Reviews for When a Dream is Done
JordanMax chapter 21 . 1/1
Wow that was awesome. Its kinda odd now that the battle is actually over. Im interested to see what happens next if Ash is truly back to "his normal self"

And no probs lol once again I figured you'd want to know and everything :)
Winnow chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
I'm going to go with that Ash is the 6th Grandmaster as well, only because Quentin says that he could count the number of worthy Grandmasters on one hand, and there were four peaks at the battlefield.
Popopoyotl chapter 21 . 12/29/2014
Contest: Ash is the sixth grandmaster. That is my conclusion.
Winnow chapter 20 . 12/28/2014
I thought this has been a very well done fight. It's taken quite a while, so maybe it could have been shortened in some respects, but considering the caliber of the trainers, it makes sense their battle would take time. The fights were very well planned out, and flowed well. It's clear some real thought was put into them.

I enjoyed them, but I'm glad the battles are over. I'm really interested to see what will happen from here on out.
jeannot1978 chapter 13 . 12/27/2014
Ash and Dawn traded pokemon. Ash's Aipom for Dawn's Buizel. So for Dawn, it is Buizel.
jeannot1978 chapter 10 . 12/27/2014
Masato Shigen, the first Grandmaster.
JordanMax chapter 20 . 12/26/2014
Awesome to read back to back updates! Hopefully we get another soon? :)
TheNiemand chapter 19 . 12/25/2014
FINALLY! Ash got back to his sense.
lordrednight chapter 19 . 12/25/2014
And now the true battle begins... Took him some time to figure this out, but in the end that's the result who truly matter... I think. Still ! I can't wait to read the true fight and see what Ash's, going to do to fix everything he messed up. And you better not abandon now ! One can't just bring a so awesome story and left it at it ! You wouldn't be a prick no... Something much, much, worse... A betrayer yes sir ! So please... I want to see him get what he deserves. A good slap from May and Down and, first and foremost, a slam of a mallet on the head, and a kiss. For good measure of course, the poor guy has suffered enough didn't he ? Or maybe not... Your call !
lordrednight chapter 18 . 12/25/2014
That was an hell of a fight ! Can't wait to read what happens next !
RightHandOfPalpatine chapter 19 . 12/24/2014
Ash turned his hat backwards... Shit just got REAL, son!
In all seriousness though, I'm glad you included the turning-the-hat-backwards thing. Not only does it show that ash is about to delivering one hell of an ass-whooping, but it signifies Ash's remembering who he IS, who he's supposed to BE. Not a man broken and lost in bitterness and a veritable lust for fighting, but the old Ash, one who put his friends and pokemon above anything, and dreamed of becoming a TRUE Pokemon master. If I hadn't already favorited this story, this is what would have made me do it.
TheeFirstEvil chapter 19 . 12/24/2014
wow say your the worlds biggest prick but its not updateing that is giving you he title its the fact that this battle has been going on for like 5 chaps
Is the answer 10 for the age they get there first pokemon
GaruAlpha chapter 18 . 12/24/2014
Next guess! I'll be honest, all your riddle did was make me scratch my head. The only thing that came to mind is that he might be the only Grandmaster that uses an unevolved Pokémon, but I highly doubt that.
DBZFTW chapter 18 . 12/24/2014
This battle is amazing and I don't know who I want to win! Can't wait till Misty reenters the fold either!
lordrednight chapter 17 . 11/28/2014
Firstly I would like to say, good job. That story is truly good... Made of some very great stuff and I would say some crazy stuff. Hear me out a little on this... When at first I read the summary I thought, oh great another story where the main character goes OOC and start to be something he couldn't ever be and somehow get back with the girl... Oh... How wrong I was... Well on the OOC part I clearly wasn't but, I still have to admit that I was wrong when I thought that would never be possible. In this franchise, ten years old kids leaves their homes, to go on some insane journey across the whole world inhabited by freaking super powered monsters who, if they would, could very well outright kill them if they feel like it, to become what they dream to be. And that without the constant watch of adults to make sure they wouldn't, let's be very pessimistic here, end up dead somewhere in a forest...
That kind of predicament can very well change any growing up kid, in something that their parents wouldn't never recognize ! Okay... Ash wasn't allways alone throughout his journey he made some really good friends and even get to meet the one meant for him (if he ever get to open his damn eyes), and he had his Pokémons all along, but ! Two years, two long years away from any real social interaction, let's face it. Pokémons are great and all by they aren't humans... They cannot just remplace a person... And that's really what convinced me that story was not so foul minded. And then he came back. But he wasn't the same person he was in the beginning of his journey, and that could be easily remarked. Marvelously done if I can say so myself. Personally I wouldn't ever by able to picture Ash Ketchum, the kid who's allways all smile and gifted with a never aging spell (they really screwed this up by the way that could've have been a such promising potential), like this, at least before... Now... You just throw out the window anything I considered unchangeable in this franchise. After let's talk about the fights... What one could expect to see ? Yes there is time to time some longing in the outcomes but hey ! That's a Pokémon battle ! Of course there is bound to have such things but overall that's great ! Personally I find them very immersing. When I read the very lines of the battle scenes I'm engrossed, at a point that I can almost picture them in my mind...

Anyway I'm rambling let's get to the point. You've got a truly unique story here, one who made me see Pokémon in another light. Even more it made me get back a long lost interest in this wonderful franchise. You're on something here and I will stay tuned until the very end. Keep up the good job !