Reviews for Absolute Zero
Miss Carrot chapter 11 . 7/18
Oh dear. So, I am trying to write this comment for, uh, the tenth time probably, because I am not really sure what I should say. I mean, I could just yell "yes please and thank you" or "headcanon accepted on all levels", but hey, it's a great fic and you deserve better. Because you did a great thing here, character development-wise - how you portrayed the changes caused by the good fight, and simply by growing up, is something I could rant about at great lengths. I like how Roy has his regrets about leaving the superhero thing behind even though he doesn't actually regret it - and that he does maintain at least some of his friendships from the times before Lian. And his relationship with his daughter is so precious (Lian is a little sunshine but that much is obvious), it's great how it allows him to mend his ties with people around him too. I won't even start about Kaldur, because seriously, it's heartbreaking and so believable, and so ugly that Orin and Garth have left him alone (but still, I can believe that) - and how he feels responsible for losses on all sides of the battle, this poor guild-hoarding creature. I'd love to see him finding a sense of himself again, because I am sure that Roy and Lian and Artemis would do anything to help him recover as much as he can. (Oh dear and maybe he'd have a chance to sort out things with Manta somehow, poor boy, it must have shattered his heart to pieces). Uh, well - sorry for the rambling anyway, but I thought that I should thank you for this story. It was great to read it - and it becomes better with every re-reading.
angelzcry chapter 11 . 6/6
This is honestly so well written idek what to say? It was such a pleasant surprise to stumble upon this fic. Even if you never come back to it, it's still one of the best reads I've had in the UK fandom. I love how you were able to portray the fact that they had grown without making them seem completely out of character. I love, love, love how you addressed all that Kaldur would have been going through after coming back. How difficult it would be for him to be the person he was before the mission, the chance that he actually could have bonded with his father on some level, and interacted with others on the ship as people and nit just as fellow soldiers/ henchmen. Also, the bond that Artemisia and Kaldur MUST have formed. Kaldur and Megan's mutual uneasiness with each other bc you don't just forget about someone forcefully tearing into your mind, no matter the circumstance. I can't even list everything. This was just super awesome. You did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing your writing.
sirensbane chapter 5 . 3/12
Roy definitely has some experience with dealing with children by now. He handled everything really well with his daughter. It's good to know he's developed some sensitivity. I'm really enjoying the story; everyone is in character and the writing is good. I look forward to reading the rest
Guest chapter 11 . 11/7/2015
Your work is always a treasure to read :)
CluainnFhada chapter 11 . 10/4/2015
Bro. Bro this is like. Whoa.

Also like, no.

Mostly like, I might cry soon.

Keep it up!
Skydollie chapter 11 . 6/26/2015
I love your story! It is written amazingly and characterization is great. I can't wait to see what you do with it next! Looking forward to the next update!
spiritghostings chapter 11 . 6/16/2015
i am shamed - i have no idea why i havent read this fic before, but it is sheer ART. thank you so much for this wonderful gem in the kaldur/roy universe, i am awed and eagerly awaiting more. as always your characterizations and stories are spot-on and brilliant. and lian is freaking adorable, oh my lord.
fanficchica123 chapter 11 . 6/16/2015
I'm so glad you got back to this and I can't wait for you to write more ;)
CNightJoy chapter 11 . 6/16/2015
So glad for an update. I really hope for some more Kaldur and Roy moments. Roy is probably one of the best to give him support right now. Can't wait for more!
digiwriter1392 chapter 10 . 9/12/2014
Well this is awesome.
finaljoy chapter 10 . 8/26/2014
Oh, this was great! I loved the conversation between Roy and Kaldur, and how they actually spoke about something, rather than just said words. I'm so intrigued about what's going to happen next!
finaljoy chapter 6 . 8/26/2014
This story, man. I've bern devouring it, so there hasn't really been time to review, but aaaaaaaaugh, it's so good I can cry. You have absolutely nailed the feel if the show, and the pointed heartbreak that comes with superheroing.

Like, this is exquisite. The tension Roy has with everyone, and how he has to fix things is awesome, varying from person to person. And Kaldur, oh man. The changes in him are so understandable, but so painful! A part of me wants to sit down and cry, but it hurts so good and I need to know what's happening next!
finaljoy chapter 2 . 8/26/2014
Oh my goodness, where has this story been all my life? I want to lay down amd cey, it's so goooood. I absolutely adore how you portray everyone, but Roy especially. You've struck this beautiful balance of grumpy, loyal, and guilty, and yet still managed to keep his snarky humor.

I also love your pacing. There's a good mix of self-reflection, dialogue, and action, and your action scenes flow so well. I love it I love it I love it. I am so excited to read more :)
RogueLuce chapter 10 . 7/29/2014
Lovely story!Ther Roy/kaldur relationship is seriously well done!Can't wait for the next update!
Guest chapter 10 . 7/14/2014
I was under the impression that this was just a slice of life fic bt I'm starting to change my mind now. Keep up the good work!