Reviews for Eyes On The Future
SweetLoveOfMine chapter 56 . 2/7/2013
I love the wee ending too cute! Sequel?
EStrunk chapter 56 . 2/6/2013
Strange scene with Katniss. The contrast between her and Gale and Madge is sad. I did like that Gale wouldn't let Madge feel self-conscious about whether or not Katniss saw them. For some reason I love the idea of them riding a motorcycle out to the waterfall. And the last line was wonderful!
girlonfire5360 chapter 56 . 2/6/2013
Wonderful chapter!
Linda chapter 56 . 2/6/2013
I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. A very nice surprise.

This was fluffy and fun to read. Thank you for writing it for me.

Posy is a hoot. I had no doubts she would be super smart. So Gale and Madge started teaming up pretty early. No wonder Posy gives Gale a run for his money as a teenager.

Nice touch on Madge's first case. That alone should get her the Nobel peace prize. Love their kissing and the glimpse of Corn and Johanna.

Interesting view of D12. So Katniss misses Gale, huh? Makes sense. I think she would've missed him regardless but especially with Prim still alive.

The waterfall was great. She ripped off his clothes? He did buy her a waterfall. Still the most romantic gift ever.

Now I want to go back and read the entire story again.

I Loved it. THANK YOU!
Dendroica chapter 11 . 1/23/2013
I really like this glimpse into parts of the games we don't get in THG. And gotta love M&G falling asleep together in the meadow ...
Dendroica chapter 10 . 1/23/2013
I do really like Gale's reaction in this chapter. It's very Gale, and it makes sense that he'd be confused about his feelings. He & Madge have both had to grow up so young.

I think Hazelle's worry and Rory's anger are both so realistic.
I like how Madge tries to let go of his hand this time but he doesn't let her.
Dendroica chapter 9 . 1/23/2013
I really like how you've written Posy here. Innocently outing Gale & Madge's kisses .. And Gale's line "You told me to be nice to her, Ma." is great!
I hate the Katniss drama, but it's gotta be there. *sigh*
EStrunk chapter 55 . 1/22/2013
I loved the line about it being the 4th best present ever. The thought of Finnick & Annie having 5 boys was wonderful. And I love their discussion about filing the extra bedroom.
EStrunk chapter 54 . 1/22/2013
I loved her reunion with his whole family. I think being a part ot their family would be so important to her. The wedding was lovely - maybe 3 hours is a little unrealistically fast - but I loved when she pointed out that he never said "pretty dress." And their new jobs were perfect.
EStrunk chapter 53 . 1/21/2013
I liked your focus on everybody but Katniss and Peeta, but it does make it difficult to wrap things up with them. And Katniss had a point. They should have told her. It seems like it was Haymitch's overprotectiveness that convinced them all to lie to her. I do like the way you handled her trial much better than it was done in the books. The end wih Katniss in isolation while her trial happened was too weird. And I think the verdict was almost right. I think guilty but with a presidenial pardon would have been better, but that's a lawyerly technicality. Oh - and I totally agree that if she's going to be with Peeta it should be because she loves him and not by default!
EStrunk chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
No I hadn't guessed re Prim. On the one hand I feel like you're making it all too easy, but on the other hand it only seems fair. Also - another plot weakness in the book - it really didn't make sense that her mother would have let her go, that she would have agreed to go. The only problem is that Katniss saw her die. I guess I have to read more to find out how you've dealt with Katniss. I did love the reunions, esp. Johanna and Corn's.
EStrunk chapter 51 . 1/21/2013
I love the serious conversation that they have. And Beetee's insights were wonderful too, esp. re Orville Wright. I completely agree with Madge that Gale couldn't have known how his plan would be used, but then again guilt is rarely rational. I love that you used the word "repent." I do think that Gale knows better than anyone how much anger and hatred motivated him and he does need to repent and to try to make amends.
I agree that his character arc in MJ didn't really make sense. Although I do think that people dehumanize the enemy and that he showed signs of that when telling Katniss that killing people wouldn't be that different from hunting.
Anyway - I love that you saved Finnick (and Madge) while keeping true to canon, but Gale's journey has been so different than the one in the books that those choices no longer make sense for him - so you have to go AU.
EStrunk chapter 50 . 1/21/2013
I'm amazed by how many of the same gaps we seem to have seen. I hated that Collins didn't address the new government of Panem, that she let Katniss decide by herself that Coin should die. I love that they're discussing how to set things up so that it'll be structurally better. And Gale still has to deal with his demons. Sigh. But it has to be done.
EStrunk chapter 49 . 1/21/2013
Wanting Sikka to kill the rest of his unit? She's just as evil as Snow. Glad he saw through that, but so sad he died. Love your names by the way. And love the fluff.
EStrunk chapter 48 . 1/21/2013
I could kiss you for saving Finnick! That was almost as great as having Gale and Madge reunited. I like the line about how he can't decide whether to kiss her or hold her or look at her. One crucial typo though - when Madge's mom is explaining how she can go live with Dr. Aurelius she says that they were afraid to trust "Coin" because he's Snow's grandson.
515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »