer and Alucard wasn't there to thwart Shaft, then wherever the VK ended up it definitely wouldn't be in the hands of the Belmont heirs (heck, there might not even *be* Belmont heirs in this timeline) so in essence the time rift is trying to make her be in two places at once, or even make her exist and not exist at the same time! I wonder if anyone will remember Isaac and mistake him for a villain (probably just Alucard, and/or Death, honestly, unless someone's been doing a lot of research).
MaidenofAlchemy chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
O,o Nice chapter.
Fan Of Games chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
I just finished reading this chapter, and I must say it was awesome. I seriously love how you're going right into the lore of Castlevania by bringing Maria Renard into the story like what you did with Joachim and St. Germain. That's one reason why I love reading this Castlevania series; you really include as much or all of the proper lore where it needs to be and where it can fit into the stories. Kudos on this fine job you've done.

By the way, my condolences on the loss of your mother. May she rest in peace.

Also, congratulations on your pregnancy! And before I forget, I hope you get that new job you applied for, and good luck with it!

One last thing I just wanted to bring up before I wrap this up: a week or so ago I published a Skyrim fanfiction for the Elder Scrolls universe. It's entitled Roots of Corruption, and it's a massive crossover story between Skyrim and several other games-plus a movie, since one of the monsters in the story was partly inspired by a movie villain-though it mainly takes place in Skyrim. If you've heard of Skyrim and are interested in it, feel free to give my story a read if you want.

Alright, I'll wrap it up here. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work and good luck.
Slinky-and-the-BloodyWands chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
Ohhh, I absolutely loved the way you introduced the missing Keisha memories. Very well done! Consider me extremely intrigued to see what happens next. This story is shaping up to be an awesome sequel!
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »