Reviews for When a Dream is Done
len chapter 35 . 3/26
it is now one hour past the middle of the night

i really freaking enjoyed this. may and dawn could have been a little less shunted to the side, and neither of them really felt like may or dawn, but this was more a story about ash and misty, and they were pretty rad

i like how, in the end, ash got most of his old spark back. he's still doing the worrying savage-grin-bloodthirsty thing, though, so i'm slightly concerned, but he's taking care of himself. he's gonna be okay
len chapter 22 . 3/26
i'm really enjoying reading this fic, which is weird, because my general interpretation of ash is that he is a giant dorkaramus who experiences age regression due to his trauma (because, seriously, there is no way that he got through all of that dying without being a little bit messed up), but this older-ish ash is really cool? sometimes he's a little bit too Edgelord, but that's okay! i mean, i can't complain, since i'm a giant dorkaramus... who experiences age regression... due to my trauma...

...okay, i might have to rethink how i write ash. or just flat-out say that i project my mental illnesses onto him

i? really like quentin? like, when he's being a jerk, it's still understandable, because ash is an even bigger jerk at that point

it's the middle of the night right now. reading at this time was a bad idea, but oh well

(also, i know that this was written a while back, and your opinions might have changed, but serena is actually a really cool character who is just figuring out all that romancey-feeling stuff, and has probably been idealising ash since her childhood and thus projected the idea of him being a viable romantic partner onto him. which will just end in tears, even considering her smooching him at the end of the series, because she's headed to hoenn and will probably end up falling in love with serena and i'm making it obvious that i played as serena during pokemon y)
bigb360 chapter 35 . 1/23
Overall i loved this. It did drag on in some parts, and i think the grandmaster battle could have been handled in half the time, but i also understand what you ate trying to do. You succeeded. You're great at describing things. I especially loved the ending. What a great way to wrap things up. I hope you do more.
seadragon1718 chapter 35 . 8/31/2016
I have been looking all this time for a story like this. One that truly captures "what could have been" and what "would" have happened once Ash became the VERY best! One always has to be careful for what they wish for and this story truly displayed it. But once you achieve that dream there is no way you can stop there! Everyday can be used to become better & serve a greater purpose in life! I loved the corniness at the end between Ash & Misty (I REALLY do ship them)! You have also inspired me to possibly write fan fiction for this couple too! Don't worry, I will make sure to make my own unique plot but thanks for this AMAZING story!
Pridakal chapter 35 . 8/12/2016
Goddamn. I read this whole thing for the past 8 hours and I am completely taken away. Kudos to you, my friend, for writing this amazing piece. I may have gotten a little inspiration from it as well...
Mayflowers123 chapter 35 . 7/27/2016
There is a song that needs to be this entire fanfictions theme song. It's called Beauty From Pain by SUperchick. There is literally a line in the song that says: "One day I'll hope again." Sound familiar- One day I'll dream again
Mayflowers123 chapter 21 . 7/27/2016
I repeat: DAMMIT MAN STOP GIVING ME CLIFFHANGER!
Mayflowers123 chapter 20 . 7/27/2016
DAMMIT MAN STOP GIVING ME CLIFF HANGERS!
Mayflowers123 chapter 12 . 7/27/2016
Damn. Ash used to be my first crush, now i'm kinda scared of him :
Mayflowers123 chapter 4 . 7/27/2016
DAMMIT ASH! MAN UP!
cake0108 chapter 35 . 7/26/2016
Its over :( Im going to miss your updates. You are so talented! Thank you so much!
cake0108 chapter 34 . 7/26/2016
Yaay Misty!
K3nel chapter 35 . 7/25/2016
That. Was. Awesome.

Every sentence, every chapter, it was pure gold.
I feared many times that you'd never reach the end, but it was worth the wait. I started to follow the story back in 2012, and it kept getting better and better. The first half about Ash's anger and pain was really interesting, the fight with Quentin was well-written, and the relationship with Misty was deep and credible.

Thumbs up to the author !
JordanMax chapter 35 . 7/24/2016
Amazing!

Congrats on completing this :)
DBZFTW chapter 35 . 7/24/2016
I loved this story. Seriously. It was well written, kept me entertained and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride! I'm hoping for a sequel some where down the road as well! Thanks for such a great experience.