Reviews for Eyes On The Future
NurseKelly chapter 53 . 12/11/2012
This story just keeps getting better. I like your take on Katniss and it makes sense that she would be jealous of Madge and Gale.
There is a lot going on in this chapter and it really moved the story along. I'm really looking forward to your next update!
Linda chapter 53 . 12/11/2012
Finally some emotion from Katniss. I agree she would be jealous and feel betrayed. I know you like Madge and Gale so I'm proud of you for showing their mistakes. They were wrong to hide such a strong relationship. That had been the one thing I didn't like about your story. But I'm hardly one to criticize since I love the story. Now this story is perfect.

A happy Johanna? I like the sound of that she deserves some happiness. Lol about waking up Madge and Gale and Gale missing the grumpy Jo.

Killing Coin - a political assassination? I hadn't thought of it that way. I had not given that much thought, but I agree that is exactly what it was. Katniss' actions going against every principle of democracy...so true and I had dismissed it completely while reading the book.

Mrs. Undersee the new Mayor - I love it.

I like this Katniss and I agree with you. I'd still like to see her end up with Peeta. Everyone sharing in blame for Katniss is nice.

Good update.
DamnDonnerGirls chapter 53 . 12/11/2012
I was so excited to see the alert for this! It didn't feel like you were jumping around a lot; the pace was perfect.

Oh wow. Katniss. Way to welcome your only girl friend back to the world of the living. BTW, this is what happens when you don't talk about your feelings or let other people talk about theirs.

Katniss seems more confrontational here. In the books, before Prim's death at least, she might have just walked away and screamed into a pillow or something. It's not necessarily OOC, we have seen her confront her mother before (kind of), etc. so we know she's capable of it.

I love the way that Gale puts Katniss in her place, and it's so awesome to see Johanna be the level-headed one!

(Idea: What if Johanna comes up with a nickname for Gadge, instead of having to call them handsome and princess separately?)

You managed to put a lot of substance in the discussion about Katniss and her crime. These are tricky questions, especially for newly independent societies, and I'm really glad that you don't dance around them. Plus it's hot to see Gadge continue to connect on an intellectual level.

And I have to give you the biggest of hugs for mentioning my story! Holy buckets. :) Thank you so much – it totally made my day.

P.S. Sooo excited to read more about what you teased in your PM... I love it already.
andinify chapter 53 . 12/10/2012
Jealous Katniss... oh my.
But yes, I agree with you. I think no one in MJ is pictured right. So yeah, your version makes way better sense than the real book xD

As for Gale and Madge... well it still breaks me to know that war broke them. And how it changed them... but I'm glad they have each other! In the book, Gale had no one. :(

Mrs. Undersee as the new mayor? YES. But honestly I thought at first Madge was going to be appointed as it xD

Overall it's a beautiful chapter. Well-written, well-described, and most of all: make sense & stay humanly!

Love this. Update soon! :)
Karawen chapter 53 . 12/10/2012
I always thought it was a little weird she gave up on gale so easily. They relied on each other so much that they trusted each other with the lives of family and they worked together to survive. It does seem to me that katniss would want gale, and really the books made gale and peeta a little bit flat, but the gale you made has a lot of character and doesn't stay all hating and spiteful. He was innitially painted out to be vengeful and headstrong, but your gale lacks that, and I think that is what turned katniss off of him. Peeta was too perfect. I think she would have been with peeta out of pity and maybe because she owed him. But he doesn't seem to match katniss very well, with Prim back in the picture I almost see her just shrugging Peeta off. Her mom and sister seemed to be her focal point, And she has them both. Seems like she would shut everyone else out and Prim would be her security blanket. I think peeta would try pretty hard to change that though.
angel2u chapter 53 . 12/10/2012
Almost over. I'll miss this story.
Ninavs2 chapter 52 . 12/8/2012
Prim! Loved it! Oooh more!
Karawen chapter 52 . 12/8/2012
Pretty awesome. I'm glad Prim is back. It was a pretty big bummer that she appeared to have died in the original trilogy.
DamnDonnerGirls chapter 52 . 12/7/2012
My thoughts in chronological order:

1. Yay for the new chapter!
2. The ring is perfect for Johanna. You always pick the perfect engagement jewelry. Are you a designer?
3. PRIM IS ALIVE! No, I did not guess that at all. But I'm very pleasantly surprised.
4. Coin lying to both Prim and Mrs. Everdeen is so plausible. It's headcanon now. I could just imagine Rory's face when he saw Mrs. Everdeen walking around District 13, when Prim had just told him that they would both be going to the mission in the Capitol. Fortunately, Annie (and you!) literally saved Prim's life.
5. I was hoping Gale's reunion with Prim would be more emotional, and that they would get to talk more. Gale was naturally speechless, but this is Prim... he watched her grow up, he will always love Katniss (platonically now), and they're forever bonded through Rory. Plus, even though we've established that Gale wasn't to blame for the bombing, this is exactly what he needs to give him that extra peace of mind.
6. Gale and Madge, GET A ROOM AND LOCK THE DOOR. :)
7. Katniss, Belle just gave you your sister back. I hope you're sufficiently thankful, 'cause I am!
RoryFaller chapter 9 . 12/6/2012
Sorry I never thanked you for calling me out ;-)

I adore using kids to reveal embarassing facts. It is a weakness of mine. You do a wonderful job with Posy.

Gale leaving was a great cliffhanger. Heartbreaking for Madge, but a good cliffhanger.

RoryFaller chapter 8 . 12/5/2012
What's going through your head right now?"

I chuckle and respond, "Well, I was thinking about what a good kisser you are, how soft your skin is, how much I've wanted to do this the last few days and why the hell are we talking right now instead of kissing?"

If ever that would sum up an 18 year old boys thoughts while kissing a beautiful girl ;-D

I love Gale's reaction.

Rory

PS. Yes, 2 reviews for a great chapter.
RoryFaller chapter 7 . 12/5/2012
A lot of stuff downloaded here... Gotta hurry to Gale's reaction in the next chapter.

RoryFaller chapter 6 . 12/5/2012
Forgot about the foot rub ;-) Back before they kiss constantly. I need to hurry up ;-)

Nice scene at the end of the chapter.

RoryFaller chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
So wonderful for Gale's family to be kind to the Hawthorne's. I love when he's wrong about people!

Boo-boo is too cute! And so nice to hear how he reacts to her so differently then other women. The same will be the case in my story too ;-)

I can't believe I didn't review all these chapters! I was probably waiting for you to do what everyone else does- make them hate each other or do something awful to Madge ;-) I'm so glad you did none of those things! I reviewed the next chapter, so I'll be back in chapter 6.

Guest chapter 52 . 12/4/2012
Yay Cohanna, Fannie and Prim all in one chapler.
515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »