Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
Salysha chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Merry took his best shot, and it wasn't very good... The younger hobbits are shown to do this over and again in the movies: they do something well-intentioned, something seemingly harmless, and grave things always befall. I think it's the environment: the Shire is such a shielded lot that they can't imagine a little fun having any consequences. And of course, being youthful and carefree doesn't help, nor does being a foolish Took. ;)

Legolas' bow is most likely the best "outside" artifact to do harm with; projectile weapons are unpredictable, and I could imagine the light Elven design to be light enough for hobbits to handle. I'm glad the story had a happy ending, though! I'm sure they remembered the lesson... for about both seconds. ;)
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
A great story. Very well written.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Never steal an elf's bow and quiver. A lesson for us all!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Aw, that was sad, but I'm glad that both are alright in the end. Great story!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
pretty good
SpiritoftheWhiteRose chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
That was sweet!
writergurlLW chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
Just like Merry and Pippin to learn things the hard way! I liked how you kept the characters in character. I could almost imagine this scene happening in the movie if it was of more importance. Nice story!
bardalicious chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
Aww.. that was cute and sad
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
This story is sad. I'm glad Pippin survived.
SadistiKitteh chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
i almost cried at that story! good job! almost made me cry! but not made me cry! well, i wanted 2...cuz it was sad, it felt proper! (plz dont ask! im a hobbity/elfy type person)
sincethelastday chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
Very good story! I loved it!
Kit Black chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
Yet again, I have to say that you've come up with a brilliant story. I know it's been up a while (probably a really long while), but I'm borrowing my aunt's Internet connection to read some stories. I can never get enough of your stories! They always seem to keep my attention longer than anyone elses and they've always been some of the best!
Jacklyn chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Great Story I really like it! Keep writing you have a natural talent!
SugarIcing chapter 1 . 11/5/2003
CUTE! i luve Merry, Pip, and Legolas. so we are all even, and all my guys got equal parts!

icing :P

Pess: i forgot. Very good! awsome, really!
Corran And Valin chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
Pippin! WHEE! *huggles him* Pippin and Legolas are my fav LOTR peoples. Hehe. Aragorn is pretty cool... Whe!