Reviews for Eyes On The Future
EStrunk chapter 47 . 1/21/2013
Great chapter - so much in it. I love his observation that Katniss hasn't let herself love so she can't really hate. And Peeta's question about the pink girl was great and awful - another so close and so far moment. Johanna is wonderful. I like how she pushes him, but she won't take her own advice. And finally - they know they're alive!
EStrunk chapter 46 . 1/21/2013
So glad they pieced together that the others think they're dead. The memory and her smelling his uniform were heart rending. Sigh.
EStrunk chapter 45 . 1/21/2013
Coin is such a creep! I wanted to scream when she told them to stay away from the "X". I love all the details - like the drug to slow everyone down and calm the rescuees. The rescue in the books really wasn't quite plausible. It was too easy. Thanks for explaining away some of that. And then Gale getting a glimpse of Madge! Fantastic.
EStrunk chapter 44 . 1/20/2013
That was fascinating - the story re how Peeta got his information on the attack. And Kalani's murder was shocking. I love Corn's gift - and the cover bracelet.
EStrunk chapter 43 . 1/20/2013
Another devastating chapter. I love that he sees Madge and argues with her. And the transmission Coin crumbled up - what a creep!
EStrunk chapter 42 . 1/20/2013
So glad Madge's alive. And her mom too - that's a twist. But Johanna! And Annie & Peeta.
EStrunk chapter 41 . 1/20/2013
That was horrible! I'm sitting here in a Starbucks crying. And hoping that somehow Madge is alive!
EStrunk chapter 40 . 1/20/2013
I hated that Peeta's brothers didn't even get names. I love watching the rebellion unfold and you're right that no one told Katniss much (although I'm surprised that no one ever seemed to mention to her that Madge and Corn were supposed to be together).
EStrunk chapter 39 . 1/20/2013
Everything just seems to be amping up - I do like this view because it makes the rebellion seem more realistic. I have to tell you that I was shocked about your description of the ring Gale made. When I wrote my long fic I included a scene where Gale buys some silver and gold wire (it's post war and he has some money by then) and I had in my head this whole backstory about he used to make rings for people before. They were just made out of string, but 3 groups of three pieces of string braided. When they wore out he'd just replace them. Then - once he could afford wire - he made a similar one. But I never managed to include the whole ring story. I love how similar, but different, our ideas were.
EStrunk chapter 38 . 1/20/2013
I love Gale encouraging Madge to reconcile with her parents. The list of victors was confusing since there were no District numbers. Sometimes I get the feeling that you don't like Katniss very much.
EStrunk chapter 37 . 1/20/2013
Sweet. I'm glad you weren't too graphic & I'm wndering why the subject of birth control never came up.
EStrunk chapter 36 . 1/20/2013
Glad she didn't see too much of how bad it was. I do hope she forgives her parents and I'm liking Corn more and more.
EStrunk chapter 35 . 1/20/2013
That was a brutal conversation - different from the one in the book, but painful in a different way. I'm glad they are suspicious of Coin and almost scared to read the next chapter.
EStrunk chapter 34 . 1/20/2013
I love the bit with Gale, Madge & Posy although they make me nervous bc kids that age just don't keep secrets well. The Capitol stuff was great - so glad that Johanna is Corn's girlfriend. And I love seeing Finnick again.
EStrunk chapter 33 . 1/20/2013
That was just so sad. At least Corn is the one investigating.
515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »