Reviews for A kind of magic
Sporksoma chapter 17 . 8/21
Thank you thank you for the new chapters!

Zevran is bloody mule-headed :D

I love Tara threatening Ignacio. I was supremely disappointed that you didn't have the option in-game to ask about Zevran, especially if you're romancing him (and yay my autocorrect has finally learned Zevran!) and I think Tara handled it quite well.

Waiting patiently for the next chapter, 10 Internets for the road!
shom chapter 1 . 8/15
I just looove this first chapter! Tara is the best!
tiaran chapter 17 . 8/15
Hi I just wanna let you know that yours is my favourite story and Im always squeeing when I see you update. Sorry for not commenting before but this is... Amazing. I love your Warden and your Zavran and your plot UGH! I love it! All!
Alicy-sunberg chapter 17 . 8/15
That chapter was so full of badassness I'm still trying to process what just happened. Zevran too, so it seems... Haha. Tara was so fearsome I had some chills!
SquooshySyn chapter 17 . 8/15
I'm so so happy that you're continuing this!
I mean it wholeheartedly when I say this in my absolute favorite DA fic, Tara is so scarily similar to my headcanon Warden (albeit mines a Rogue city elf) and her love for Zev, that it sometimes feels like you've snuck into my head and created this amazing fic around my own warden lol
I initially stuck with your fic because of Tara's humor, her sarcastic care free approach to life and her party members was so much fun to read and such a breath of fresh air. But what really made me fall in love with her was when she broke down in her tent for the first time, when she thought no one was watching. You rarely see this depicted in such a tangible way, that hopelessness of quite literally having the weight of the world on your shoulders. When you found out that she did this nearly every day and then would bottle it all back up and carry on like nothing happened, it felt so relatable and human.
You're ability to mix hard hitting emotional struggles with comedy is brilliantly done.
Just know, wether you update every week/month or year, you have a fan for life :D
shom chapter 17 . 8/15
So happy to see your update! Hope life is treating you better. This update was wonderful! What Tara says and does in the bedroom was surprising but made sense! And Zev listening to all of that has blown his mind!
Arialla MacAllister chapter 17 . 8/14
"Keeping his distance would not keep her safe anymore." - That sums things up quite well! I love how you have him overhear the conversation with Master Ignacio, rather than being present in the room as a participant. Why does the thought that he could stay fill Zev with such dread indeed!
AerisSerris chapter 17 . 8/14
Exciting update! I can only imagine Ignacio's response to that. Probably not a very pretty one, I reckon.

I hope things get better for you!
Sporksoma chapter 1 . 8/5
This is the best fanfic I have ever read. This is hilarious and touching. Pleeeeeeease continue it!
shom chapter 16 . 4/1
Just finished re reading this story. I love your mage Tara and of course Zev! Why they are the way they are. Love it!
Thankgoood chapter 16 . 12/12/2015
Bless this fic
Bloodsong 13T chapter 16 . 12/12/2015
fantastic!

and good on you, zev! don't open those doors!
ShebasDawn chapter 16 . 12/12/2015
WOW! Oh KC, you've really outdone yourself this time! This story gave me chills, and I was both terrified and heartbroken at the same time. I've never felt anything quite like it - and I have *never* read anything that *literally* made my heart pound like this story did!

This is just...words fail me, and 'amazing' isn't nearly strong enough. *hugs* That's how much I love this.
ShebasDawn chapter 15 . 8/11/2015
Wow, this chapter was so powerful!

First, I love the reason you gave for them being tortured - not just because they were prisoners, but because they were suspected of knowing about a planned Orlesian invasion.

Second, I loved the flashback! It never occurred to me that there could be more to the story of the earring than what Zev tells us, but this is really cool - having it be a present for Rinna first, endowing it with even more meaning when he presents it to Tara: "She was supposed to be wearing it. He was free, and she was supposed to be wearing it, so that he could always see it on her ear, a constant reminder of how careful he had to be. A gift. A trophy. A warning." Beautiful!

Third, I didn't see a single error, so you really don't need to worry about a beta. :)

Also, the reunion was so well done! This was so moving:

She opened tears-filled eyes to look at him. "Please be real…" she said, her voice so low, so raw, so broken…
"I am here," he said, for what else could he say? What else mattered?
A strangled sob escaped her, then a cry of pain. Soon she was half-sobbing, half-screaming, and he held her hand, repeating: "I am here, I am here," as if it could make it all better.

It gave me chills. :D Loved this chapter, and I can't wait for more!
shom chapter 15 . 8/10/2015
Good to see your update! Poor Zevran!