Reviews for A kind of magic
ShebasDawn chapter 15 . 8/11
Wow, this chapter was so powerful!

First, I love the reason you gave for them being tortured - not just because they were prisoners, but because they were suspected of knowing about a planned Orlesian invasion.

Second, I loved the flashback! It never occurred to me that there could be more to the story of the earring than what Zev tells us, but this is really cool - having it be a present for Rinna first, endowing it with even more meaning when he presents it to Tara: "She was supposed to be wearing it. He was free, and she was supposed to be wearing it, so that he could always see it on her ear, a constant reminder of how careful he had to be. A gift. A trophy. A warning." Beautiful!

Third, I didn't see a single error, so you really don't need to worry about a beta. :)

Also, the reunion was so well done! This was so moving:

She opened tears-filled eyes to look at him. "Please be real…" she said, her voice so low, so raw, so broken…
"I am here," he said, for what else could he say? What else mattered?
A strangled sob escaped her, then a cry of pain. Soon she was half-sobbing, half-screaming, and he held her hand, repeating: "I am here, I am here," as if it could make it all better.

It gave me chills. :D Loved this chapter, and I can't wait for more!
shom chapter 15 . 8/10
Good to see your update! Poor Zevran!
Kitcat chapter 15 . 8/10
Shit its good to see you still update this.
Lady Velvet C. Peterson chapter 11 . 3/17
that is awesomesauce!
Lady Velvet C. Peterson chapter 4 . 3/17
omg dying that's awesome...
Inveleth chapter 14 . 2/17
Once again I must tell you how much I enjoy your story.
Last chapter is mind blowing.
Zevran personality is very complex one, not only lust and jokes, but soul full of fear hidden deeper, craving for freedom.
Excellent use of cliffhanger at the end of chapter.
I hope we won't have to wait long for another one.
Tara really chapter 14 . 2/17
Just found this fic and I can't wait for more! You're amazing!
KrystylSky chapter 14 . 2/16
Omg zev will lose his shiznit when she's in prison lol this is great!
ShebasDawn chapter 13 . 1/1
Aww, this was an awesome chapter! If this is how good you do on your own, I really don't see the need for you to have a beta reader. I wouldn't have been able to tell if you hadn't said so in your notes. :)
Arialla MacAllister chapter 13 . 12/24/2014
Well, un-beta-d and all, I love this chapter. I love it because of the depth of caring you have for these characters and the way you tell their stories. I love that Leliana is the one helping Zevran, because the parallels there are so great. I love the conversation between Tara and Wynne. Thanks for continuing this story!
ivanescapist chapter 13 . 12/23/2014
I really missed your writing, it's fantastic and while I'm not a native speaker, I think your grammar is good enough. nothing confused me. you should carry on, with or without a beta!
cyarian chapter 4 . 12/8/2014
A very fun read, loved the banter in this chapter
pitkat chapter 12 . 7/12/2014
I really enjoyed these shorts! You've kept Zevran in great character, and your hero is quite hilarious. You haven't updated in a long while, but I hope you continue to write the shorts until finished. Happy writing!
AndAgain chapter 12 . 3/19/2014
My review:

I believe I have made myself clear.

...REALLY though, your Zevran is fantastic, and I love your spunky warden!
ShebasDawn chapter 12 . 2/14/2014
Oh, this was wonderful! Especially the last one. Bravo!