Reviews for Eyes On The Future
Crazy Packers Fan chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
An interesting perspective because in the movie, obviously Madge doesn't give the pin to Katniss. A rare mistake in the movie, I think.
Crazy Packers Fan chapter 45 . 10/15/2012
Very fascinating, you've written a story that transcends all 3 books. I'm not a big fan of Mockingjay either, except for the parts with Johanna. I really like reading about Johanna's rescue; most people theorize (as do I) that it was Gale who saved her, so I like how you had him save her. It's nice to see a story with a different point of view. And I agree, Gale really got a bad edit in Mockingjay, no way should he have been written as a villain like he was.
Linda303 chapter 45 . 10/15/2012
I've been reading your story but I've never reviewed it before. It is one of the best I've read on this site. You should be proud of yourself.

Would it be alright if I strangle Coin?

Great job showing the rescue. I like the way you took a small paragraph in the book and expanded it to the actual rescue - great job with it. Gale volunteering for the rescue operation to save Johanna for Madge makes a hell lot more sense than what was told in the book.

WAy to keep your readers on edge - they were so close. When I was reading it I wanted to reach out and hold Gale in place so he'd see her.

Looking forward to next chapter.
julietwithnoromeo chapter 45 . 10/15/2012
Coin is really annoying, she is so evil. You are so good at writing her, you make her more unlikable than she already is. I hope the next chapter is the reunion. I am so excited :)
Christiana chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
I love this! Definitely keep this going! This story deserves to be published.
Michaela Johnson chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
Such a great story!:) I abs
Scarlet H chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
This is absolutley AMAZING! By far the best story I have read on Fanfic. Please keep writing!:)
Karawen chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
I loved it. I can't wait to see how gale handles that Madge is alive. I wonder what he does to get even with coin. I can't imagine how angry I'd be.
Guest chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
Reading Mockinjay puts me in a bad mood too. Coin is really evil. I just wanna reach thru my computer and strangle her...blah!

Is that really Madge? Is she the one that grabbed him? If it is I think I will seriously cry if they don't meet.

I'm also going to assume Gale is not dead, right? You have to update soon.
Guest chapter 44 . 10/14/2012
A pink Madge? It is simply amazing how much of a story you've created while staying canon. I love where this is going. Keep it up.
andinify chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
GOD I felt like I was about to throw anything around me. Gahhhhh that was a great chapter! Update as soon as humanly possible I'm begging you;)
angel2u chapter 45 . 10/14/2012
Is this where Madge finds gale?
ckrets chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Ooh so now we get Gale's perspective? Interesting. I don't think you've got Gale nailed as well as Madge. I don't think he'd be that mean to Madge...even if it is Gale. He probably wouldn't say it aloud, but he would definitely think it. His reaction to his mother was harsh too, perhaps too harsh. Oh well. We'll see how it plays out in the future. I think you've got Gale's jealously of Madge's privileges spot on, though. I know he doesn't hate her, but his thoughts on why he hates her just reaches into his jealousy of Madge's lifestyle. I honestly thought he'd be more like Katniss when it came to viewing Madge. But you did a good job on expressing Gale's jealousy.

All in all, a good chap, but I think you have Madg'es POV better than Gale's. Keep at it!
andinify chapter 44 . 10/11/2012
Yay yay yay! Do you really going to make them meet each other again? Oh, can't wait! I'm curious for the rescue, I keep wondering what will happen...

Anyway, you're great on keeping things canon. It's not easy, I know that exactly:p

Keep up the good job!
ckrets chapter 1 . 10/10/2012

Not a fan of 1st-person POV in fanfiction, but you seem to handle it fairly well. I think you've got Madge characterized spot on. Granted, there isn't much about we know about her, but you've done an excellent job with her thoughts and emotions. Especially the beginning, when all she can think about is how Katniss is her best friend, despite the fact Katniss doesn't feel the same way. It makes it odd to hear Madge think this, but it's /right/ because Madge considers Katniss more of a friend than Katniss does her. So I applaud your brilliance when Madge gave Katniss the pin with her utter sincerity.

Now for the Madge/Gale interactions: alksjdasldjsladj. The "Princess" bit seemed a bit weird, but I kinda /really/ loved it too. Madge is cutely naive. I mean...she actually tried hugging /Gale/. After he's still getting over Katniss. I just. Wow. Madge is /really/ naive, and I love it. Like I said, you've went inside Madge's head and extracted her character, placing it on the page.

Interesting Notes:

-Madge's mother was quite the looker when she was young, just like Katniss's mom. The only thing is that apparently Madge's mom is /still/ the looker. Interesting.
-Madge' thoughts about not being a "normal teenager" are a little odd. Sure that they live in a world where they have to hunt illegally and volunteer to kill or be killed, but that /is/ their version of "normal." That's normal, because that's what Madge grew up with. (It would be unnormal for Madge if the Hunger Games suddenly stopped). It's something to think about.

Some errors(?):

-"The peacekeepers leave him when they see me after all I am the Mayor's daughter." -There should be a semicolin after "they see me" and a comma after "after all"
-You should paragraph break whenever there is a new speaker. When Gale speaks to Madge in response, there should be a new line to indicate that.

I love it! I love Gadge, I think you have a good start, and I can't wait to see where you go with this story!
515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »