Reviews for Lyria
The next Arisen chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
Two things.
One. How bag I never seen this before?
Two. FUCK YES RANGER!
Esiphas chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
Im loving this! I vant belive I spent my whole afternoon reading this, but Im glad I did! Cant wait for more.

I'd love for you to use my pawn in the Story, though I havent got any form of Oline Gamimg Capability, So you'll never see her online. Still, She knows ger stuff when it comes to Chimera's and Cyclopses (The amount of Times I go hunting those things is unreal- she's not bad against the Griffon either!) If you do want to use her, She is a Black Skinned Mage, Dark hair alot like Madelines, With one Red eye and one brown. She's the Tallest height category available, and goes by the name Eris. You can go creative with her gear, if you do use her.

Again, cant wait to read more! I loved the Chronology of this story, and I love how youve characterised everyone.

Also, That Chapter with Julien. Julien gives not one F**k.
Some Guy chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
A Dragon's Dogma fanfic? Really?
Are you really that boring?
Come on, Dragon's Dogma is not a game to make fanfics of!
Nero132 chapter 14 . 7/16/2013
I just looked on this site for some DD fanfictions because I was bored and I found your story.
And your novelization is really good. I haven't read some fanfictions for some time(especially no english ones) but I can see when someones got talent in writing. At the moment I really don't know how often I finished Dragon's Dogma and how often I saw the same story over and over again.
But your story is so well written I don't find it the slightest bit boring and I like it how you tell the games plot with your Arisen Lyria.
I'm really looking forward to the next chapters. Keep up the good work :)

(sorry for the bad grammar. I might be reading a lot english but I don't write much english ")
SCI-FIWIZARDMAN chapter 14 . 7/8/2013
Hooray! Props to one of the best...and few...DD fanfictions out there! Seriously, this is a fantastic work so far. Going on mah favorites. :D

In answer to you're kinda-sorta-not-really question in that author's note way back at the beginning, I think the main reason there are so few fanfics for Dragon's Dogma is because of how it ends...or rather, how it DOESN'T end. The problem with the game's conclusion is that there IS no real conclusion. There's no happy ending, so awesome sense of fulfillment; you go on an epic quest to slay the dragon, but if you do, the whole world still goes all dark and gloomy and the Duke tricks everyone in the city into hating you. Then, instead of resolving and fixing the world so it's happy again, you go falling down an infinite floor-ceiling-loop-paradox pit with numerous rooms along the way, until you fight the last Arisen to defeat the dragon and basically become God. But does THAT resolve things? Nope, not really! Instead of being able to live in the world you've now truly saved, you're stuck being a ghostly observer that no one acknowledges, OR stabbing yourself with Godsbane and starting the whole process over again. Very few people want to write a fanfic about a story that has no real happy ending or resolution, at least for the character. Still, this is turning out quite nicely.

I have two questions. One, when the time comes for Lyria to upgrade her vocation, will she go Ranger or Magick Archer? I assume Assassin is out; she doesn't seem the type to go that route. Ranger is specifically the advanced version of Strider, with them awesome Longbows, but Magick Archers are...well, magic! She keeps the awesome daggers WHILE being able to use her usual dagger skills in tandem with magic ones, and also gets a magical bow with magic homing-arrows! WHO DOESN'T LIKE MAGIC?!

Two; since you've offered us the chance to donate our pawns to you for this story, might I offer mine? Should you find yourself in need of a more adept magic-user (perhaps to replace Rook?), my pawn, Twilight, is quite a skilled Sorcerer. Plus, imagine Lyria, Cal, and some other pawn having trouble with some huge boss enemy or a huge horde of smaller ones...when all of the sudden, EPIC SORCERY SPELL SAVES THE DAY. What'll ya have? Conjure a small meteor shower with Bolide? Or perhaps form an insta-death-tornado with Maelstrom? Ripple the ground asunder on a bunch of unsuspecting enemies with Seism? Or perhaps summon some undead minions of your own? Or maybe something not all that flashy, such as granting boons to the team? Whatever your need, be it destruction, numbers, or aid, my pawn Twilight will be there to assist you!

So that's it. I won't go posting my information on the review box, so just let me know if you want to take ie up on the offer. Thanks!
DearChibico chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
Lolz this was wonderful derp though xD
ParagonEmil chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Finally! I've been following 3 games recently; Dark Souls, White Knight Chronicles, and now Dragon's Dogma. DS has some really good ones, but WKC's good ones have stopped or I've read them too many times. And the ones left are full of grammatical mistakes and half-assed sentences. But now, I found this, and I will read it! Will it continue into Dark Arisen aswell?
SlowActingPoison chapter 14 . 6/11/2013
Okay, I guess I'm a horrible person, because I love hunting down the huge creatures in the game. Just for the epic fights and music. But yes, griffons are very majestic. And I think you had Hillfigure Knoll mission nailed pretty good. Please feel free to write Areith as anyway you and your muse sees fit. I'm attempting to keep her somewhat reticent, so she doesn't babble as much as some pawns. But when she speaks now it is usually useful. Instead of commenting on huge trees. lol. Still using Cal as my tank and packy, hope you don't mind, but he is very helpful and would be sad if he would suddenly poof. I'm still trying to find that regenitive armor, too.
Anyhoo, can't wait to read more from you. Cheers.
Bloodwitch Raven chapter 14 . 6/11/2013
I prefer the chimera.
SlowActingPoison chapter 13 . 6/5/2013
Yeah, heheheheheheehe.
I liked this mission during the chapter. Was hoping it would have been a bit more revealing in game or more interation between the merchant and the knight. Oh, wells.
Good chapter.

What did you think of Aeirith?

Hope to see another chapter soon.
annethepyro chapter 11 . 6/4/2013
I actually saw that scene of Elysion in Cassardis before the Hydra.
Neanda chapter 13 . 5/31/2013
This was the best chapter so far, I have to say! You advanced the plot and wrote up a side quest, but there was plenty of room for the friendship between Lyria and Cal, AND some backstory. And then the pawns' antics! I actually had to laugh at the fountain bits! I do remember my pawns always splashing about in the fountain whenever I headed from the Inn to the Alehouse. XD And their restlessness! I loved all of it!
I also loved how you wrote the noble quarter. I never quite realized that your lowly fisher character would be so out of her depth among all those fancy-dressed people! So thank you for that. And yeah, Maximillian does look very kind. And I guess his introductory speech IS long-winded. XD I never noticed any of this! *so happy at more character building, Lord knows this game needs it*

And wow! Rook is, what, level 6 or something? The fact he lasted so long is very impressive. :) Well, Hard Mode doesn't increase defenses or health for the monsters, which in Bitterblack is actually a good thing in my opinion. They just hit a lot harder. As for the level thing, well, I was at about 125 when I started the expansion for the first time...playing in Hard Mode all the way raised my levels quite a bit, and that was without beating Death, too.

I haven't been playing since the day I picked him up, but I have been using Calsifer in my 2nd part of Bitterblack Isle post-story. Obviously he's a little frail sometimes, because of the level difference, but he's doing a good job! I beat the second form of the final boss with him. :) Plus I love how he screams 'NOOO!' every time I kill myself, ha. By the way, his name is actually Calisifer, and I wonder if that's just a typo or if that was his original name?

Ja ne!
Guest chapter 12 . 5/28/2013
Sorry for Bitterblack. This just an idea don't have to take but maybe could do it after "nameless terror" quest since u have to do the quest at night and all but it's your story and your way.

I would welcome u to play with my pawn, lucel, but I play by Xbox.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/28/2013
Lol I love the part when Lyria comment on the ogre's fall. I would not surprised if half the people did that in their first play though that stupid ogre took me and my pawn down with it.

Anyway exciting story I liking a lot. Can wait for more and see bu
Neanda chapter 12 . 5/24/2013
Ha! Awesome as usual. The ogre fight was spot on; I'm pretty sure most players had the fight end that way the first time. I know mine did. :) Yeah, the Everfall is amazing, not in the least because it's likely your first encounter with undead. I always think that undead are kind of a myth to most peple because they don't come out during the day, unless you're in a place like this, and no one goes there. I think you did it justice, and to be honest the place doesn't have more to give until later on anyway. I'm also very happy that you added another pawn and you kept Rook! I always get rid of him immediately, and that always makes me sad... Oh just to make sure you know, there are a few typos here and there and a word is probably missing during the first undead fight.

As for placing Bitterblack Isle, I'm having a lot of trouble with that as well! I like placing it after the main game actually, I just pretend my character made the 'wrong choice' at the end and go from there... But nothing really makes sense. I really can't imagine the Arisen taking time off from hunting the dragon to go back to Cassardis, going out at night and, you know, going there. Plus you fight things that are a lot more powerful and terrifying there, and that makes the rest of the main game's story seem tame.

To comment on your review answers: Ranger IS fun, the bow combat is very thrilling in this game and is very much skill-based. The Mystic Archer is great because they can nail pretty much any elemental weakness by themselves, they also have Ricochet which works wonders in tight corridors (like Bitterblack) and that one attack where they fire 10 arrows that lock on to your targets. Of course against enemies immune to magic, a Magic Bow won't do anything. XD
And oh yeah, Bitterblack is hard. My copy actually arrived earlier this month, way earlier than expected, and I've done the first run through twice now. :) I was at level 120 when I started and did it on Hard Mode. Hard Mode is really tough though; your defense stats almost don't seem to matter and some good hits will see you dead. Now I play it on Easy mode, because I'm a wimp and I got tired of the damage tacked on top of the difficulty, hah. It's a great way to level up though, I think I'm at about level 157 now. The challenge is great! It gets less annoying after a while, at first I got very frustrated and even 'kind-of-not-quite-there' ragequit once. Never happened to me before.

Finally, so you're on the PS3 eh? So am I! If you want to hire my pawn, feel free to PM me for my PS3 ID! I'd love it if you could get my pawn for free! That is, of course, if you have need of a sorcerer. ;) She's been a mage for most of the time, though.

Ja ne!