Reviews for Second Chances
KTMac66 chapter 60 . 2/4
Love this story every time I read it.
To the guest who left a message on ch. 32 - you were warned .
I am enjoying the story, but not Harry's reaction to being constantly spanked at 13 years old, and over every little thing. As much as Harry is desperate for someone to care for him, and a steady parent, this is tyrannical and I don't see anyone putting up with it in this way, or resigning themselves to it to this extent.

Maybe it's because I come from a bunch of intensely I dependent people who absolutely would never out up with being smacked (at age 5 I refused to leave my bedroom for over 24h until my dad promised not to spank me again).

I have read until chapter 32, and have been hoping that Snape would at least begin to realize that this level of physicality is not helpful to growing anything but a robot who doesn't think for himself and just takes orders (and Snape is intellectual enough to not support that level of unthinking obedience). I hope that Snape can add a significant level of connection and understanding in the near future, especially since he had a horrendous childhood himself.

Don't get me wrong, I can deal with a certain amount of corporal punishment, just not blind obedience, as us expected so far.
fanclaire chapter 59 . 10/8/2019
Wahou !...MERCI!
Je pensais que Snape ne l'aurait peut-être pas puni. Harry lui a montré de la confiance en lui avouant. C'était a tellement d'amour pour Snape!
Mais il aime aussi Sirius , différemment ...
Après connaissant Snape,il ne pouvait pas laisser passer.
Sa main était suffisante, punitivement et émotionnellement .
Il a été toujours.
Snape parle de Harry comme son fils depuis quelques chapitres, mais Harry ne dit jamais "papa" ?J'adore le réconfort !
Sirius lui laissera je arriveront à s'entendre.
Merci
fanclaire chapter 56 . 10/8/2019
Il le remet,le remet ,le remet...dit le lui Harry !
S'il te plaît !
J'espère que Sirius laissera Harry avec Snap et restera le parrain qui est le rôle qui lui va à merveille ,pour s'amuser et faire des bêtises avec Harry.
Mon ventre est stressé de savoir Merci !
( en fait le site avait buggé, il y a encore pleins d'histoires que je n'ai pas lu!)
fanclaire chapter 47 . 10/8/2019
Je fais partie de ceux qui en ont profité !
Relation père -fils magnifique ! comme je les aime !
Harry mérité une fessée sévère.
Snap est juste.
Merci!
fanclaire chapter 33 . 10/7/2019
J'ai pleuré ,merci ! Je suis si contente pour Harry !
C'est son père légalement maintenant !
Tu sais que c'est ce que j'adore !et alors là ça y'est tu as conquis
mon coeur aussi avec cette histoire !(peut-être plus qu'avec une fessée!)
Snape a été patient avec les dursley ! J'avais envie qu'il les punisse !Et une bonne fessée à dudley ne lui aurait pas fait de mal !
Je suis sur qu'il en avait tellement envie !

Merci pour cette histoire aussi !
fanclaire chapter 30 . 10/7/2019
Merci ! J'adore la relation père /fils !...,,
Snape est sévère mais juste !
fanclaire chapter 22 . 10/7/2019
J'adore vraiment beaucoup cette histoire aussi !
On retrouve Snap en papa ! Merci
Gryffindork Geek chapter 4 . 8/25/2019
Loving your fanfic so far, you write so good I can feel how Harry and Severus are feeling, your just as good as J.K. Rowling.
wx4rmk chapter 59 . 8/23/2019
Another wonderful Harry Potter series you have written here! Being a avid child of mine reader, it's pleasant to see the difference between your two Snapes. He is a bit more stern here, more like canon, but there is still that underlying love and care for Harry that the COM Snape is known for. Looking forward to catching up with part 2!
ScotlandFaerie chapter 21 . 3/2/2019
monitor/2012/04/spanking
jenastefany chapter 35 . 2/11/2019
This story is melting my heart, I adore your writing style. Snape and Harry’s poignant bond is so well written.
SkylerHollow chapter 1 . 1/11/2019
So just finished binge reading the full story and before starting the second part wanted to let you know, "Great story" it was incredibly fun to read. From the sweet scenes the thought provoking of how people with those type of backgrounds could fill for each other to the (at least to me) bitter cringe moments when you are just screaming at Harry for the things he did yet at the same time knowing that feeling so well of not wanting to tell people who would be angry. I think the best analogy I can think of is how it's a compare of do you tell for a guaranteed anger, or do you try to hide it for a "possible" but worse anger/punishment. Most children I have seen will often go for the "possible" route just because they hope that it will work.
Liz Jean Tonks chapter 60 . 12/31/2018
Hey there,
many stories with Snape as a father figure are just weird, with Snape being way too gentle or Harry not disliking him. In your story though, you took yourself the time to create a realistic relationship between the two of them. I mean, your fic is at least twice the length of the first HP-book! And that shows. I cannot recall reading a more realistic Snape/Harry fic.
Because Snape isn't perfect. He has to learn, he is not good with children. He is cruel, at times. He expects respect. And actually, him and Harry are very different. But they grow to love each other. Reading this was lovely.
2,145 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »