Reviews for Inquiry
nahte123456 chapter 39 . 1/13
I love the story, it's not at all what I thought it was(when I read the summary I thought it would be all of the various fellows and some other doctors just talking to each other about particularly good cases)but it was better than all of my expectations were, by a huge amount.

The things I especially love is that every one is in character(more or less) and that is was well thought out, the tumor thing especially is nothing I never thought of(than again my medical knowledge is nil so that's to be expected). The characters were the focus, and they were done well, the inclusion of people like Rachel, Milton, or Lydia for example were well done and I greatly enjoyed them.

I feel it was a little unfair to Wilson and Cuddy, simply because while they were massively in the wrong, working with house takes it toll, but that went away as time went on. If there was one character I didn't like the portrayal of it was Foreman, I don't like the guy, but throw the guy a bone now and than, he's done some good and he seemed to be a genuine friend to Chase at the end of the series.

All in all I loved the story, it was well thought out and the characters were great.
(Also this made me realize that House' father was a marine, and so was Gibbs, maybe they met way back than, didn't see each other for 30/40 years, that would either be horrible or great)
hedwigsart chapter 39 . 10/18/2015
Yes. Yes, yes, yes, YES! This was SO RIGHT on so many levels. My eyes are wet and I'm trying not to sob as I'm writing this. This gives me the closure I didn't know I needed so much. This was a very interesting piece of art, from start to finish - I have to congratulate you on not only getting the character voices of more than 15 canon characters completely, perfectly right, bringing believable OCs in to flesh out the story and giving 'discarded' characters (like Dobson) new and great storylines and still keeping so amazingly close to canon, all the while obviously having researched the legal and medical matters in such a superb manner that you could believably write such a story. You gave us insight on the horrible things we (as viewers of the show) have let the characters get away with - I know that no one is a saint on House M.D., but one does seem to forget that House himself is not the only manipulator at times. Your explanation of brain damage fits perfectly. As I have said in an earlier review, I'd rather read fanfics than rewatch episodes, because of precisely the stuff that got brought up in this fic - mostly because in this fandom, most of the writers would rather stick to slightly more favourable characters than actually depicted in canon... Or are plainly in denial about how certain episodes or even whole seasons happened. Then again, that makes this fanfic so much more brilliant - you don't compromise canon in the slightest and still manage to add something great into it. This is one of the greatest works of fanfiction I've read and I'll definitely read more of your work. I draw my proverbial hat before you. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing piece of writing.
hedwigsart chapter 33 . 10/18/2015
''Really, Dr. Cuddy, what were you thinking?" Sums up these chapters.

"Do you also realize that giving him a placebo would not mean his pain was psychological… just that he'd felt some relief because of the placebo effect, which can be temporarily effective on physical pain?"

(Thank you for calling them out on this - I felt like this was really one of the biggest blunders they made medically)

"Even though you had been underpaying him for years and personally benefitting from his international reputation?"
(And having us think that House is the only manipulative Bastard on the show)

Great chapter, thanks.
hedwigsart chapter 30 . 10/18/2015
I guess the truth of the matter is that, when it really counted, he was a far better friend to me than I was to him.

And I just wish that Wilson came to that realisation sooner, preferably in, like, the first season. Seriously, thanks for writing this. It was really painful to read.
hedwigsart chapter 28 . 10/18/2015
'I'm at a loss, Dr. Wilson…'

Exactly sums up my feelings right now. Thank you for 'calling him out on that'. (Though at this point, I'm not sure how conscious the Writers were of having Wilson do that much Damage to his alleged best friend. And how this was always glossed over. Probably that's why I'd rather read fanfic than re watch episodes - As much as I accept that the writers make the canon, I just can't get over all this shit they had Wilson and Cuddy pull.)
hedwigsart chapter 21 . 10/18/2015
If the two of them had put his pain issues ahead of their own concerns about his drug use, the end result might have been very different.

If he'd had the kind of support that he deserved… that any human being deserves… perhaps the end result might not have been so unfortunate."

AMEN TO THAT!
hedwigsart chapter 15 . 10/18/2015
I have to say, you just seem to 'get' the characters perfectly. Loved to read this, I really love your OCs because they fit right into canon. Thank you
hedwigsart chapter 14 . 10/18/2015
Another perfect Chapter. I particularly agree with Dobson in his last sentences. Lovely idea of what might have happened after Dobson disappeared from the Show - again, goes straight into my headcanon. I'm running out of words to express how I feel about this most amazing fic.
hedwigsart chapter 13 . 10/18/2015
Loved this chapter, all the things Elliott remembers House did go straight into my head canon. May I do some illustrations based of this? You should have been a writer for the show - it would have benefited greatly.
hedwigsart chapter 11 . 10/18/2015
I agree with everything in your authors note - having binge-watched all episodes of the show pretty recently, I am in awe with how right this all feels. You didn't deviate from canon in the least, as far as I can tell. And yay, Alvie :)
hedwigsart chapter 9 . 10/18/2015
It seems as though I want to thank you for every chapter and agree with you massively, so I'm sorry for the spam - but as every other chapter, this was so true. So IC, so... Right. I just wish that this would have happened on the show.
hedwigsart chapter 8 . 10/18/2015
*clapping* One hell of a chapter - thank you for taking the CHRONIC pain issue so much more serious than the writers of the show. Switching someone who was in chronic pain and hurting massively even on such high doses of hydrocone to IBUPROFEN? Seriously? That's when I gave up my faith in the writers. Also, that they Wrote it off as psychosomatic when it fit them and never showed House consulting a pain specialist which I'm pretty sure he would have. Also, thanks for calling out Cuddy and Wilson on not accommodating for his disability in the previous chapters - sure, House himself wanted to deny it, but if they were truly concerned, they shouldn't have let him pull all the stunts (and shouldn't have made him pull them, like crawling around in the rubble in Trenton, for example) he did and understood WHY he was late and didn't want to do clinic duty. Sorry for the mini-rant. Thanks for the great fic.
hedwigsart chapter 5 . 10/18/2015
Commenting again - I'm blown away. I think you have gotten the characterisations and character voices down perfectly. I'm so thankful that this story is complete
hedwigsart chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
This seems to be very promising - I really love your way with words, giving just the right amount of details - strong character voice, too. I could picture it in my head perfectly. Can't wait to read more.
Phoenix4416 chapter 39 . 5/31/2015
Wow. This was such an amazing piece of fiction, it had me riveted from the get go. It is also apparent that you did your homework medically in regards to Vicodin, something few others would have or if they had (production writers, I'm looking at you) wouldn't have realised the distinction that is made between delusions and fantasy (although there was one delusional case reported I found out about, but there were possibly extenuating circumstances given her age and other medication she was on). I also love how you got some of the inflections which the characters used down in your writing such as the way Wilson stumbles in his speech when nervous. I did notice a couple of grammatical mistakes, but they are so few and far between that they do little to detract from the story and it is understandable that they slipped through since they are barely noticeable. I would certainly love to read more House fics by you set after this event but can understand if there isn't due to the medical knowledge needed. Either way, I'll certainly be keeping my eye out for more of your work.